Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm pre-op but I think it's important to get things off your chest: 1. I have told people I'm single because I'm too busy to date. The truth is I'm ashamed of my weight and don't want to face rejection. 2. I'm super excited to have an intimate relationship again. It's been 7 years and I'm 28' date=' I feel so sad about this. 3. I am scared to death to be thin, I hide behind my weight to not be outgoing. 4. I don't exercise, at all. I feel this is going to be a challenge for me. 5. I love soda, I'm heartbroken I have to give it up. I think I'm being naive how hard this will be for me.[/quote']

I don't think anyone can truthfully be fully prepared for this journey. My advice: trust your doc, work the program, learn who the true you really is. You'll probably like her a lot ;o)

I confess I ate to much jell Beans

I confess that I don't drink enough

I confess I do have pumpkin spice coffee

I truly don't think about food like I use to

I confess that I am in the hoapital as I type this message and my husband went to get him something to EAT....and came back with a pudding and doritos....and I so shamefully licked his chip and licked his spoon of pudding im trying my hardest to regain my self control. ...someone pray for me

My first confessions. Here goes...

1. I confess that I am afraid to take pics of myself yet because I am afraid that I won’t see in a pic what I see in the mirror. I really like what I see in my mirror for once.

2. I confess that as much as I want people to comment on my weight loss, the attention is sometimes extremely overwhelming and I want to hide from everyone.

3. I confess that even though first and foremost I had this surgery to have a healthy future, one of the biggest incentives for me to lose weight was to fit into roller coasters again. My poor husband has had to ride alone for the last 6 years.

4. I confess that even though I am more than halfway to goal in 3 months I am terrified that any day now I will stop losing.

5. I confess that after I tried on my wedding dress from 14 yrs ago AND IT FIT!!!, I stayed in it all night while I vegged out on my couch and watched TV.

Edited by Lorie77

I confess that I've been in a depression lately.

I confess that I've been eating really poorly, a lot of sugars and carbs.....

I eat when I'm angry, depressed, etc.....

I don't exercise like I should......

I am still pre op (8 days til surgery) but heres my confessions

• On saturday i cheated on my liquid diet, i ate 6 tacos for dinner and had soda.. wait it gets better....
  • My bf and i each ate half of a mrs smiths apple pie with vanilla ice cream ( my fav thanksgiving treat). I think my nerves and cravings just got the best of me
  • I confess that i am back on track finally and m hoping i didnt do too much damage... no more cheating i swear
  • i confess that i look the other way or pretend to look at ny phone to avoid having to speak to people at work. I fear they are "looking at me" and thinking yuck look at what a fatty she is
  • I confess that i check this site so many times when i am supposed to be working
  • i confess that even though i am in a relationship for 5 years i wouldnt mind some attention from the opposite sex.

Ok here we go!

1. I don't weigh myself regularly I will go weeks without stepping foot on the scale because I don't really care to know daily or weekly how much I weigh. Usually every couple weeks

2. I made my famous vanilla bean cupcakes with fresh blueberry frosting for my nieces birthday yesterday and I licked the frosting beater. (Only one lick but still)

3. Sometimes I forget to eat and will look at my fitness pal and realize I only consumed 400 calories that day.

4. I bought a belly dancing workout video and tried it and my arms still hurt from 4 days ago.. Wait that's probably not a bad thing...

5. In order to get all my Fluid in (60 oz.) I have to drink hot tea (decaf) unsweetened. because Water alone taste like sewer smells and it's hard to drink. For some reason cold beverages and I are not friends its very hard to drink cold beverages.

6. I got rid of my entire size 26 wardrobe already because I don't intend to ever fit in those clothes again. My new size 20 clothes are very few and I rotate my outfits because I won't fit into these much longer. So there isn't any point to buy more than a few items... However I do regret not keeping one pair of my big jeans.. Ill never be able to do the standing in one leg picture when I get to my goal

7. speaking of goals I don't actually have a set one.. I just figured I'd lose till I hit a place I'd feel comfortable and then maintain from there.. I gave myself 12 months to get to a maintaining point..

8. I signed up for a 5k in may of 2014. I'm starting the couch to 5k today.. Me +running I never thought I'd see the day!

9. I choose not to worry about or obsess about the weight loss I am following my program and I'm having faith that if I do and stay positive about it everything will fall into place. Yeah some days i mess up and don't eat enough because I was running around all day and forgot to eat, or I licked the frosting beater.. But it's not every day and I'm human.. I'm not perfect nor do I expect to be.

10. I really really enjoyed the look on my ex's face when he saw me the other day... I might of enjoyed it a little too much but oh well!

I think we all have days of good and bad and it's ok. It's how we bounce back from a bad day and move forward that counts anyway...good luck to everyone!! Know that no matter what happens yesterday today's a new day and you can always change it into a positive!

I confess:

I had conversations with my pain med button when i pushed it in the hospital (come to papa, i own you button, Yea baby and something unintelligible but I think it was from the movie scarface :wacko:)

I drink coffee most days

struggling with my new emotions

I will have a piece of lasagna when its safe

im not crushing ALL my pills.

Edited by mrkjhn1

I’m afraid I’ll never get under 200 since I was in my 20s when I was ( I’m 48)
I’m afraid I’ll enjoy attention from men- I’m married but I like to flirt
I’m afraid I won’t be able to afford a Tummy Tuck and I will most likely need it.
I’m also afraid of dying during surgery
I’m afraid that after I finally get thin and feel good about myself something really bad will happen to me or my family- and i won’t be happy and I won’t enjoy life- I never believe I deserve to be happy.

I confess that...

1) I lied about the surgery I was having to my husband because he would never understand. He’s in the “get up and move and it’s oh, so easy” mentality. He thinks the surgery was for something else and weight loss is a weird side effect.

2) I miss Goldfish crackers so much that I “eat” handfuls of them by sucking the seasoning off and spitting them into the garbage.

3) I bought a kid’s meal and ate the French fries first. My punishment was they wouldn’t stay down.

4) I threw out my big clothes yesterday instead of giving them to charity.

5) I’m loving the attention I’m getting from guys right now even though I’m married.

I have lost 40.2 as this morning. Sleeved 10/3.

I️ absolutely love this thread ok here I️ go sleeved 10/20/17
Hw 344
Sw 327
Cw 293

I️ confess that I️ don’t think I’m going to be as happy as I️ thought I️ was goin to be The more I️ lose weight

I️ confess that I’m terrified to have extreme loose skin

I️ confess that Im jealous and always compare myself to other ppl journeys

I️ confess that I️ didn’t realize the mental side of this was so hard I️ have no cravings and have to remind myself to eat but I️ think about all the things I️ think I️ want

I️ confess I️ hit a stall and they scare me wat if I️ won’t continue to lose and that’s I️t

Whew ok that felt good

Sleeved in April-2012

I confess that despite being 5.5 years post-op, I still expect others to see me as the fat and/or unattractive girl.

I also confess that I have a greater need for approval/validation and attention than I "should" at my age (41).

I confess that I STILL don't know what the capacity of my stomach is (it's small!) - my family jokes about whether it's a "3 or 4 bite meal". It's amazing to me that when my body needs food, my brain has an image of how much food I should want/need. It's never what I can actually consume... unless it's ice cream!

I confess that I feel as though I hold greater worth as a fit person; but it makes me sad to think that less body fat on my frame makes me feel as though I can command "a place at the table". That's not where worth comes from. It comes from character and values.

I confess that I am relieved that I can finally eat in public and not worry whether people are judging me for what (or how much) I'm eating.

I confess that after all these years, I don't take the time to stop and reflect and be grateful for my weight loss like I used to, and that I wish I could/would give back to the Bariatric community - the newbies could probably use a little support and guidance.

I confess that getting sleeved saved my life - maybe not in a literal sense, but it freed me to truly be me.

1. I confess I use straws.
2. I confess I had a Snickers and...i didn't like it. So not satisfying.
3. I confess that I would often weigh myself twice a day and obsess over the numbers.
4. I confess that I tried some rice. My fave Mexican rice. I ate a few bites after having my fajita meat first. I would have previoiusly eaten the entire serving of rice before anything else.
5. I get jealous reading some of the other posts with people losing weight faster than I am. I did well on my own losing weight but always had problems keeping it off. I'm in this for the long haul but sometimes it is hard to focus on my journey and not compare it to others.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I confess..I had 2 WEEK pre op diet but was denied a day before surgery...I lost 11 pounds but gained it all back...now waiting for new surgery date to start 2 week diet again

Sleeved 12/30/16

HW: 301, SW: 271, CW: 187

I confess that I drink caffeinated unsweetened tea everyday. It's the only way I can get anywhere near my fluid goals.

I confess I use a straw

I confess that I get obsessed with the number on the scale to often and even though I weight myself daily I only count my weight on a weekly basis but the fluctuation daily makes me panic if I go up even though I know it's not fat.

I confess that I've been stalled pretty much for 2 months and I'm freaking out even though I've lost far more than expected (113 lbs, my NUT predicted 86 pounds lost) surpassed all of my personal goals and am the healthiest I've been in years I still feel I'm a failure if I don't hit my surgeons goal (175 lbs).

I confess I feel so weird when people call me skinny or thin or when people refer to me as a thin person because in my head I'm still 300lbs and plus sized. *Over this past weekend I was in a long line at Bath and Bodyworks and the ladies behind me were talking about Lane Bryant and frustration they were having with their return policy and the cost of their clothing in general. I chimed in my two cents about Lane Bryant and after I realized they were probably like "what is this thin b***h putting her 2 cents in" as I can clearly not shop in Lane Bryant anymore.

I love eating out now more than ever because when we go out with friends I'm not the only woman to clear her plate. Now I eat as much as my thin friends and it makes me feel so normal.