Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I confess...

...I weigh myself everyday, at least once, and I honestly feel this keeps me in line. However I only officially go by my weight on Sunday Morning.

...I still go to Weight Watchers Meetings to be weighed in, I still track my food (even though I don't even come near to eating my daily points allowance) I like that WW pays attention and celebrates even the smallest losses, I don't think I will ever stop going and I will be happy if I make Lifetime Membership. But I haven't told anyone at my WW meeting about my surgery bc people can be "judgy"

...I am actually begining to like going to the gym, even at 5:15 in the morning!

...I feel so great after this surgery... I still eat all the foods I love, just way smaller portions and I have never once felt deprived.

...I am slightly excited to see my inlaws this Sunday... I haven't seen them since a week after my surgery... My Sister-In-Law is one of those people who have to make a comment about everything and she gives passive aggressive underhanded compliments to people and is always trying to act like her life is better then everyone elses and like she is the hottest thing on the earth and is gods gift to men... I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees me... I know she won't give me a compliment but the look on her face will be better then anything she could ever say, I know that is rude but she is even fatter then I was at my heaviest weight and would always make comments to me about my weight and how I have such a pretty face etc... I just want to see her face when she sees me down almost 40lbs.

...only a select few people know about my surgery and I am happy to keep it that way.

...I went shopping for dresses for my sister's wedding last Saturday (I am her Maid of Honor) and for the first time ever I fit into everything I tried on, somethings were too big and I found a dress that I love and I look awesome in! I don't think this has EVER happened!

...I am getting a little nervous becuase the lowest weight I have ever gotten down to as an adult is 211lbs... Right now I am 225.6lbs and I am nervous I won't be able to surpass 211! I know once I actually do get to 210lbs my confidence is going to skyrocket! I just have to remind my self every day that it will happen... Even my Surgeon and PCP think I will lose all my excess weight, having both of them be so confident in me is both encouraging and worrisome to me...It is so great that they believe in me but I dont want to prove them wrong!

...I just have to add that I have the best husband, he is so supportive and loves me no matter what, I really think I owe some of my success to him!

I confess-

I'm happy that so many of you are doing so well! It truly does my heart a world of good to hear so many positive things!

I'm sad that my marriage didn't improve and isn't improving, even while separated and doing counseling.

I'm still a slave to the scale. Every single morning.

Even after stricture repair, the nausea is kicking my butt. food holds no appeal, but I'm trying.

Though I'm nowhere near my original 489lbs (down to 290lbs) I'm still terrified of joining a gym. So, I do my elliptical at home, walk/jog the track after dark. Too humiliated by my body to exercise in public/with others.

I confess today after 17 years I finally asked my dr for a referral to a therapist to work through some major issues from childhood. I recognize that all my effort in trying to be healthier and a good mom is not making those issues go away. I confess that I cannot sleep even though I've taken enough sleeping meds to knock out a cow and here I sit awake' date=' my mind zooming unable to shut

Off today's conversation with him. I confess I feel fake as though I've never really been happy and am hoping this is a step in the right direction, and not another failed attempt. I confess I am confessing this here because I have no one else to tell as I feel as though I've worked hard on shutting everyone else out. That's it or I'm gonna cry.[/quote']

We all love and support you! I, too, have real trouble sleeping and it sucks. I hope your therapy helps take some of the load off your shoulders. It's time to put you first for a while. God bless you.

I confess I'm puzzled - I'm not fat (any more), I'm not stupid, I'm not dull, I'm not ugly and I'm not a twit and I'm STILL single.

*deep sigh*

We all love and support you! I' date=' too, have real trouble sleeping and it sucks. I hope your therapy helps take some of the load off your shoulders. It's time to put you first for a while. God bless you.[/quote']

Thank you, let's hope it helps, I'm pulling at strings here lol

I confess I'm puzzled - I'm not fat (any more)' date=' I'm not stupid, I'm not dull, I'm not ugly and I'm not a twit and I'm STILL single.

*deep sigh*[/quote']

Being with the wrong person is worst than being single! They WILL haunt you all of your life and can make you miserable! GET A DOG! Lol! They LOVE you no ma tter what!

Being with the wrong person is worst than being single! They WILL haunt you all of your life and can make you miserable! GET A DOG! Lol! They LOVE you no ma tter what!

Lol amen! I love this!

This should be fun! I'm 10 days post op and I confess:

1. I am worried that I will not lose weight like all the other success stories I read.

2. I'm tired of purée food and I'm not even suppose to be eating them for another week.

3. Oh yeah, I cheated in week 2 and skipped creamy liquids and went straight to purée food.< /p>

4. I'm jealous that my family can still eat whatever they want. It sucks even more cause I do all the grocery shopping and cooking for them. It's pure torture!

5. I am not getting all my Protein each day and I am ready to workout and lose some damn weight!

This should be fun! I'm 10 days post op and I confess:

1. I am worried that I will not lose weight like all the other success stories I read.

2. I'm tired of purée food and I'm not even suppose to be eating them for another week.

3. Oh yeah' date=' I cheated in week 2 and skipped creamy liquids and went straight to purée food.< /p>

4. I'm jealous that my family can still eat whatever they want. It sucks even more cause I do all the grocery shopping and cooking for them. It's pure torture!

5. I am not getting all my Protein each day and I am ready to workout and lose some damn weight![/quote']

#1 STICK TO PROGRAM- IT WILL WORK! STOP CHEATING! ( you are still healing and you could be doing your body some harm)

#2 you are in the TOUGHEST PART OF RECOVERY ( I know , been there)!

This too will pass!

#3 your family needs to support you , meaning give hubby the list and make him shop and crash course in cooking! Atleast until you get farther along. They WILL NOT STARVE TO DEATH! if his is a bad cook, he'll get better on if they (family) get hungry, they will eat it.

#4 PROTEIN! PROTEIN! PROTEIN!

YOU MUST GET IT IN, YOUR WEIGHLOSS DEPENDS ON IT!!!!! YOUR BODY DOES NOT STORE Protein LIKE FAT, SO IF YOU F ONT GET ENOUGH YOUR BODY WILL DEPLETE IT FROM YOUR MUSCLES AND THE MOST IMPORTANT MUSCLE TO KEEP HEALYHY IS YOUR HEART MUSCLE!

I know about this also, had heart attack in 2007 @ age 38!

I dont mean to yell at you, just want to see you suceed like all other on this forum!

If I could , I would give you a hug , & then a slap on butt and tell you get back in game and kick some ass! You got this! You got a whole lot on living to do!

I am 2weeks postop, n so far I confess the following:

1) I confess 3days post surgery, I started exercising running and running a lot to the point that I want to go to the gym everyday because I am afraid the sleeve won't work for me.

2) I confess I had fries and rice two separate occasions but never swallow them. I chew them just for the taste and I spit it out. Is disgusting to say but it satisfies my head hunger n honestly it's mind fulfilling.

3) I confess I lost 31lbs since my surgery on January 30th but I fear I will be a failure or that somehow this surgery won't work for me.

4) I confess I always weight myself after a shower and I get easily discouraged when I see a digit going up instead of dropping.

5) I confess my greatest fear is being 5months post op and not being below 230lbs which is my goal.

I confess that I am soo excited that everyone has the same confessions as I do.

I confess that I am scared I won't be as successful as others and I won't really lose weight

I confess that I have kept my surgery a secret except from my hubby and immediate family, I hate all the questions

I confess that I drank a small coke from McDonald's and it was sooo good

I confess that I miss being able to take a big bite of a hamburger

I confess that I am also scared of the pressure that will come when I really lose a lot of weight, if I do.

I confess not having a scale and not wanting one for fear of being a slave to it and having it determine my mood for the day

I confess while I think I have lost about 25lbs and I am 5 weeks post op mentally I am not feeling happy, like I think my mood has changed for the worse and I don't know why

Finally I confess that while I believe I have the best husband in the world who was always affectionate he is all over me and I find myself becoming a little irritated and I don't know why and I don't want to hurt his feelings but I have lied to him and said my stomach is a little sore to get out of sex some nights.

Whey... It feels great to say these things.

OMG and OMG and OMG.....

I confess that I am 3 months out and I ate I

"thin mint" yesterday and my Water intake

Sucks today.....

Cheese and shrimp quesadilla??? Where did you find that? It sounds delish!!!

It is a local Mexican place, not a chain. But most of them have seafood, shrimp, or fish tacos. I have learned that I don't tolerate beef or chicken very well yet, so I look for shrimp and seafood, and grilled or broiled over fried.

OMG and OMG and OMG.....

I confess that I am 3 months out and I ate I

"thin mint" yesterday and my Water intake

Sucks today.....

;) Laura I think you will be just fine after a single mint, at least it wasn't 6, a whole row ( guilty of eating that many at once) or a whole box. They must put something magical in those Cookies because they sure are good! This weekend was "hard" for me because of a v-day party on Saturday ( we hosted) and a b-day party on Sunday. I did pretty good at the v-day party, but did have a small lemon drop rosemary drink my wife made. Didn't hit me, I was surprised after my last wine experience. Not too bad at the b-day party. My wife put a small fork of cake (a pinch) in front of my mouth so I decided to try it it was ok, but didn't feel like I wanted any. Let me tell you, it is hard to be a good eater when married to a generous woman Ike my wife that likes to host many social events with family! I manage to say no most of the time though. Hosting parties is part of her personality and I would not ask her to stop for a moment.

I confess I feel like I have been living in a dream and none of my weightloss is true. I also confess I feel like Im getting a little depressed everyday, dont know why either. I also confess that reading so many post everday sometimes makes me feel they are about me and my life. (The sad ones). I confess I think I have made some pretty great friends here on this forum.