Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am Numb, So Close & This Happens!

So, basically I was nearing the finish line after over 6 months of preparing for the Sleeve. I was eating right, exercising, and lost a little bit of weight (15 lbs) and I find out....I'm PREGNANT, 13 years after having my daughter!!!! This is just so unreal, I am in shock and just emotional. WOW, I have had to cancel my appointment with the Surgeon and everything else.

This is just crazy!!!

well congratulations!!! that's wonderful news. You can always have the surgery next year!

I wish you the best!!

Congrats! When you start eating right, exercising and losing weight, your insulin resistance improves which helps soooo many women get pregnant! Keep up the great habits!

Wow - I don't know if I should say "congratulations" or "I'm sorry." (it's always happy, but you seem like you really didn't want it now) :)

See how long your supervised diet will be valid for, and how soon after pregnancy he will do the procedure. Then just work hard to keep your focus during pregnancy. That's such a hard time to not pack on the pounds. And I don't mean the expected pounds, I mean the "I can because I'm pregnant" pounds!

Wow that is crazy.... they made me take a pregnancy test an hour before surgery and said there have been people that they have had to tell, like you. I know there must be so many emotions. I can only imagine as I think back to both of my surprise pregnancies. All I know is that God is always good and knows what He is up to. I am sure that His timing is perfect and if you have asked yourself if you should do this right now.... you have your answer. I will be praying of you to have peace and comfort as your process what all of this means for you and your family.

BTW, I had to re-read "13 years after having my daughter" when I saw your pic, because unless you had her when you were like 3, you photograph seriously young. :) (That's a compliment)

BTW, I had to re-read "13 years after having my daughter" when I saw your pic, because unless you had her when you were like 3, you photograph seriously young. :) (That's a compliment)

I was thinking the same thing! You look way too young to have a 13 year old!

I am actually 40, and now pregnant....Thanks for the compliment!

Thanks Ladies, I am actually 40 and to be 40 and pregnant was not in the plan. I appreciate all the kind words, it's just that I feel like I was hit by a BUS and I am in complete shock!!!

Wow, I can only imagine. I have had this conversation with hubs several times during this already emotional process. So I can relate. It is suppose to be happy time, but I don't know if I would be happy. I am so sorry you are going through this.

Wow' date=' I can only imagine. I have had this conversation with hubs several times during this already emotional process. So I can relate. It is suppose to be happy time, but I don't know if I would be happy. I am so sorry you are going through this.[/quote']

Thank you, I do realize this is a blessing. I am just not over the shock of it all :-(

Prayers for you with all you're struggling with. I hope you find peace soon! Bless you.

All I can say is I know how you feel... I seriously didnt expect to fall pregnant at 43 ... I wish you all the happiness your bundle of joy will bring.

wow what a surprise! Of course it will take you time to process and then the excitement will kick in..just had this happen to my daughter and a coworker, both after

14 years since babies. You have started such good habits and if you nurse you may end up much smaller than you started. Also I know all my classes, approval etc is good for 1 year according to my insurance so you may not have to start from scratch if you do continue on the surgery path.

Regardless I know one year from now you will be saying this was the best thing that could have ever happened in your life!

wow what a surprise! Of course it will take you time to process and then the excitement will kick in..just had this happen to my daughter and a coworker, both after

14 years since babies. You have started such good habits and if you nurse you may end up much smaller than you started. Also I know all my classes, approval etc is good for 1 year according to my insurance so you may not have to start from scratch if you do continue on the surgery path.

Regardless I know one year from now you will be saying this was the best thing that could have ever happened in your life!

Thank you, I appreciate your words. I am still in the processing stage, although I feel the pregnancy pains already. I will get there, just need time to process everything.