Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

More Protein, Less Carbs

Just wondering' date=' what did you eat/drink that had so many carbs for the limited protien?[/quote']

Wait, who are you referring to?

I'm wondering the same thing, what were you drinking to get so many carbs so early in the day? If I missed that info I apologize. On full liquids, it really helps to have a Protein shake you can tolerate. I really like the met-rx Meal Replacement shakes. The first one never tastes good, but after a couple they start getting better. I guess you acquire the taste.

My doctor told me during the full liquids phase, these things weren't super critical. Getting in my Water and walking were the most important things. He told me to try to get in my Protein and don't worry too much about the carbs. Once you start eating, you will have so many more protein choices.

Wait' date=' who are you referring to?[/quote']

Um, you :D Unless I read the app wrong, it showed that you had consumed 22g of carbs & 24 g of Protein.

Really quick, is this ok?

post-62200-13813670211297_thumb.png

post-62200-13813670211678_thumb.png

I know were not supposed to have ice cream but the nutritional label is so convincing! Plus ... MMmMM.. I remember these r delicious! And oOoO guys look at the net carb, sugar, and Protein content! Is it just me? Or is my mouth waterig?!? Hahhah i was thinking about melting it a little and pouring flavorless Protein powder into this baby!

post-29281-13813659568218_thumb.jpg

post-29281-13813659568804_thumb.jpg

Not a very good choice at this point in your journey. Right now you need to maximize your nutrition with every bite. If you want to mix something, try mixing some Protein powder with some sugar free Jello mix or pudding mix?

But yes, they are good. My wife buys those and I tried one.

Well, it's not the worst I've seen.

But you are giving up 16 carbs and only beget ting 4 protien.

At this stage you really should be getting at least 2.5g protien per carb

I'd really like to see the info on what you are looking at mixing with it.

Well' date=' it's not the worst I've seen.

But you are giving up 16 carbs and only beget ting 4 protien.

At this stage you really should be getting at least 2.5g protien per carb

I'd really like to see the info on what you are looking at mixing with it.[/quote']

You would count that as 16 carbs? Not calculating the Fiber in there to focus on net carbs? Ooo but thTs a good one to focus on

2.5 Protein for every carb. Thanks!

Not a very good choice at this point in your journey. Right now you need to maximize your nutrition with every bite. If you want to mix something' date=' try mixing some Protein powder with some sugar free Jello mix or pudding mix?

But yes, they are good. My wife buys those and I tried one.[/quote']

I was at safeway today n looking at sugar free Jello. Even the low cal sugar free jello pudding (chocolate) has super carbs. I saw a mix online called Better Bowls that has a low cal, low carb, high-ish Protein choc pudding. Ill buy it n let ya knw:)