Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried About Stretching: Is It Easy Or Hard To Do?

So i'm eating well, Protein etc... but i'm not sure if its because i'm eating too fast or what but i eat about 3-4 oz a meal and then all of a sudden i'm SOOOOO full uncomfortably full.... and i notice i can eat a little more than i could like 2 weeks ago (2-3 oz) I still feel kinda hungry at 2 oz.. (where as before I didnt) but then all of a sudden one bite will push me over.

I went out to eat yesterday with a friend. I ordered sliders burgers and just ate the burger. They were like maybe 1 1/2" accross (small) I ate not quite two patties... i was fine, fine.. and then all of a sudden bam.. WAY too full that i threw up (first time ever.. not even after surgery)

Now i'm panicking that because almost every meal i get this full i'm stretching out my stomach.

How far post op are you? I worry about the same thing when I start eating. I'm 12 days but already worried.

Im 7 weeks out and can eat 4-6 oz and doc says thats normal. I am a fast eater so i learned if i eat past the 6 oz im screwed lol so i try to measure my food to around 6 ounces and wont eat s bite over

in week 5.... i just usually am uncomfy full after every meal and i want to make sure i'm not eating too much... dang.

Joy definely undereat your sleeve. Measure out 2-3 oz of food and don't go over that per meal. I think 4-6 oz at a meal seems to much for how far out you are.

A few meals here and there won't stretch your sleeve. I also had to learn to measure my food because just one bite over made me sick. Really learn what that feeling is before you over eat. The feeling is there we just were not use to it.

Week 5 i was eating same amount i eat now...if i were eating dense Protein only 2-3 ounces if that but i can easily eat 5 oz of cottage cheese or tuna.< /p>

To stretch your sleeve you would have to regularly eat to the point of pain. Even doing that it would STILL be tough to stretch this very un-stretchy part of the stomach, because you're more likely to simply toss up those extra bites than keep them uncomfortably sitting in your smaller tummy long enough to do lasting damage.

That said, it's important to learn your new full signals and stop before you get to that point. We all take a little time to do this and it's normal to overdo it a few times before learning exactly when to stop. Certain foods swell in the stomach and cause issues. I have a real problem with Pasta and tortillas. Some people have an issue with scrambled eggs or bread.< /p>

My full signals are a runny nose, the hiccups or a feeling of tightness in my chest. If I go beyond that, I'll toss it back up or suffer discomfort.

~Cheri

Ok. I'm going to measure more closely. :).

most likely you are eating to fast. also could be the beef, I am not able to tolerate it. But when I eat fast is when i feel worse. also I eat less when i take my time.

Ground beef is the first thing that made me hurl too.

From studies that I have read, 5 years out our stomachs might go from a 4oz. capacity to 8 oz. Big deal huh? This isn't a pouch and not all that stretchy.

My full signal is slight hiccups. Eating too much, too fast will cause pain and nausea so I don't go there. Doughy, yeasty bread will swell and cause pain for me.

I would suggest slowing down when you eats. I am 2 weeks post op and am on soft foods. But If i forget that I had surgery and eat too fast.. its not pretty. and everyone always tells you even if you had not had surgery eat slow because it takes time for you stomach to feel the effect of being full. so by the time ur stomach feels full you have put more than its capacity into it. I feel your pain too. I am not really eating very much food right now. I think I am eating too fast. I think its the hardest part changing how you eat the food you eat and chew because u have done it for so long.

I bought some toddler bowls and spoons. I measure out everything. 1/3 cup is about my limit right now bur putting it in that small bowl helps. Eating is really a chore for me right now.

I am 12 weeks out and measure everything. I can eat about 1-1.5 ounces of meat for a meal, and possibly a few bites of veg. If I eat too much, just one bite past full - it all comes up. I am very careful! I think measuring is the way to go, but I am sure you will find what works over time. Good luck!

I am 5 weeks out. Been doing pretty good with different foods. Still not doing any breads. talked with my dr fri and was told just listen to my body. Told me the sleve is well passed healed and not to worrie about leaking. So Don't realy try measuring anything just when im full that's it. And I eat on the left overs all the nex day.lol. Went and had some " chard broiled oysters" sleave loved it and so did I.