Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Make Sure You Have Some Dresses For Post Op.

The best bit of advice I can give is to go and get some cheap, loose, comfortable dresses. Fortunately I have a Lane Bryant outlet nearby and picked up 2 on clearance. The only things I can wear. Anything on waist hurts.

Second bit of advice- get an Ahh Bra.

Third- make sure you talk openly with your partner about their fears. They may be afraid you will leave when you get skinny.

Had surgery on Aug 6th. Doing well. Keep your eye on the prize. Crazy how fast the weight comes off.

The Ahh Bra is an infomercial. I bought mine at Rite Aid drug store. Any place with an "As seen on tv" section will have it. They are $19.99.

Great point-- it's all I've worn in the house, even now. I have cotton (zip front) beach coverups and loungewear dresses.

When I wear yoga or sweatpants I still get a little rubbing at my "holes."

Congrats on your surgery and thanks for the advice.

7 weeks post op and I've only been buying dresses (except for a smaller bra and pack of panties). We were warned at our pre op class to be prepared for nothing to fit for long; they said you could get something on Monday and it would be too big on Wednesday.

I figured dresses would be more forgiving. They might end up fitting really loose, but they probably won't fall off!

I too am 7 weeks out and dresses have been essential. Picked up a couple on the clearance rack. My pants fit my rear and legs just fine but when it come to zipping and buttoning not so comfortable. I always test my pants out sitting in a chair, if they are snug sitting down they will not be comfortable.

I'm seven weeks post op and I have been living in a variety of maxi dresses! I bought several on clearance at "Ross" before surgery. I wear scrubs to work and have already gone down one size. I happily pull those draw strings tighter each week. I did have to buy a pack of panties and wearing the "as seen on tv" bras that someone mentioned above, or sports bra. I figured between the maxi dresses and scrubs, I could go for a while before having to buy new clothes. Trying to extend the budget as long as I can. Although, I can hardly wait to go shopping and really like it in the months to come!

I have a couple of work dresses but want to get at least one more casual dress for the flight home. I also picked up a couple of sports bras that hook in front. When I had a breast reduction it made them easier to put on and off. I have heard underwire bras may rub the incisions.