Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have two staples just where my bra would sit. My lack of bra keeps me home. Trying the "ahh bra" today. Any other ideas?

Don't worry about what others think, and go out braless!! I wasn't able to wear a bra for the better part of a month post-op...the only time I wore one (and dealt with the discomfort) was Friday evenings when I went to services at our synagogue. It'll get better soon!! :)

I like the Genie bras at Walmart that someone here suggested. They are very comfortable and much more supportive than a sports bra. Even on my incision sites they sit well. Before I found them, I used the sports bras unless I was working because they didn't rub that top incision.

It does get better. Soon you won't even be able to find that incision unless you've had major problems with it. :)

Ok I need help here women, I am very large breasted and am wondering what to put on when leaving the hospital - note I am driving 200 miles to return home. The whole bra thing is beginning to cause anxiety.

I went without a bra as much as possible. I just wore a undershirt under my clothes, but then for work I had to wear something. Sports bras worked the best. On a good note, that spot healed the quickest.

Ok I need help here women, I am very large breasted and am wondering what to put on when leaving the hospital - note I am driving 200 miles to return home. The whole bra thing is beginning to cause anxiety.

Hi, I'm also very large breasted. It would be great to daydream just "not wearing a bra" when outside of the house, but I understand that when you're large -- that is just NOT an option. Mine, swing, sway and hang low like a pendulum. I'm embarrassed in front of technicians just getting MRIs and xrays.

I found a non-underwire bra from Aviana and wore it home with some padding made from folded gauze pads pinned between the band and the incision. Granted, I couldn't walk or go far comfortably for it rubbing or moving, but just sitting in a car was OK. I mention Aviana because they fit larger breasted women well, unlike a lot of those Genie and Ahh bras that assume if you're large in the boob, you must be tall and have a larger band measurement. (I'm short and not that large around back so the straps were always too long and the band was gapingly huge).

Then sometimes, once I got in the car, I'd unhook the back (take off pressure) and just let them "rest" in the bra -- asking my husband to hook them back when I had to get out of the car.

I have the pendulum problem too! Lol. That's why I started the thread. So saggy. This surgery was my 40th bday gift to myself. Think a boob lift will be my 41st!

I am a 42DD. The XL AhhBra worked well. Not as tight as a sports bra (which are hard to get in my size) and easier to get on. Not the most supportive but did the trick. I would suggest. I did put a big bandaid on over the top opening tho just to stop rubbing.

For outfits to wear home I strongly encourage a dress. I have found that to be the best option daily. Anything on waist hurts.

I wore the Lane Bryant no wire cotton bras after mine. Comfy and didn't rub.