Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Start My Pre Op Two Weeks Aug 15Th

I'm allowed 100g of Protein in the form of powder protien mixed with fat free milk or Water (four or five shakes) per day and all I'm allowed besides that is clear liquid. Water..broth..crystal light..popsicles ( sugar free) and sugar free Jello. I'm so scared! Lol seems like a lot of nothing for two weeks. I'm oh so ready for surgery august 29th though!!

Good luck!!! The first four days were the hardest after that time flies and before u know it ull be on the OR table!! :)

Also, I lost 16lbs on the 2week liquid diet so that was great motivation to get started on this post-op journey. :)

I am just starting my two week diet.. surgery on 27th. I'm only required low fat one week, then full liquid one week. I went to Walmart today to buy supplies for the next three weeks. Then came home and threw everything in the fridge away. Tomorrow I will finish by doing the pantry. I cooked my "last meal" of fried deer meat and a sprite strawberry cake. Right now I'm actually ready to start my diet.. just cause I'm ready to get this started. It helps that my husband wants to do the diet with me. Kinda nervous about the all liquid week but too scared to even think about cheating! Glad I have the forums to help when it gets tough. Hang in there, we're gonna do great!

I know this two week diet will be the hardest thing for me. I am a bread and Pasta lover and I realize I will have to file for a divorce from those foods. From what I hear on the forum, they are pretty hard to handle post op as well. Having to cook for my husband and kids will be a test of my will power, but because I know how important this is to my health, I refuse to submit when the day comes. But, without a doubt, I know this will be the hardest thing for me. Good luck on your pre op diet and upcoming surgery.

Me too! Exactly the same schedule. :)

I am trying to drink chicken broth when I want something salty, but stuff we've had in the freezer for ages is starting to look good. UGH.

My surgery is on the 29th. I am on week 2 of phase 1 : high Protein. Low fat and low carbs. Wk 3 phase 2 start date Aug.22 is all liquids....please keep me posted of your journey to freedomm of obesity. My start wgt 7/2 is 239 and this morning I wad 219.

Alliecat we have the same surgery date! How exciting we are surgery buddies! Would love to keep in touch!

I am so excited! I'm on my way to getting the vertical sleeve! I can't wait,and I understand I'll have to give up some things for good. I just want to be a 'normal' size for once in my life. Yes, I've tried them all. As they say, nobody's an expert on weight loss like a fat person. *sigh*

I'm so glad this forum is here! I hope it will be a great journey. So nice to meet you, Smtaarrie.

You too Xena! Its a wonderful journey to be on. I understand everything you've said. It will be fantastic to be a "normal" size. Good luck to you!!

@Smtaarie I am excited at times and scared of the unknown Pain, tolerance, and failure.. I have only told a couple of my family members and 2 of my co-workers. Another One thinks I am having surgery because of my H Pylori,she know it can cause ulcers I didn't disagree... lol....:).

@Smtaarie I am excited at times and scared of the unknown Pain' date=' tolerance, and failure.. I have only told a couple of my family members and 2 of my co-workers. Another One thinks I am having surgery because of my H Pylori,she know it can cause ulcers I didn't disagree... lol....:).[/quote']

Only my husband and parents know about my surgery. I'm too worried about everyone's expectations if they found out I was having WLS. I'm worried I might not lose as fast as they think i should. So far I've just told the people i work with that it's a private surgery. They can fill in the blank however they like.

I am not really worried about the pain. But I am scared of the actual surgery. I am a nurse and have worked in surgery but I'm such a chicken! I'm going through the "what if i don't wake up" phase. EGD tomorrow... time to "put on my big girl panties"

I am private pay so this has moved along pretty fast. I had my gallbladder out 1984 so I didn't have to have any test for that. Saved me a few bucks. Lol.. I am on heavy doses of antibiotics to treat h pylori and I always have a bad taste in my mouth. I have about 5 more days left of treatment.

You will be okay. Let us continue this journey with a positii attitude and screw everyone that things we r going to fail, r taking the easy way out, haven't lost enough or whatever negative that they throw our way..

I agree! This is going to be the best journey for us all and I wish all of you the best of luck! I've been very open about my surgery with everyone and really don't care what they say. I'm an open person anyway this isn't be admitting failure it me asking for help and I've came a long way and will continue to work for where I need to be. That's my attitude about it :-) you can keep up with me via message, Facebook, or even test/phone if you want to be "vsg buddies" :-) have a great day! Almost time for work here

Hi i was told that I have sleep apnea and I have to see pulmonologist. I have an appt on the 22nd. I hope I can convince him to approve the surgery. Hopefully he will and he can test after I lost some weight. I need some prayers. I am letting my mind play all sorts of mind games..