Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Sleeved In Mexico

I am at Oasis Hospital day two after surgery with Dr Kelly. I won't lie the first 12 hours after surgery where really rough for me, but feeling 90% better now.Husband is having a blast with Omar,Dr Kelly's coordinator. Tomorrow drain out and leak test then finally get to my hotel and pool time. I did a 7 day liquid diet before arriving. Since surgery ( 2 more days) nothing but ice chips and IV fluids, I am super stoked for broth. My cost, 5500 to Dr Kelly, 800 airfare for my husband and myself and whatever I spend shopping once I get discharged ;)

I am at Oasis Hospital day two after surgery with Dr Kelly. I won't lie the first 12 hours after surgery where really rough for me' date=' but feeling 90% better now.Husband is having a blast with Omar,Dr Kelly's coordinator. Tomorrow drain out and leak test then finally get to my hotel and pool time. I did a 7 day liquid diet before arriving. Since surgery ( 2 more days) nothing but ice chips and IV fluids, I am super stoked for broth. My cost, 5500 to Dr Kelly, 800 airfare for my husband and myself and whatever I spend shopping once I get discharged ;)

[/quote']

My sister and I were both sleeved by Dr Kelly. The Lucerna has two kinds of broth and both were delicious! You will be surprised how little of it you can eat! We brought ours back to our room and heated it up later in a coffee mug on the mini coffee maker:). Do you know why you had a drain? Neither of us did and I was so glad!

He said it was preventative, not standard for him.I have had 5 c- sections and an abdominal surgery when I was a teenager so I have had extensive previous abdominal surgery. I found my favorite broth is kiddy corner across the street from the hotel at a terracota colored restraunt that's name is eluding me right now. Heading out again now, last night for me in Mexico.

He said it was preventative' date=' not standard for him.I have had 5 c- sections and an abdominal surgery when I was a teenager so I have had extensive previous abdominal surgery. I found my favorite broth is kiddy corner across the street from the hotel at a terracota colored restraunt that's name is eluding me right now. Heading out again now, last night for me in Mexico.[/quote']

I'm glad you are doing so well. I am beyond thrilled. Had a great experience, felt great from day 1 and am only 20 lbs from goal.

He said it was preventative, not standard for him.I have had 5 c- sections and an abdominal surgery when I was a teenager so I have had extensive previous abdominal surgery. I found my favorite broth is kiddy corner across the street from the hotel at a terracota colored restraunt that's name is eluding me right now. Heading out again now, last night for me in Mexico.

I had surgery with Dr. Kelly on July 11th and was thrilled with the whole experience. One of the most memorable parts of my trip was the broth at that restaurant. It was amazing! I've seen references on VST calling it "Magical Mexican Broth"... LOL! They will deliver it to the hotel too!

I had surgery with Dr. Kelly on July 11th and was thrilled with the whole experience. One of the most memorable parts of my trip was the broth at that restaurant. It was amazing! I've seen references on VST calling it "Magical Mexican Broth"... LOL! They will deliver it to the hotel too!

I agree! That broth WAS magical! I wish I had the recipe!

Right? I wish I had asked for an extra ramikin of the "seasoning packet" so I could have evaluated it better at home. I would love some right now.

For Dr Garcia patients, I heard the broth at Marriott is awful...any suggestions for a good place to get broth close to the hotel ?

For Dr Garcia patients, I heard the broth at Marriott is awful...any suggestions for a good place to get broth close to the hotel ?

I liked the broth at the Marriott also. Really enjoyed my stay there:)

Oh good!! I figured broth is broth, but a few peeps said it sucked so I wanted another option....thanks!!!

I don't know why people have recently been saying the broth at the Marriott is awful. When I was there in early July, the broth was wonderful and way better than any broth from a can.

SkyJACK1 ... 1) Was it a full hospital instead of a clinic? 2) did you recover in a hospital or hotel/recovery house 3) Did they have a ICU & Bloodbank on site? I have been looking for so long... i really trying to narrow down now. thanks 4 your help

My wife and I are scheduled for Sept 19th with Dr. Lopez and Osuna in PV. Sounds like they are top notch, and the hospital is a full service hospital, supposedly a very nice one.

Everything is top notch in PV. Relax it is an awesome place for surgery. I had surgery 8/15/12 with Lopez and Osuna great experience.

Everything is top notch in PV. Relax it is an awesome place for surgery. I had surgery 8/15/12 with Lopez and Osuna great experience.

Sounds good. We arent super high bmi ers, but we both are looking forward to living a healthier lifestyle. Wish we could go next week, but I guess 3 weeks isnt that far off.