Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GASSSS please help!

OMG I can no longer stand myself. Someone please help!! The gas belches and the other end are kiling me.

I have tried everything, Mylanta, Gas X ect....what works for ya all??

I can no longer take it and I think my family is at the wit's end as well.....

What are you eating? Are you getting a variety of foods? Another possibility, you may have a bug of some kind. If you're having that much of a problem, it might be time to call your doctor.

Too funny, my DH can blow out a wall, but if I let out a little toot, OMG, he thinks it's disgusting.

My mom was eating lots of broccoli, bad choice. What are you eating?

If it is any consolation, for about the first six weeks after I was banded, I was a tooting freak. I never had so much gas in my life and it was embarrassing. Fortunately, after those first six weeks, the problem just kind of disappeared. I don't know what caused it and I don't know what I did to make it go away. I do know that I am glad it is gone. So, maybe yours will just go away too.

I have always had that problem because all my favorite veggies are the ones that are gassy. When I do kind of walk and toot, I just say "Those damn ducks follow me every where I go!"

:omg: Ok, I've been banded since 2004 and although right after surgery it is normal to have some gas - prolonged farting tells me that there is something else going on...

Keep in mind that lots of Protein will cause more gas than a normal person might have...and that your pouch doesn't really hold much and it takes food longer to digest - so there is nothing in your lower stomach....that is where the gas is coming from most times.

Also, you might be swallowing more air when you eat - you are chewing more, right? Perhaps you are taking in more air than you did before...

Most gas issues will pass (no pun intended!) on its own..

Hope this helps!

:kiss2:

All things shall pass.:faint::(

Sorry for the humor, but it will get better. I went through it too.

Luckily, my f--ts don't stink.:faint:

As your diet becomes more normal and when your body gets over the trauma of the surgery, the gas will subside.

I talked to the Dr and dietician today at my visit. Her take on it is that I am gulping too much air when I eat or drink.

Dr said it is just a side effect for some. I am going to try beano 24/7....lol

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS! You are all the best....

:clap2:

I've had the WORST case of the farts I've ever had besides my first trimester with my son 21 years ago! Constant, annoying and embarrassing if caught unaware. I also have it when I've had nothing but Water. I teach at risk teens so you can imagine the scene if I let something "slip". So far I've been lucky in class, but my hubby and dogs are another story all together...

Soooo glad someone started this thread. I call this band a gas factory!! Never in my life have I been so damn gasey all the time, I can freakin fart on command. Morning, noon, night it doesnt matter. After I eat anything its like doomsville. I'm in the bathroom a million times a day. I just tell my co-workers its all the Water I drink and I have to pee! lol But alas it is not. I've tried Beano, Gas X, and tried laying off salad for a bit. Nothing helps. There are times I feel like I could fly around the world with one huge PFFFFFFFT!!! hahahaha Gross but you get my point. If anything helps anyone, please share. hehehe

I found one thing that helps a lot - I was banded in August, but have still had a huge gas problem, no matter what I eat. It's called "Digestive Advantage", and the box says its for "daily dietary management of gas prevention." It's made by Ganeden, and they sell it at Walgreens. It's not a drug. The ingredients are inulin, cellulase, hemicellulase, invertase, Ganeden Lactrobacillis cultures, stearic acid, carrageenan, citric acid, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and sucralose. I take two every morning, and it's the only thing that stops my terrible gas. Not cheap, but worth it!!!!

Hi...I am a naturopath and I am sure that gas is probably due to similar food than when unbanded, but perhaps a bit more abundant ;)

Beano helps and now they sell it in little strips that dissolve in your mouth...take it right before a meal...not after. here are foods to avoid if you have too much gas, you might be sensitive or intolerant to it....dairy(milk, cheese) you hopefully can eat yougurt which will help but make sure it is good yogurt with no sugar in it. Yogurt made with goast or sheep milk is worth the price and you get used to the slightly different taste. Add stevia and a little fruit or squeeze a lemon and stevia and stir and it is lke eating a lemon moouse! Avoid artificial sweetners since they give you gas and are not good for you anyway. Use stevia instead. Avoid chewing gum. You might want to see if you have a problem with wheat and gluten...the majority of people do and don't know it. Some people are sensitive to soy. Beans, broccolli,and cauliflower need to be cooked very well especially with the band. Well this is it for now...I hope it helps!

I have the same problem with gas!! I find that if I eat too fast, i get very bad gas pains. Gas-X works for me sometimes.