Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8Months Post Op Hairloss

im now 8 months post op. i lost about 6/8 of my hair. its very thin & depressing! but its starting to grow back! i posted a picture in my gallery! check out my before & after!

Looking great chica! glad to hear the hair is coming back. How you feeling?

Glad your hair is growing back!! I was actually thinking about this today. I know my surgeon warned that this could happen but said it would be around the 6-9 month mark for most people. Today I am 3 months out of surgery and my hair is coming out in gobs when I comb and in the shower! It seems too soon so now I'm wondering if this could be happening because I'm not getting enough Protein? ? Any insight is appreciated.

Looking great chica! glad to hear the hair is coming back. How you feeling?

i feel good! still hanging in there :)

mine came out in huge chunks! it was shocking!!!

im not sure whats helping me but its a combo

of hair grease called hair gro, biosil, Biotin & protein! hair still falls out but atleast its growing back in. eventually, i will have to cut my hair short because my hair is down to my butt and ive lost so much that im sure its really uneven.

Glad your hair is growing back!! I was actually thinking about this today. I know my surgeon warned that this could happen but said it would be around the 6-9 month mark for most people. Today I am 3 months out of surgery and my hair is coming out in gobs when I comb and in the shower! It seems too soon so now I'm wondering if this could be happening because I'm not getting enough Protein?? Any insight is appreciated.

mine came out in huge chunks! it was shocking!!!

im not sure whats helping me but its a combo

of hair grease called hair gro, biosil, Biotin & protein! hair still falls out but atleast its growing back in. eventually, i will have to cut my hair short because my hair is down to my butt and ive lost so much that im sure its really uneven.

Thanks for the reply!! Yeah, I have been losing a LOT for the past 3 weeks. I am thinking of going with a really short cut so at least I won't notice as much!! I used to do Biotin but can't take the same stuff I used too because the pill is bigger than I'm allowed to swallow. I am pretty sure I'm not getting enough Protein so that's one thing I can do to help...also, I am just now getting going on bariatric Multivitamin and Iron supplement. Guess I'll give it a few weeks and see if it helps. I expected Hair loss but not this much this soon!!

get biosil. its Biotin in liquid form

Thanks for the reply!! Yeah, I have been losing a LOT for the past 3 weeks. I am thinking of going with a really short cut so at least I won't notice as much!! I used to do Biotin but can't take the same stuff I used too because the pill is bigger than I'm allowed to swallow. I am pretty sure I'm not getting enough Protein so that's one thing I can do to help...also, I am just now getting going on bariatric Multivitamin and Iron supplement. Guess I'll give it a few weeks and see if it helps. I expected hair loss but not this much this soon!!

im now 8 months post op. i lost about 6/8 of my hair. its very thin & depressing! but its starting to grow back! i posted a picture in my gallery! check out my before & after!

OMG this is my GREATEST fear!!!!! How long were you losing your hair for? OMG! I can't even imagine OMG! How do you stop the Hair loss? Sheesh!!!! I'm 3 weeks out. I'm so nervous. Please help! I am going to start taking that biosil stuff NOW! Where do I get it from?

Also, what does Protein have to do with hair loss/growth? I am definitely not getting in 60g of Protein per day so I guess I should definitely be worried.

you can get the biosil from Vitamin shoppe. im not sure if GNC has it.

i started losing hair around month 4 & i still am but not in huge chunks like before. i lost the majority of my hair & if you knew me before, you could tell ive lost it. i think Protein plays a big part. you dont have to worry just yet!

OMG this is my GREATEST fear!!!!! How long were you losing your hair for? OMG! I can't even imagine OMG! How do you stop the Hair loss? Sheesh!!!! I'm 3 weeks out. I'm so nervous. Please help! I am going to start taking that biosil stuff NOW! Where do I get it from?

Also, what does Protein have to do with hair loss/growth? I am definitely not getting in 60g of protein per day so I guess I should definitely be worried.