Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Can Poop Weigh?

We shouldn't do it, but I have weighed pre and post BM before as well.

I have weighed myself before and after on several occasions, imagine the look on my face when I weighed a pound more. If I let it the scale would seem to be the judge, the jury and the executioner to my self-esteem. :wacko:

I chucked my former scale for playing this game on me. Now my present scale which got high review marks is likewise behaving irrationally.

Maybe the scales are controlled by a central CPU like the bots in iRobot. If you run afoul of the political leanings of the Weight Czar your scale will punish you. :blink:^_^

I weigh totally nekkid, no jewelry and post bathroom visit. Pathetic.

Rootman, you take "full of sh@#" to a whole new level.

Not pathetic. I'm weighing on Sundays, naked, before eating, AFTER I've lost my initial "wake up" weight. I always weigh about 2# lighter once I've been up for an hour or so, than when I first wake up.

I take poops when I can get them, so unfortunately I really have no say in whether I weigh before or after I poop.

I weigh totally nekkid, no jewelry and post bathroom visit. Pathetic.

Rootman, you take "full of sh@#" to a whole new level.

Dry weight. Perfect. I love this forum. I post a bizarre thought and instead of people thinking I am nuts you relate.

No, we still think you are nuts!! :)

So all you ppl who weigh pre & post poop... are you just curious about how much your poop weighed? Do you want to see if your scale is accurate enough to detect the difference? What's your motivating factor?

So all you ppl who weigh pre & post poop... are you just curious about how much your poop weighed? Do you want to see if your scale is accurate enough to detect the difference? What's your motivating factor?

A better result?

But you're always going to have some amount of poop in you... ;)

Lmao a "blowout" that's a great way of putting it! And I agree, drink coffee!!!!

Does coffee help you have a bm? I'm only going about once a week. Tried correctol and it was horrible cramps, tried exlax, no help and then myralax...nothing. Help :wacko:

Now - that's desperate! :)

Poop is not created equal. "Healthy" poop will float. High Fiber poop will be the heaviest, because it can hold the most Water.

Not entirely true--we were taught in nursing school (by a gastroenterologist) that "floaters" are a result of stetorrhea which is the malabsorption of fats. You want sinkers!

http://www.localhealth.com/article/steatorrhea

Here is a definitive breakdown of poop.

www.pixlmonster.com/uglyowl/poop/

I remember the old days when the pants were so tight....

I would just pray a real big poop would buy me an extra inch....

As Ron White put it, "I hope I am just one big crap away from backing into my old woredrobe"

Being the weirdo that I am I looked it up. It is around 1/3 of a pound. It seems to vary greatly from person to person and is highly variable based on diet, time between "poopins'" etc. Some said 1-2 pounds, but that seems highly unlikely. 2 pounds of fecal mass (or mess) which is not particularly dense would be quite a pile.

And I saw some other crazy stuff (green, really?) So you can bet that there will be an update on my blog of funny things - check it out.

One of the funniest entries was from a lady who noted that only a man's poop weighs like that - because we all know that "girls don't fart or poop!" I am pretty sure that she exploded shortly thereafter.

Ahhhh coffee.. delicious going down, and makes for some good poopin'! LMAO

I do weight before and after... LOL I weight every morning and if I poop, I'll weigh again, curiosity mainly, but if I'm in a plateau, It's sometimes the happy dance time. I tend to be alittle bound up, so if I'm not losing at all, sometimes the poop will come and I'll find that I actually had lost!

All I know is when I weigh, that's it. When my wife weighs she starts substracting for any BMs she hasn't taken, anything she's had to eat or drink, excess perfume or make up she's wearing, if she's overdue for a hair cut or manicure, plus 2 screws she had put in her foot from a skiing accident 20 years ago.

And I saw some other crazy stuff (green, really?)

I had to laugh when I read about the green poop. I love popsicles and for a month now have been wondering why most of my poops were green. Then I ran out of popsicles and after a couple of days, I had normal colored poop again!