Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Week Stall

I have been stalled on the scale for about 2 weeks....I started excersing again and I am getting over 60g of Protein a day....How to break this stall....

Hi! I had the same issue and what I did to break the stall was eat about 100 g Protein, drink twice as much Water (I was constantly drinking between meals....after waiting an hour of course) and walked my dogs more so I got more exercise! I also started lifting some small weights. 2 days of that and I lost 3 pounds! Give it a try!

I was stalled for 11 Days. But in the last 3 days i lost 8 pounds. I just changed my routine. Instead of only weight training and pushups i started walking 5 miles a day and a hundred pushups. I try to not weigh my self everyday but it is hard not to.

I am 21 days post op today and I am stalled for one week....I have been eaing very little and drinking my 70-80grams of protien daily. I also walk for one hour on a treadmill daily. What gives? After reading some of your posts, I feel a bit better but being stalled after only losing 18lbs is a little disheartening.

I was stalled for 6 weeks

I drank a gallon of Water a day, raised my calories to 1000, carbs to 95

And completely redid my exercise routine.

I lost 3 pounds this week.

I think my body was in starvation mode, I spent too long at 700 calories.

Good luck I know it sucks!

Encouraging words. Thanks! I cannot wait until Aug 18th so I can do more than just walk. I want to add a little weight training and more cardio. More Water could be the key too. I finally did go down another pound so all is ok. One more question.... will I ever get to eat popcorn again when I go to the movies? I hear that corn is not good but what about my beloved popcorn - no butter of course.

Expect a stall sweetie..2 weeks out I lost 20lbs the 1st week and i expected another 20lbs the next but I didn't I only lost 7lbs but I can't wait until Thursday to see what I lost in the 3rd week

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!