Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Dr. Kelly Offer Financing?

I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who has used Dr. Kelly and knows if he offers financing? Does he do some sort of inhouse financing if needed?

I might be wrong, but I don't think he finances. I know people who have gone through CareCredit.

I might be wrong, but I don't think he finances. I know people who have gone through CareCredit.

Thanks, have you heard of lending club?

I was originally planning on using Dr. Almanza, but since I may have to go alone I am considering switching to Dr. Kelly. I just don't want to have to postpone my surgery any longer if I can avoid it. I see Dr. Garcia has an advertisement for a special posted on this forum. Any info about him?

I've never heard of Lending Club.

I used Dr. Kelly, but Drs. Almanza and Garcia seem to have a lot of happy patients on the forum. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them. Can you not go alone for surgery with Dr. Almanza?

I've never heard of Lending Club.

I used Dr. Kelly, but Drs. Almanza and Garcia seem to have a lot of happy patients on the forum. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them. Can you not go alone for surgery with Dr. Almanza?

I could I guess. I was originally referred to Dr. Almanza by a friend, she went alone and said that everything was ok. I guess i'm not to thrilled about staying at the recovery house, I rather like my privacy,esp if I'm not feeling up to par. I would love for my husband to be there, but I hear going to the hotel pretty much leaves you on your own. I would at least like some sort of medical follow up for the first 24 hours.

One of the reasons I decided to go with Dr. Kelly was the Hotel Lucerna. I didn't want to recover in a group situation either, but I found that I enjoyed the company of the other girls who were sleeved the same day and their companions more than I ever believed I would. The Hotel Lucerna is very beautiful and comfortable. Omar and Dr. Kelly will come to the hotel to check on you.

My suggestion is to find someone else who is going at the same time. You might be able to find someone on the forum. For Dr. Kelly, I am sure if you called Omar, he could put you in contact with someone else who is coming alone and could use a buddy.

I am using Dr. Kelly on the 18th but used a piece of my 401K to fund so did no ask him about financing . Best way to find out would be to ask Omar in an E- mail . Worst they can say is no. Even at the low Mexico rate compared to USA rate I know cost and financing can be an issue for most as 5,000- 10,000 is still a lot of money . I hope you find a way to pass this little bump in the road.

Yeah, I really was trying to see if I could finance the other thousand in house. Really was trying to avoid digging in any other money if I could. But I guess if I must than I will because ultimately its for my health.

SweetTee,

I just returned from Tijuana late last night from surgery with Dr. Garica and had a great experience. Yes, right now he is offering a special of $4,700 which is what I paid for my sleeve and also works with 3 different financing companies (but I did not use them, so no experience there).

I was absolutely beyond pleased with my entire experience while in Tj from the hospital, nurses, Dr. Garcia, care, attentiveness and even the Marriott. Everyone is very partial to their own surgeon which is understandable and I am more than certain you would be in good hands with any of the major surgeons talked about on the boards but I can only speak from my personal experience.

My husband was with me and although it did add a level of safety for me and of course I had a little more company, I would not have felt "unsafe" at any time without him. A couple of the days he went out walking, going to some of the local shops, starbucks, etc. and for the time he was not there I was cared for just the same...never a moment of fear (besides the usual of having any surgery). I actually left there feeling kind of like part of a family to tell you the truth. I left with contacts (work and personal) and email of every doctor I met with and 2 onsite coordinators. I was told to call them at any time 24 hours a day even after I got home to the states.

One thing I really like that I dont think I have seen mentioned here (I may have missed it) is that I came home with a stack of papers that not only laid out post-op guidelines, medications to take and dos and donts, plus diet stages, etc. but also a copy of my blood test results with all of of my levels that I can take straight to my local PCP to put in my file along with a detailed description of everything they did from admission to discharge.

I did not see the Hotel Lucerna and I am sure it is very nice, but from my experience it could not have been better than the Marriott. The rooms are nice, clean and large...especially if by yourself. The bed is very comfy with pillows galore. The staff at the hotel work with OSI (Obesity Solutions International) and know all of the coordinators and drivers by name. You get your free broth, Water and popsicles (im sure at the other hotel also), and just a little taste of home (for me anyway) all of the shampoos/lotions, etc are bath and body works aromatherapy. To me, it was the little things that you see they try to do to make you comfortable away from home. We made great friends with another couple there (the wife was sleeved the same day as me) and we literally hung out every day, either in the hospital (talking in the hall and visiting each other) and then in the hotel, we went out to the pool together and just chatted while our husband swam....etc. It was an awesome experience for me and I dont think you can go wrong with Dr. Garcia, in my opinion.

If you would like any other details or any questions, dont hesitate to send me a message!

I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who has used Dr. Kelly and knows if he offers financing? Does he do some sort of inhouse financing if needed?

I got financing through E-Medical Loans. No interest for 12 months. it was very easy to get approved.

Just for the record.......whichever doctor you choose, and there are several good ones, the Marriott was VERY nice. Sleeved July 2 by Dr. Garcia and stayed at the Marriott post op and was very comfortable. The staff at the Marriott are familiar with why we are there and make every effort to be helpful and accommodating.

Lucerna makes the marriot look like a super 8

Wow.....thats a little judgmental there, I wasnt aware that we were in a competition. There is not a lot you could do to make the Marriott look like the super 8.

In all honesty, this is about your surgeon and surgery....comparing two wonderful hotels is not the issue. Really disappointed in the competition on this site sometimes.

Wow.....thats a little judgmental there' date=' I wasnt aware that we were in a competition. There is not a lot you could do to make the Marriott look like the super 8.

In all honesty, this is about your surgeon and surgery....comparing two wonderful hotels is not the issue. Really disappointed in the competition on this site sometimes.[/quote']

I agree. Sometimes I wonder why I keep looking at certain forums.

Dr.Rodriguez in Mexico is 5,000 half down then make payments on the rest. A lot of people have used him and I have a friend who used him a month a go and went by herself and she said it was fine. I'm going there in January.