Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2Nd Day Pre Op Cheater!

Hi. Not a good day on second all was going fine I get home another Migraine sets in so I decided I needed something in my stomach. Cheated!! I ate one hard boiled egg and 1/4 cup chicken salad with Dijon mustard and chased it with a Protien shake. Please don't hate me!

Best thing is...tomorrow's a new day...move on! :)

BTW is sounds like you chose a bunch of Protein which isn't altogether bad.

Yeah--I cheated too, but I made mine "smart" cheats like grilled chicken breast strips without skin and asparagus. I still lost weight and it was fine. I felt like a wuss because I cheated on day 1, but I realize now that it really gets easier as you go. Day 3 or 4 it should be noticeably easier for you. It is tough to get through the pre-op. If it was something you could do well you probably wouldn't need surgery. Hang in there. It is way way way easier to do a liquid diet after surgery--like there is no comparison.

I'm 2 wks out & had an overwhelming desire for sunflower seeds this morning.. Had about 1/2 tsp. not smart yes I know this. Within an hour I was hugging the porcelain throne. I'm losing a pound a day- I wish it was more. Btw Just Say No to sunflower seeds :-/. Good luck everyone!

Yeah--I cheated too, but I made mine "smart" cheats like grilled chicken breast strips without skin and asparagus. I still lost weight and it was fine. I felt like a wuss because I cheated on day 1, but I realize now that it really gets easier as you go. Day 3 or 4 it should be noticeably easier for you. It is tough to get through the pre-op. If it was something you could do well you probably wouldn't need surgery. Hang in there. It is way way way easier to do a liquid diet after surgery--like there is no comparison.

You have no idea how relieving it is to hear someone say this! I'm on day two (really, it's only been two days?!) of pre op too and I snuck bites of plain tuna and had pieces of grilled chicken (no skin) yesterday. I'm in a constant mental haze and fog, and the headaches are pretty unbearable. Just thinking about your comment and knowing that beyond hopefully days 3 and 4, it'll get better. Don't even get me started on the BMs...

Just remember that sticking to your pre-op diet can lead to fewer incisions and faster healing time. If you can remember that right before you eat something off the diet, it might help! Headaches are usually a sign of caffeine withdrawal , btw.

Just remember that sticking to your pre-op diet can lead to fewer incisions and faster healing time. If you can remember that right before you eat something off the diet, it might help! Headaches are usually a sign of caffeine withdrawal , btw.

Thanks for the tip! Every bit helps. :) I actually cut out ALL caffeine a few months ago, so I really think its' the carb withdrawal more than anything!

Thanks everyone! I don't drink soda and haven't in three years so these are true Migraines. I can have coffee and I only enduldge about once a week. I think I'm ok. I will snap back strong tomorrow and it could have been a worse cheat...I could have eaten an entire cheese pizza!! I still expect to see a drop in weight tomorrow as well! Good night and good luck.

You have no idea how relieving it is to hear someone say this! I'm on day two (really' date=' it's only been two days?!) of pre op too and I snuck bites of plain tuna and had pieces of grilled chicken (no skin) yesterday. I'm in a constant mental haze and fog, and the headaches are pretty unbearable. Just thinking about your comment and knowing that beyond hopefully days 3 and 4, it'll get better. Don't even get me started on the BMs...[/quote']

I also "cheated fair" as my husband called it. I had to have a solid Protein like grilled skinless chx breast, just a little or hit the floor. I still lost 18Lbs and had my surgery yesterday. I went for 9 days without cheating, but I did make sure not to eat anything but Clear liquids for three days post op. I felt guilty, but I had to be able to. Function too.

This pre-op diet is for our own good so that our liver can shrink. My doctor told me our liver sits on top of our stomach so if we don't do the pre-op then the doctor is too focused on lifting the liver in order to get to the stomach and now doesn't have all his attention on the stomach. He said the instruments they use are small and they can poke the liver if its too heavy to lift. Knowing this information, I started my pre-op diet 2 days before I was supposed to. Either way, you can always start fresh on your next meal. Good luck!

I also "cheated fair" as my husband called it. I had to have a solid Protein like grilled skinless chx breast, just a little or hit the floor. I still lost 18Lbs and had my surgery yesterday. I went for 9 days without cheating, but I did make sure not to eat anything but Clear liquids for three days post op. I felt guilty, but I had to be able to. Function too.

Thanks for sharing your positive support! I laughed out loud when I read "or hit the floor." I'm on my 3rd day and am thrilled that it's almost 2 pm and I dont' have headaches yet. The latter part of the day (especially night) is the worst, but I know that once I get through this first initial hump these 3-4 days that the side effects (carb withdrawal from my crappy "normal diet") can go away.