Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did hcg shots with supplements 8 years ago, lost 60 then when I stopped I gained back 70

And then 2 years ago I lost 30 with hcg homeopathic drops from www.yourhcg.com and when I stopped I gained back 40.

I had energy while doing both and felt great. Was never hungry ... Realized it created a false sense because once I stopped, it was on me again.

You can only do them for so long at a time.

But It is a matter of changing the eating habits for good!!

First of all HCG is nothing even remotely new. Ive been hearing about this miracle pregnancy hormone sporaticly for close to 20years. Let's be honest with ourselves here' date=' if it was really that good, it would be everywhere. Your doctor would be all but begging you to try it.[/quote']

My doctor did recommend it.. I lost 40 pounds I did great! But the truth is you don't learn good eating habits in only 30 days! It takes longer than that! My sister passed away and I reverted to comfort eating! I gained 20 pounds back.. But it took me awhile to gain it back!

I did HCG as well. It was hard as hell' date=' but i lost 20lbs and 3 dress sizes and felt fabulous. Like everyone, I gained it back x3 lol. Then I did that -20lbs loss about 3 more times, and was just gaining/losing/gaining lol. Terrible cycle.

If i HAD to lose a 10-20lbs quickly for surgery, I would honestly do HCG again. Its a quick solution. However, I would never do HCG again hoping that it would be a "permanent solution" to losing weight, because I have proven that I just cant keep it off after the very low calorie diet phase!

That goes for all the other fad-diets too, like Atkins. They are temporary solutions, as soon as you start back eating normally (not even in excess) you gain everything back.

I don't have an amount of weight to lose before surgery, but if i did, i would do HCG again real quick. But in this case I would asctually consult a doctor cuz im a scardy cat and not sure if the hormone will have any effects on the surgery.[/quote']

Too funny!

I did the HCG diet starting in December of last year; I lost 60 lbs in 2 months and have kept it off.

Me too! I got sleeved because I am not good with not eating sugar for long periods of a time! My stomach is the size of my thumb now so the only restriction I have now is how much I eat!

hCG is a scam. There's no peer-reviewed legit mainstream human scientific evidence to support its efficacy. It's a placebo at best' date=' and dangerous at worst. You will lose weight if you basically quit eating:

For comparison, hCG diets typically recommend calorie intake approximately half that of the inmates at Auschwitz, where inmates engaged in heavy labor received 1,700 calories per day and those on light work 1,300.[29]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin#The_.22HCG_diet.22

It worked for thousands of people! And it is not a scam!

My body hates (low calorie diets) LCDs so without HCG my weight would stall (kinda like it is now). I ordered some and it came last week 2 vials and may do a 21 day round to kickstart. I'm still deciding though. I also know it works wonders for reshaping. When I lost on it before I was heavier than I was in high school but one of my classmates told me I looked smaller than I did in high school. But yeah to each his own I would never discuss my rounds/results up here on these boards. All of the HCG experts will tell me that I will get cancer and lose all my muscle. *eye roll*

So are you doing HCG post opt? I was wanting to so I can get reshaped and loose this but!

I did hcg shots with supplements 8 years ago' date=' lost 60 then when I stopped I gained back 70

And then 2 years ago I lost 30 with hcg homeopathic drops from www.yourhcg.com and when I stopped I gained back 40.

I had energy while doing both and felt great. Was never hungry ... Realized it created a false sense because once I stopped, it was on me again.

You can only do them for so long at a time.

But It is a matter of changing the eating habits for good!![/quote']

That's true!

This was a awesome forum for me because I have heard both the pros and cons.. I am a researcher by nature so before I invest my mind, body, and soul and money into anything I do my research. I know people who have lost with HCG and five years later still have it off! I also know people who tried and failed! I am one who tried and failed not because of the program but because of my willingness to comply to the no sugar part! I know bad me right!

I am sleeved and I am going to take a 40day cycle to target my lower body! I look very funny right now! I was sleeved 08/28/13 and a total loss of 28.8lbs but its all the top half! Yes my girls deflated! But not one pound or inch was from the bottom half!

The plus is that I don't have any high sweets desire nor can I over eat! Bottom line don't trust no one information but your own! Especially if they never been through it! If you haven't walked through it than there is nothing you can tell me about it!

I did the HCG diet many years ago. At that time in my life I wasn't wanting to diet and exercise, wanted a quick fix/ easy way out and the shots didnt work. A few years later I tried it again...this time we t on the 500 cal diet, lost weight. As soon as I went off I regained the 20 lbs plus more weight.

Just last week I met a lady standing in the grocery store line. She asked me about the Protein mix I was buying and said... Oh I need some of that. I had my WLS a year ago and just can't seem to lose any weight. I looked at her grocery cart and saw the following items: soda, chips, Cookies, donuts, hot dogs etc. she says she's lost 100 lbs in a year since her sleeve surgery. Has 100 lbs to go, can't figure out why she's stalled (could it be the foods you're eating?) anyhoo... I asked her how she lost the required ten percent pre op. she said oh that's easy... I didnt feel like dieting so I went and got the HCG shots, lost 10 lbs in a week and the doc signed her off. So it might be a good thing to get the mandatory pre op weight off but most ppl that I've talked to including myself, regained it once resuming normal eating and going off shots. Good luck~ best wishes...

I did the HCG diet many years ago. At that time in my life I wasn't wanting to diet and exercise' date=' wanted a quick fix/ easy way out and the shots didnt work. A few years later I tried it again...this time we t on the 500 cal diet, lost weight. As soon as I went off I regained the 20 lbs plus more weight.

Just last week I met a lady standing in the grocery store line. She asked me about the Protein mix I was buying and said... Oh I need some of that. I had my WLS a year ago and just can't seem to lose any weight. I looked at her grocery cart and saw the following items: soda, chips, Cookies, donuts, hot dogs etc. she says she's lost 100 lbs in a year since her sleeve surgery. Has 100 lbs to go, can't figure out why she's stalled (could it be the foods you're eating?) anyhoo... I asked her how she lost the required ten percent pre op. she said oh that's easy... I didnt feel like dieting so I went and got the HCG shots, lost 10 lbs in a week and the doc signed her off. So it might be a good thing to get the mandatory pre op weight off but most ppl that I've talked to including myself, regained it once resuming normal eating and going off shots. Good luck~ best wishes...[/quote']

You had me over here cracking up! This is a life style change! I want the HCG to target the trouble areas! I eat my mush food about 2 ounces and can't eat anything else, nor drink!

Your post prove a valid point. No matter what form of weight loss control a person choose if they don't follow it they can easily regain! HCG, VSG, or over the counter pills! It all depends on the person so we can never take ones negative advice because we never know what they did or did not do to get the results they got! I failed at HCG because I would go straight to Taco Bell, McDonalds, yum yum donuts, all the things I couldn't eat I ate the day my shots were over. I didn't wait additional six weeks to eat sugar! Or four weeks to eat carbs!

Now I crave protein( meat not shakes).. I want fruit!

Besides I'm not taking HCG for weight loss, I am taking it for shaping and targeting bad fat! Wanting to save good fat!

Ohhh... You want to target specific areas.

One word for ya liposuction !

It's the new "diamond" ... Lipo is a girls best friend ;-)

Girl I saw the video on that! I liked to fainted! And the scary part is that I might have to do something for my arms! I hope not!

The only other surgery I want to have is a Brest lift, yea because my girls look liked someone stuck a pin in them and deflated them!