Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, let me get this right....... There is this "magic" hormone that makes you lose weight, but it only works if you adhere to a strict 500 calorie no carb/ no sugar diet?.......

What am I missing here? You are eating 500cal per day and no carbs or sugars. That's why you are losing weight. This is not quite true, and if you try to eat 500 cals a day without a suppliment like HCG you will be sick in a New York Minute -- sick, tired, starving -- i tried it. I'm betting ths HCG stuff makes it so if you exercise at the same time you lose even faster. This is also not true -- HCG actually suggests that you do NOT exercise, because you are not consuming enough calories, and you will feel fatigued very quickly. Also, exercise on this diet tends to slow your weightloss because your body starts holding on to the fat. I'm sorry, but on a similar diet I lost 37lbs in a month, but I didn't have any "magic" hormone pulsing through my veins. All I had was a smaller stomach & my caloric intake was more like 800/day.Its not magic lol

Hasn't everybody heard it enough? Every weight loss gimmick out there claims, "with our product & diet & exercise" you'll lose weight. Forget all the gimmicks you've got the tool to help you control your diet, you can do the exercise. Keep the extra money in your pocket, your gonna need it for new clothes.

I did HCG as well. It was hard as hell, but i lost 20lbs and 3 dress sizes and felt fabulous. Like everyone, I gained it back x3 lol. Then I did that -20lbs loss about 3 more times, and was just gaining/losing/gaining lol. Terrible cycle.

If i HAD to lose a 10-20lbs quickly for surgery, I would honestly do HCG again. Its a quick solution. However, I would never do HCG again hoping that it would be a "permanent solution" to losing weight, because I have proven that I just cant keep it off after the very low calorie diet phase!

That goes for all the other fad-diets too, like Atkins. They are temporary solutions, as soon as you start back eating normally (not even in excess) you gain everything back.

I don't have an amount of weight to lose before surgery, but if i did, i would do HCG again real quick. But in this case I would asctually consult a doctor cuz im a scardy cat and not sure if the hormone will have any effects on the surgery.

All I will say to this is for a treatment that was discovered some 60+ - years ago it sures seems to ride the wave of popularity like every other weight loss fad out there. I promise you it will fall out of favor again soon (just like it has numerous times) and it will come back about 5years later being touted as a great discovery.

Do you think you can have a 500 cal/day diet and not lose weight? Yes. There were many days on HCG that I did not lose an ounce -- because I didn't eat enough, or because I exercised, etc.

I did the HCG diet starting in December of last year; I lost 60 lbs in 2 months and have kept it off.

hCG is a scam. There's no peer-reviewed legit mainstream human scientific evidence to support its efficacy. It's a placebo at best, and dangerous at worst. You will lose weight if you basically quit eating:

For comparison, hCG diets typically recommend calorie intake approximately half that of the inmates at
, where inmates engaged in heavy labor received 1,700 calories per day and those on light work 1,300.

The reason I was successful on the hcg is because I had zero physical hunger. The diet taught me a lot about head hunger. Without having physical hunger, I was able to step back and analyze my emotional eating issues. I am hoping for a similar experience with the sleeve, but with the ability to keep the weight off.

My body hates (low calorie diets) LCDs so without HCG my weight would stall (kinda like it is now). I ordered some and it came last week 2 vials and may do a 21 day round to kickstart. I'm still deciding though. I also know it works wonders for reshaping. When I lost on it before I was heavier than I was in high school but one of my classmates told me I looked smaller than I did in high school. But yeah to each his own I would never discuss my rounds/results up here on these boards. All of the HCG experts will tell me that I will get cancer and lose all my muscle. *eye roll*

I did HCG as well. It was hard as hell' date=' but i lost 20lbs and 3 dress sizes and felt fabulous. Like everyone, I gained it back x3 lol. Then I did that -20lbs loss about 3 more times, and was just gaining/losing/gaining lol. Terrible cycle.

If i HAD to lose a 10-20lbs quickly for surgery, I would honestly do HCG again. Its a quick solution. However, I would never do HCG again hoping that it would be a "permanent solution" to losing weight, because I have proven that I just cant keep it off after the very low calorie diet phase!

That goes for all the other fad-diets too, like Atkins. They are temporary solutions, as soon as you start back eating normally (not even in excess) you gain everything back.

I don't have an amount of weight to lose before surgery, but if i did, i would do HCG again real quick. But in this case I would asctually consult a doctor cuz im a scardy cat and not sure if the hormone will have any effects on the surgery.[/quote']

I agree! This is what my doctor told me basically. All these things we try to lose weigh work but they are a temporary solution. He told me the only cure for obesity is surgery. And that's why after 20 plus years I finally considered surgery. I love my sleeve! It makes me feel like a normal human being that never had a weight problem. Meaning I eat a normal sized portion and feel full and have no desire for seconds!

I'm not looking to discuss the hcg diet. I'm just wondering if people who have done rounds of hcg and later decided to get the sleeve are still as successful with their sleeve. Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not looking to discuss the hcg diet. I'm just wondering if people who have done rounds of hcg and later decided to get the sleeve are still as successful with their sleeve. Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I know. Sorry I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the people that know nothing about hcg but yet comment on an hcg thread. Hope you didn't take offense. *hugs* I see myself successful with the sleeve. But I am and I guess always will be a slow loser. My 6 months is coming up on the 28th. I'm down 55 lbs. (10 of those was from my 2 weeks pre op diet) so my average is less than 10 lbs a month. Which I think is good but when everyone says the heavier you are the faster you lose. So not true. Also I'm tall so taller people don't lose fast either. I guess my point is our bodies are all different and we have to find what works for us individually. That's also what my doctor told me. Do what works for you. I feel like the sleeve will be the tool to help me maintain my weightloss so I will never be obese again :)

Yes I know. Sorry I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the people that know nothing about hcg but yet comment on an hcg thread. Hope you didn't take offense. *hugs* I see myself successful with the sleeve. But I am and I guess always will be a slow loser. My 6 months is coming up on the 28th. I'm down 55 lbs. (10 of those was from my 2 weeks pre op diet) so my average is less than 10 lbs a month. Which I think is good but when everyone says the heavier you are the faster you lose. So not true. Also I'm tall so taller people don't lose fast either. I guess my point is our bodies are all different and we have to find what works for us individually. That's also what my doctor told me. Do what works for you. I feel like the sleeve will be the tool to help me maintain my weightloss so I will never be obese again :)

Did you ever order some post sleeve? Did it work or did you find you gained?

I did the HCG diet starting in December of last year; I lost 60 lbs in 2 months and have kept it off.

Was this after your sleeve?

HCG is a total scam, but some of the points of the diet are good such as limited carbs and low fat Proteins. I don't think this will affect your success with the sleeve because you will be continuing a low calorie low carb diet pkan on the sleeve. The diet itself is very similar to the sleeve diet in portions, 3 oz at a time. It does lack in Protein. So if you fo it right before and lose a bunch of weight it might slow you down a little at first but not long term.

I did the HCG diet and lost 100 lbs. I felt great, had more energy and had to remember to eat. But, I got pregnant in the middle of the VLCD round and that was it. I was starving and pretty much ate whatever I wanted. I gained the 100lbs back plus another 30! My son will be 2 this month and I needed somthing that would be permanent. So, instead of going back to the HCG, I chose the sleeve. For me, I think it will work better in the long run. I don't plan to do the HCG post sleeve either. If you do, good luck, I hope it works!! :D