Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm curious about taking hcg just to speed up the process and help release the belly fat, I've lost almost 40lbs but my pants size hasn't changed.. I did hcg 3 rounds lost 64lbs and u really lose from the belly first, but gained it all back in 6 months... It helps u release the old stored fat first.

I'm curious about taking hcg just to speed up the process and help release the belly fat' date=' I've lost almost 40lbs but my pants size hasn't changed.. I did hcg 3 rounds lost 64lbs and u really lose from the belly first, but gained it all back in 6 months... It helps u release the old stored fat first.[/quote']

That is a great question ... I would do it too. Its not like i am eating more than 500calories a day now. If it can help this tummy ....i am all in.

HCG does work, but you must get the real hormone. The FDA took all of the homeopathic products off the market. I did HCG throught a clinic in 2009 and lost 50 lbs. I kept it off for about a year, and it did take work to keep it off. Gained it all back in a matter of months when I got on antidepressants. I don't think it's worth investing in for pre-op. Just follow your doctor's orders. I have considered doing it post-op. I've been in a 6 week stall and am really tempted to order some from India. I think getting the weight off is easier than keeping it off, and the sleeve will help me maintain. I'm down 50 lbs but want to lose 40-50 more.

So, let me get this right....... There is this "magic" hormone that makes you lose weight, but it only works if you adhere to a strict 500 calorie no carb/ no sugar diet?.......

What am I missing here? You are eating 500cal per day and no carbs or sugars. That's why you are losing weight. I'm betting ths HCG stuff makes it so if you exercise at the same time you lose even faster. I'm sorry, but on a similar diet I lost 37lbs in a month, but I didn't have any "magic" hormone pulsing through my veins. All I had was a smaller stomach & my caloric intake was more like 800/day.

Hasn't everybody heard it enough? Every weight loss gimmick out there claims, "with our product & diet & exercise" you'll lose weight. Forget all the gimmicks you've got the tool to help you control your diet, you can do the exercise. Keep the extra money in your pocket, your gonna need it for new clothes.

HCG is not a gimmick or magic hormone. It's the hormone excreted during pregnancy. Read Pounds and Inches if you want the scientific details.

HCG is not a gimmick or magic hormone. It's the hormone excreted during pregnancy. Read Pounds and Inches if you want the scientific details.

I agree - it is definitely a proven scientific method and you do have to research the real deal to fully understand it all as Sexy Slim said. Basically it is a fail proof way to lose weight IF you take the true HCG hormone and abide by the strict dietary plan. And actually exercise is NOT encouraged while you are on the VLCD (very low calorie diet) phase. But, there are 4 phases you move through in how ever many rounds you chose to do and the other phases introduce back in more foods and higher calories.

Anyway, I totally believe in the plan and from my own experience lost and was almost to my goal weight for the first time in 17 yrs (and many, many other diets), I felt great, I was healthy by my blood work, etc. Just did not have the will power to keep it off.....hence the SLEEVE!!

First of all HCG is nothing even remotely new. Ive been hearing about this miracle pregnancy hormone sporaticly for close to 20years. Let's be honest with ourselves here, if it was really that good, it would be everywhere. Your doctor would be all but begging you to try it.

Doctors aren't begging anyone to try it because no drug company can market it to make money off of it. I told my doctor I used it and he gave me a pat on the back and said do what works for you. Everyone is different. But all doctors aren't open minded like that. Most of them are just brainwashed drug pushers.

All I will say to this is for a treatment that was discovered some 60+ - years ago it sures seems to ride the wave of popularity like every other weight loss fad out there. I promise you it will fall out of favor again soon (just like it has numerous times) and it will come back about 5years later being touted as a great discovery.

I agree - it is definitely a proven scientific method and you do have to research the real deal to fully understand it all as Sexy Slim said. Basically it is a fail proof way to lose weight IF you take the true HCG hormone and abide by the strict dietary plan. And actually exercise is NOT encouraged while you are on the VLCD (very low calorie diet) phase. But' date=' there are 4 phases you move through in how ever many rounds you chose to do and the other phases introduce back in more foods and higher calories.

Anyway, I totally believe in the plan and from my own experience lost and was almost to my goal weight for the first time in 17 yrs (and many, many other diets), I felt great, I was healthy by my blood work, etc. Just did not have the will power to keep it off.....hence the SLEEVE!![/quote']

Do you think you can have a 500 cal/day diet and not lose weight?

I did HCG about 1.5 yr ago and lost 78 lbs in 7 months. Then' date=' I gained back about double that in about a yr when I stopped the injections and tried to go back to normal food. I lost well while on it and also stuck to the plan when I was on it to a T. Yes, you HAVE to stick to the foods in the diet and you have to be pretty much exact IF you want to lose the max amount of weight. If you fudge, sure you may still lose but not the 1 lb per day as you are supposed to.

I bought my HCG from out of the country, so I did get the real deal and had to mix it myself in the vials. I didnt want the homeopathic, if I was gonna do it...I was gonna do it. I also went by the original book "Pounds and Inches" by Dr. Simeons who wrote the book over 50 yrs ago in Italy.

For me, I would never consider doing it AFTER the sleeve.....that is why I got sleeved so that I would never have to do those type of extreme "diets" again. Before, if I had some avail. knowing how well I lost before I may consider it...but not after.[/quote']

How much were injections just curious thanks

I did HCG for over 6 months dropped 55lbs stopped taking HCG and gained it ALL back and some! I had an entire fb page dedicated to me being on HCG about 90% of the people I knew who did it { over 900 fb hcg peeps} Failed at it Long term! I would NOT invest time nor money into something that only produces instant results but yet fails in the long run~ Focus on being sleeved and leave the fad diets alone!

T~ :wub:

Bodybuilders use HCG to return their testicles back to their normal size after doing a cycle of steroids, which shrinks them. Just thought I'd put my two cents in. :wacko:

My husband is currently doing the HCG drops. He started when I got my surgery. It's kind of nice because we basically eat about the same amount of food!! He's dropped some weight. Who knows if he will keep it off. The drops mainly help you keep from getting too hungry. The weight loss is from the restricted diet. He adheres to it very well. He cheated this weekend when we went on vacation - and paid for it both in some weight gain and GI issues. He now knows it's not worth it to cheat.

I did HCG - was successful-- gained it all back (plus more.) I'm getting ready for surgery in Oct and a little scared that my metabolism is so screwy from being on a vlcd and that the sleeve may not be successful for me because of that. So those of you who ate past HCGers and current sleevers- how's the weight loss going for you with your sleeve?

I did hcg 3 rounds, but really only did one round to the tee, lost 60lbs... And yes after a yr gained it all back. I'm a slow loser always have been, have to eat nothing and exercise like crazy to lose, so far ive lost 46lbs in 3 months so not bad but not super fast either... Was thinking of using the hcg again to help my body release the fat faster, but not sure. My start weight was 345lbs so I have lots to lose, wish it would go faster.