Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As anyone tried the hcg diet just to drop the required weight before surgery???

I'm not going to lie, I've been looking into hcg, B12 (methylcobalamin)'p, and MIC shots. )

I tried HCG a while before surgery just for weight loss. It did work but not like it did for my friend but I also have some food allergies that limited my food choices on it. My friend lost 80lbs doing it but gained 40 back after she stopped.

A bunch of people at work do hcg - it works well from the groups results we have here. Only thing I've heard negative was that if u go back to unhealthy eating again u do regain weight but that's true with every plan - even wls.

Im actually moving more towards Vitamin B shots with MIC (lipotropics)

I did the hcg 1 1/2 ago and lost 37 lbs, now that was in 3 weeks. The regain took a while but if u stay dediated to the hcg 500 calorie diet and work your way back to more calories u will be ok.

I did the hcg 1 1/2 ago and lost 37 lbs' date=' now that was in 3 weeks. The regain took a while but if u stay dediated to the hcg 500 calorie diet and work your way back to more calories u will be ok.[/quote']

So.. I found a website .. Trim nutrition right? And they are explaing there are foods you MUST adhere to. Did u find that u had to stick to these foods in order to be successful. I dont think the 500 cal thing would be a prob as im only getting 400-500 a day anyways. But thats awesome for u! 37 lbs?!? Thats what im talkin bout!

I did it a year ago and lost well. You DO have to stick to the foods required and you MUST stay at 500 calories or you will gain. My understanding is that it's hard to get now. HHCG (homeopathic) is not real HCG and the real stuff is hard to find. It's a tough diet to stick to but works when you do.

I lost 40 lbs on it, then gained 60 in 6 months when I got off it, even though I was being somewhat careful.

I am however, considering using my Last vial right before WLS to give me a last minute edge.

I lost 18 pounds with HCG and gained 27 once I stopped.

I think I have like 5 vials in my fridge that I bought from an India online pharmacy. I was wondering if I should do it like the week before surgery to help shrink the liver. I don't know. But at this point it is probly just going to be wasted like everything else I have tried! ugh. I hate wasting money!!!!!

With hcg there is a catch to it. When u go on the 500 cal diet you take all sugar and carbs away from your body. When you come off you slowly have to reintroduce your body to carbs and sugar, or you will blow up like a house like we all did. There isn't any type of restrict or to stop us from eating what we want. Also, as far as using hcg you purchased awhile ago it might not work. The hcg syrum has a potency and if it sits for to long I guess you can say it spoils. When I did hcg I used the injections that were prescribed by a dr. Here in Chicago where I live.

I did hcg... Lost 34 lbs in 28 days... I think it's wonderful. My brother did the entire 4 step program for a year a dropped 72 lbs

Did anyone here do hcg AFTER their sleeve?

I did HCG about 1.5 yr ago and lost 78 lbs in 7 months. Then, I gained back about double that in about a yr when I stopped the injections and tried to go back to normal food. I lost well while on it and also stuck to the plan when I was on it to a T. Yes, you HAVE to stick to the foods in the diet and you have to be pretty much exact IF you want to lose the max amount of weight. If you fudge, sure you may still lose but not the 1 lb per day as you are supposed to.

I bought my HCG from out of the country, so I did get the real deal and had to mix it myself in the vials. I didnt want the homeopathic, if I was gonna do it...I was gonna do it. I also went by the original book "Pounds and Inches" by Dr. Simeons who wrote the book over 50 yrs ago in Italy.

For me, I would never consider doing it AFTER the sleeve.....that is why I got sleeved so that I would never have to do those type of extreme "diets" again. Before, if I had some avail. knowing how well I lost before I may consider it...but not after.