Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got d sleeve with a very low bmi because I was a revision from band to sleeve and Thats my biggest cunsern my doc. says that my body will know when to slow down. I hope soo i already have sooo many people who didnt agree with me getting d sleeve.lol. I was soo afraid to just have d band taken out and gain all my weight back.

I was a little concerned about this a few months ago (well before surgery) but then I realized since it is WAY too easy to "beat" the sleeve with liquid calories, I was NOT going to starve. Not that I WANT to cheat, but it did put my mind at ease.

Dear Lord, I wish I could have this problem!!

As an African American with curves that I love, I totally understand though.

However, if you exercise and eat healthy foods and portions, your body will do the rest.

So far, with exercise, I have been able to tone up a bit so that I don't look unhealthy.

If anyone starts getting too small, just start eating higher calorie food. There are plenty of foods that are relatively healthy but high in calories. Think olives, nuts and guacamole.

I think my problem is I cannot invision what "small" is. I have never been "small." I was diagnosed as obese around age 6. I was always bigger than all my friends, the biggest on the softball team and an even bigger adult. I think I set my goal originally at 160lbs because I cannot imagine anything less. However, I know for my height 150# is a great target number. I just have no clue what it looks like. I think for ME having been obese (since childhood) the whole body image issues are extreme. I honestly have no clue what I should weigh or what looks appropriate. I figure I will take each day as it comes.

Good luck on your journey!

If anyone starts getting too small, just start eating higher calorie food. There are plenty of foods that are relatively healthy but high in calories. Think olives, nuts and guacamole.

I love guacamole!!!!! I am currently on day 7 of my two week diet. I am not hungry but these smells are killing me!!!!

O.T.R. Sleever' date='

I would ask if you have done these, but I won't. LOL![/quote']

If you had asked, I would have said yes, I was a health freak/fitness nut in my earlier years

I think my problem is I cannot invision what "small" is. I have never been "small." I was diagnosed as obese around age 6. I was always bigger than all my friends, the biggest on the softball team and an even bigger adult. I think I set my goal originally at 160lbs because I cannot imagine anything less. However, I know for my height 150# is a great target number. I just have no clue what it looks like. I think for ME having been obese (since childhood) the whole body image issues are extreme. I honestly have no clue what I should weigh or what looks appropriate. I figure I will take each day as it comes.

Good luck on your journey!

Wow, that's exactly how I feel! I've also been big all my life, and have no clue what "normal" will look like on me. But I'm excited to find out!

mmmmmmm.....guacamoooooolleeeeeeee.......

post-19191-13813659483661_thumb.jpg

LOL! I don't care for guacamole, but you reminded me of my wife. she LOVES the stuff!

Hahahaha - me too :) although a friend of mine who was sleeved about 18 months ago told me that she had a nasty comment the other day - her beautician (nasty person anyway) told her to eat something "BECAUSE YOU LOOK LIKE A CANCER PATIENT"... gee people are mean! She looks amazing - I told her (1) not to go back and (2) to tell her to suck it :) So I guess we also have to watch out for people who want to put us down for losing weight as well as mock us for being overweight!

1) There are lots of people out there who need a course in being "tactful"....like the beautician and 2) I think people who were around us as a heavy (obese) person have gotten soooo used to seeing us that way that when we make it (or made it) to a healthy weight they think we are too thin and 3) they could be jealous too!! :-)

I know this may seem crazy but I'm a little worried about getting to small. I don't want to look sick. Is there a way to avoid this or will that even happen. I'm just really anxious about my surgery. All kinds of things running through my head.

Been there. Had those thoughts. Still do. Was worried about losing my "figure", but 110# gone, and I feel better and look better than ever. 2 years post op, and still 40# to goal. Not sure what "too small" is, but if you focus on the health aspect of it, it will be much easier to push past that fear.

I've blogged my entire journey here - including lots about the feelings you mentioned: vanishingvixen.wordpress.com. You can also

Check out some of my pics in the gallery. Maybe it will put your mind at ease.

Best of luck to all!!