Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating actual food forever! I try but every time I eat anything, I feel nauseous. I don't throw up but I would probably feel better if I would. 2 bites and I'm done. It's so frustrating and I don't know what else I can do. I'm not really losing because I can't get any more calories in and I can't get my Water down like I'm supposed to because that hurts too. I'm praying I didn't do this to my body all in vain.

You need to call your doctor and see what's going on. Good luck!

How far post-op are you? From your description sounds like you are very early on, and that pain and nausea sounds very normal, and trust me it WILL get better! I promise! The swelling on your tummy from the surgery will relax a little and you'll be able to eat a little bit more, not much overall though, but enough to make you feel better! And I think you will get used to the low amounts of food you'll eat at a time, and that will make it easier also!

I can't speak too the nausea because I am preop, but 22 pounds in one month, thats awesome! I am scheduled with Dr Garcia 8/31 and I am thinking you should still be on a full liquid diet, is that right?

I had surgery 4 weeks ago today. I know it's early but I didn't think I would be so sick all the time.

No, actually with Dr. Garcia you move to soft foods at 3 weeks. I've eaten egg salad, Wendy's chili, chicken salad in the magic bullet. I seriously hate food now. A saltine cracker has become my favorite thing to eat because it doesn't make me sick.

your right 2-4 weeks blended/pureed, it also says if you are experienceing vomiting/nausea to call your doctor. Have you called?

Go back to basics. A friend of mine suggested making corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes and blending them up. She was sleeved a month before st pats. She said it was awesome. Also try stuff that doesn't contain dairy. Dairy upsets the stomach. The sulfur in eggs and mayo can also cause nausea. Try foods that are more bland in taste and then work your way over to the more savory. It might help. :)

Thanks MissAwesome. I was thinking about that and I think you're right. Tomorrow I'm trying just for Protein Shakes and broth again. I can't take the nausea after eating anymore. Today is just a bad day!

Ready, I haven't called yet. If it doesn't seem better tomorrow then I'm calling them tomorrow. I haven't ever vomited and don't always feel this bad so I don't want to overreact calling the doc. I shouldn't feel that way but I do. I'm beginning to think the chili doesn't agree with my sleeve either.

Also, a sleeve buddy of mine has gotten sick and is now in the hospital. I don't think I Abe the bacteria in the colon like her but it does concern me. She couldn't keep anything down, not even Water. I definitely don't have that problem. And I think I may be eating too fast or too much.

I'm a little over 8 weeks out and I feel the same way. Haven't eaten more than 300 calories in the past week. The thought of eating makes me so nauseous that I just don't. Saltines are a savior. I upped my PPI to twice a day so hopefully that will help. Have an appt a week from today. Trying to hold out til then.

Hope you feel better!

If crackers are sitting well, spread some laughing cow cheese on them. Filling, and it has Protein. It doesn't matter what I'm eating, if i eat too fast, "bad, bad habit I'm trying to break", it makes my tummy flip, flop. Hang in there, it does get better!

Oh man Territravel I'm the exact same way, I eat entirely too fast sometimes out of habit and BAM instant regret.

I'm a little over 8 weeks out and I feel the same way. Haven't eaten more than 300 calories in the past week. The thought of eating makes me so nauseous that I just don't. Saltines are a savior. I upped my PPI to twice a day so hopefully that will help. Have an appt a week from today. Trying to hold out til then.

Hope you feel better!

Sorry, but what's PPI??

PPIs are like prilosec and things of that nature to help reduce acid/ prevent ulcers in our pouches :)