Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biged65 - 2 Weeks Out

Hello all - so I am now 2 weeks out since my July 23rd surgery

I have been reading this forum for a couple of weeks - thanks to all GREAT INFO

I started @ 352 - I did NO pre surgery dieting ,

weighed today @ 306

46lbs - feeling great - soreness almost gone.

my Dr did not request enything more than nothing after midnight before the surgery.

I have kept strict on my Clear liquids depending on just Water, crystal light, broth, and Jello a few times.

last night I had wonton broth , I strained out everything - didn't go great

today I start Full liquid stage - started with my Breakfast 4oz of Skim Plus

going shopping tonight to stock up on more full liquid options - any suggestions

I travel for work Tue - Wed - Thurs so I need easily portable options

thanks All

Big Ed

holy crap you lost like 50 lbs in 2 weeks? thats crazy I lost like 15lbs in 9 days.. but i am also now on more than just a clear liquid diet. My soreless is getting less and less. are you having any periods of weakness or like blah? i feel good like physically but i feel like shaky a little and tired as crap

you lost a lot quick, wow. Try extra Protein slim fast drink, or maybe ensure. If you get a chance check out BariatricChoice.com--thye have a large vcariety of items, I tried the fruity ade and it was pretty good. Also how about GNC, pricey but could be helpful. Good luck. I get sleeved probably next month.

Damn bro I got sleeved the same day started out at 355 no pre diet as well and I'm at 317 with a 38lbs loss that's great man u doin any cardio or anything like that I'm almost walkin 2 miles a day

I went back to work the following monday , I m out on the road about 10 hrs a day. so Water and iced tea are about all i'm consuming

tonight I had Tomato Soup (condensed, made with skim plus) 4oz only - I sipped it over the suggested 30 mins and my gut did the rumba for a few minutes

almost broke rule #1

gonna weigh in again on thursday - trying to stick with only twice a week

thanks for all for the supporting comments

I def couldnt have gone back to work that fast. I am stil out actually I had surgery on the 27th. I am a home health aide which requires quite a bit of work and patient care. im not ready yet... and maybe i just wanna stay home with my 4 year old a little longer. but no really i am still sore, mostly just in one spot. It will be easier for sure being at work for consuming less calories. not that i am consuming a lot now. i had some baby food fruit this am, bananas, apples, pears mix it was friggen delicious! lol

had the Tomato Soup again for lunch and oatmeal for dinner - plain with skim milk and a packet of splenda - yummy

ok so 4 weeks out now and the weight loss is slowed incredibly to 3lbs a week

started big boy food as of saturday ( few days early) no issues at all

Going to Hershey Park in PA tomorrow for a few days - I am planning on fitting on a few rides