Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Months Of Waiting :(

Im sorry about your 6 months of waiting, but im sure it will go by quickly. I have just started my journey, and am ready to get started, but will do the 6 months if required, though I read I could do a 3 month diet. Good luck on your journey, this is just the first step.

I'm half way through my 6 months. My dr says the waiting period is 6 months which is a total of 7 visits. The last visit has to be at least 180 days from the 1st visit. The six months of waiting has just been an emotional rollercoaster because I'm just so ready but it is going by quickly. Good luck!

I'm half way through my 6 months. My dr says the waiting period is 6 months which is a total of 7 visits. The last visit has to be at least 180 days from the 1st visit. The six months of waiting has just been an emotional rollercoaster because I'm just so ready but it is going by quickly. Good luck!

The waiting was tolerable as long as I was doing something -- psych visit, gallbladder ultrasound, etc. The worst part was waiting for approval! But, it finally happened! Surgery in 6 days!

trust me it goes b y wicked fast. i have my dietician appt aug 21st then the last one september 5th. i cut it close BUT my insurance said as long as their 6 months consecutively its fine. i am nervous about the approval but i have state insurance and my bmi is 50. my surgeon said iwill definatly be approved it goes by VERY VERY fast. i started my journey in april and im almost there! i go to the gym every other day and i also have a 2 year old and full time job to keep me busy and keep my mind off of things. good luck to you and it will be greatttt!

My first appt is this morning but I am so nervous! Yet excited to finally start the journey!

Everyone who has responded has pretty much stated what I would share. I completed my 6th visit in June. but get this, I have to wait 4 months more, due to school and work schedule, but it's by choice. So waiting can be good. I will say depending upon your doctors i.e. Med, Surgeon, NUT...you may need that time. Take the time to get things that you need...a little at a time. Plan your meals, plan your excercise routine, etc.

I have learned patience and patience is what you will need after the surgery is complete. Your tool will work, but you may have some slow periods, some stall periods...how will you exercise your faith then. Yet I understand that everyone is different. Trust, the time will go by quickly.

Well everyone. I had my first appt today and this will not count towards my supervised diet because it was a preliminary thing. Also I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure and was prescribed pressure meds and Fluid meds. I am not surprised but this helps my case! She gave me a diet to follow. I am hoping to have my surgery in March.

Finished up month 4. 2 more appointments left to go. My NUT has been great but there isn't that much she can teach me at this point. Most of us have been on strict diets for years before we considered weight loss surgery. At least she's cool about it and focuses on some of the new ideas and thoughts about nutrition.

I do feel there is a value to working with a NUT but 6 months is just overkill. I've been told it's not something most doctors are in favor of. This is strictly the logic and bureaucracy of insurance companies and not medicine.

Looking back the 6 months does go by pretty quickly. I'm 5 out of 6 and next month I start my clearances; psych eval, pulmonology, dietitian, and cardiologist. I also have to attend my last mandatory support group meeting and get my teeth cleaned. I'm pretty sure with the normal 9-5 plus these, the month is going to go by pretty quickly. We have already set a tentative surgery date of October 16th. Just yesterday it seemed I was 180 days away, now only 55.

Hi everyone, I had my appointment with my Dietian this morning and I will be meeting with her every 2 weeks. Im a college student and we have a register Dietian and hopefully my health insurance accepts the diet I will be doing with her. I need 6 months of dieting also, but earlier in the year I did 2 months, so Im left with only 4. If I were to go back to last year also, I woulod only need the 3 months, since I was surpervised under my doctor. Im not happy about waiting 4 months, but am going to take it to consider what I need to do to have a healthy successful relationship with food.< /p>

Just like most of you. I am doing the 6 months of supervised dieting

Will appts every 4 weeks be okay? Will the counts as 6 months?

August 18

September 15

October 13

November 10

December 8

January 5

Any tips on what to ask the dr? The surgeons office gave me paperwork to give to the dr. Any tips on what not to do? What happens if I gain or lose 2 much?

Lastly what can I do to pass time?. Lol

Wow! I too felt the same way when I started and now I only have 2 more months to go! I should only have 1 month but i skipped a month....darn!!! But this month I meet with the Financial Advisor who is getting me set up with all the "pre" surgery things, as well as submitting my paper work to my insurance BCBS.....I'm soooo nervous because I just want it done!!!! I'm hoping there's no holdup with the insurance because it's hard to make arrangements with work and the kids school!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!

The wait is killing me...I have 1 appt down 5 to go..