Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am traveling home with my family on a road trip and everyone is snacking. I feel like a drug addict in a room of drugs. Really getting bitchy too. Family is taking the brunt. Surgery tomorrow. Getting nervous.

Come on, family, show this girl a little respect! She can't be snacking like that....can't you guys wait? :)

Also sat in restaurant while they ate and watched them eat all kinds of baked goods my aunt made for our visit. Like I said, getting very snappy and bitchy. Have to learn how go live with this.

Now that's just wrong! Be strong! Keep in mind that you've come a long way to get to this point. Don't give in. A new wonderful life is ahead.

Oh I am not giving up! Haven't faltered a bit. Just makes me cranky. This is my choice, not theirs. But feeling like I broke up with food yet everyone else still dating. It actually kind of grosses me out to see them stuffing their face.

I am traveling home with my family on a road trip and everyone is snacking. I feel like a drug addict in a room of drugs. Really getting bitchy too. Family is taking the brunt. Surgery tomorrow. Getting nervous.

Are you on liquid Diet... Drink cold Water or pop sicle... And dont pay them no mind, just picture your self in a year from Today.... Good Luck

Yikes! What a test of your strength!! You've come this far...your head is in the right place (even if theirs isnt!) and you're almost there!! I agree with RoseNP, think of yourself a year from now. You're gonna knock their snackin' socks off!!!

to this day I feel gross watching people eat large amount of food, yet envious and angry that I can't lol!!!!!

feel like a drug addict in a room of drugs

jennrus

like an alcoholic in a bar, right? stuff like that

"broke up with food yet everyone else is still dating" - love that

****************************************************************************************************************************

hopefully after you've been "officially" sleeved - family et al might be a little more considerate seeing what you are going through

your working hard now concluding your pre-op, maybe it just doesn't seem real til they see what you are doing Post WLS

you are being strong, and not faltering - congrats :)

good luck tomorrow with WLS ;)

speedy recovery

best

kathy

;)

Good luck tomorrow! I went out to dinner with my family last week (still on liquid) and had a bowl of broth Soup while they enjoyed cocktails and a meal. I wouldn't have been able to be sweet to them & satisfied... enduring that without my sleeve so kuddos to you for getting through this weekend pre-op without it!!

Wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

Yeah, I've dealt with similar situations. Don't expect people to be considerate of what you're dealing with, unfortunately. But, trust me, it will be much different post-op. I stayed with my parents for two weeks after surgery and almost every night my mom would watch tv with me while drinking a beer and eating chips. Yeah, that was killer. Honestly, the soda is harder for me than the alcohol and both my mom and best friend always have a diet coke with them. Ugh! BUT, like I said, it will be much different post-op. I'm not saying you won't want it but in the beginning you won't want anything and after that the idea of it doesn't turn you on as much. Good luck!

Not too offend but I don't think the family thinks of it as being inconsiderate. They shouldn't have to walk on egg shells for us when its the way they have been eating for years as welll. I usually cook all the meals for my husband and I to make less temptation. But sometimes its unavoidable. I'm doing a low carb diet as practice to change my eating habits. We went to a burger place yesterday and I had to order without the bun. Knowing I just did that he still asks me if I wanted jalapeno poppers or soda. It's not because he's being inconsiderate. I think its just not something everyone thinks about unless they are considering wls or on a diet. It's just hurtful to us because we are having to deal with out

Our reasons for eating. Our emotional balance is being corrected and tested which can be a good thing

Thank you for validating my feelings. No one but you guys know how tough it was. So proud of myself and even more sure i can do this. Waz so scared i would fail. Very powerful. I still dont believe it is goi g to work. Can not picture myself skinny.

I dunno why but watching drop dead diva has really calmed me, just made such an impact on how people view eachother. :)