Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

Hey there!!!! Wow I'm with dr hoffman also!!!! In the beginning stages!!!

I'm in lockport having my IDG with him on nov 12th then my meeting with him the 18th I've heard nothing but great thing about him!! I'm super confident with my choice in surgeons and super excited to meet

Him!!

Hi ladies. I had the sleeve with dr hoffman 3 weeks ago. One of the requirements is to lose 5% of your body weight before surgery. They use the south beach diet to do so. Good luck with everything!!

Yeah I've been on the south beach for about a month haven't had much success but the awesome NP in the office said that I have been doing everything I need to keeping my food and exercise logs and she still schedule me to meet dr hoffman and claimed me ready for surgery my meeting with him is nov 18 I'm so excited!!!!!!! How are you doing???

Yeah I've been on the south beach for about a month haven't had much success but the awesome NP in the office said that I have been doing everything I need to keeping my food and exercise logs and she still schedule me to meet dr hoffman and claimed me ready for surgery my meeting with him is nov 18 I'm so excited!!!!!!! How are you doing???

I'm doing well!! I was a band to sleeve revision so it will be a little slower on the loss but overall feeling healthy and excited. Soooo great to hear about the NP. Which one is it?

@@kimmerzj29 hi I don't know how long it will be it seems to take a long time in between apts I've been on south beach since sept 21 I've lost 19.5 lbs as of the 27 of oct it's boring but so far I guess effective I want to have this over with by the new year however I don't think it will happen there was miscommunication I was told by surgeon office that I'd be contacted re a sleep study and an edg they did contact me for the sleep study but not the edg week went by I finally called to ask why and was told oh no u need to schedule it so when I tried to it was mid oct and I was told they were already scheduling into dec for the edg it was extremely upsetting and the sleep study place rescheduled a couple times now Im being told I must have a mandatory compliance with Cpap with a printout for proof before I can even meet the surgeon which won't be until after the edg and then I have to meet with the np one more time before they will schedule a meeting with the surgeon which will be almost mid dec so I doubt I will get any further along until after Xmass until they think of some other tests I have to have I feel the staff at these places just tell u things to move u along then later u get told something else it always seems there's yet something else to do I've also had a problem with getting all my records I've called each dr multiple times to request they fax stuff the surgeons office asked for I've even gone in person and signed releases and every single time I wait a couple days then I call surgeons office and they say they don't have it I call dr again they say well we faxed it this day this day this time etc and I've been been keeping track I make a note of every time I call the date time and who I talk to something strange is going on that's all I know I just can't wait to be done with all this stuff I hope u are having better luck!

Yep, the pre-op requirements for this surgery are exhausting. I feel like all I do is schedule appointments and have medical professionals poking and prodding and weighing and measuring me. I feel like a lab rat! And just when you think you are making solid progress, a complication pops up. I had my sleep study, at which they told me if I *didn't* hear from them in one week, I was in the clear. Ten days later, they called and said I need to go back and do a titration study.

Had my EGD last week and that was fine, but I'm still in significant pain from it, which sucks. I woke up in the middle of it choking and gagging.

I hope this is all worth it in the end, because at this point it seems like it has taken over my life.

@@YellowWallpaper I couldn't agree more I can't believe this happened to u I'm so sorry how the hell did u end up waking up I hope u got an explanation for this and if u punched someone who old blame u how horrifying I've been dreading this since I was told I'd have to have it I looked it up as I didn't know what it was and they said I'd be awake all I could think was whaaaaaattttt????? I don't want to be awake for this!!!! and she says well it's concious sedation uhhh isn't that awake? I cant get my teeth cleaned without nearly throwing up I can't even imagine being wake for this can I ask why are u in pain? what happened and when u woke up what did they do put u back out? what hospital was this? I'm freaking out now

Hey shellydd sorry you've had such a hard time with things!! I guess I got lucky and things seem to be moving

Along pretty good for me, I didn't need a sleep study and the only

Thing they rescheduled was the edg because the doc had a death in his family but the week after I have that I have my meeting with him so hopefully I'll be okay for mid December for

Surgery!!! I wish you luck with everything keep me updated hope

Things start working out better!!

@@shellyd88, I'm so sorry to have given you anxiety about the procedure! The ironic thing is, I had had an endoscopy before, in 2013, as standard test before being put on PPI meds for acid reflux. THAT endoscopy was *nothing.* Like, seriously, completely unremarkable, no waking up during procedure, no pain afterwards, etc. I think that is how most people experience it. The fact that my second one, last week, went so bad, was an aberration.

I seriously would not worry if I were you - "conscious sedation" simply means that you will not be under general anesthesia, not need to be intubated, etc. You WILL be asleep. They should give you fentanyl/versed, or some places use Propofol. Even with the waking up during the procedure (which is, I suspect, why my throat still aches and feels "off" somehow), I immediately was put back under (my sister the RN says they probably gave me more versed in my IV right away) and then had amnesia for about 6-8 hours afterward. I was awake and talking, but didn't remember a darn thing the next day.

Oh and as to your last question - I did not have my EGD at a hospital; I already have a gastroenterologist in private practice who has an endoscopy clinic so I just went to him.

Honestly, even with the trauma of waking up mid-procedure and the continuing throat pain, I would still rather have 10 more EGDs than do even one more sleep study. And yet, off I go to do another freaking sleep study. I'm just trying to keep my eyes on the prize, but it IS frustrating.

@@YellowWallpaper I totally hear you on the sleep study. It is such a pain in the @ss. I ended up having to get the cpap machine and the hospital would have canceled surgery if I didn't bring it with me on surgery day. I paid $300 for the initial payment for the machine and then it is $40/month for the next 10 months. And I hate it. Most of the time I don't use it. I'm hoping once I lose weight I won't need it. ????

@@kimmerzj29 I had my endoscopy in the hospital with dr hoffman and it was fine. I didn't wake up and just had mild discomfort afterwards. Don't fret too much.

Oh no yellow wallpaper u didn't give me any anxiety trust me I had it already lol thanks so much for answering my questions I really appreciate it I hate the sleep study stuff it's not like u can sleep with all that junk glued on u I couldn't even move let alone sleep in a strange place it's all overwhelming so much to do and they keep adding more it's frustrating