Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

Thanks for the advice! I to feel awkward in most situations due to my weight, joining would probably be good for me. How much are the classes?

free you just show up lol i just learned that buffalo general has free ones too

I think the support group meetings are very helpful too. This was my 2nd one that I have been to, and I love hearing everyone story, where they're at, where they have been, what works for them, what doesn't work for them etc. It makes me feel like I'm not alone in this process. :)

I do think that they are helpful! Everyone you meet has info that you might not have know before and Its always good to feel welcomed into a group with open arms...I usually feel like Im the odd ball due to my weight or the wls journey Im choosing to take so its nice to be among people who are just like you! Its always good to see the people who live in the same place as you do. It makes everything seem like its possible to do.

Do you know when the next one will be or where I would look to find that information? I was just sleeved on Monday :)

Congrats on being sleeved!! :) Hope you're doing well so far! The meetings are held the last Thursday of the month at 6:30 - about 7:30ish. So the next meeting is March 27th. Hope to see you there!

Hello . . newbie here . . I am scheduled for my revision surgery (band to sleeve) on March 27th. I was banded by Dr. Butsch at Buf Gen on April 12, 2010. Dr says the "band failed me" . . i could eat a bag of potato chips but it hurt like hell to eat veggies . . so . . given the choice, you know what I picked. Fluid was removed in Oct 2012 and band was removed Feb. 13, 2014. Dr wouldn't do the surgeries together, so now I wait. I am a little anxious and also worried about making the right decision. I guess my fear is I will put the weight back on as I did with the band. I have "head hunger" bad! and I know that is not going to go away with more surgery. I am trying to research and "take notes" before my surgery in hopes that that will help me cope better.

How did you guys cope with "head hunger"? . . Thanks!

Hello . . newbie here . . I am scheduled for my revision surgery (band to sleeve) on March 27th. I was banded by Dr. Butsch at Buf Gen on April 12, 2010. Dr says the "band failed me" . . i could eat a bag of potato chips but it hurt like hell to eat veggies . . so . . given the choice, you know what I picked. Fluid was removed in Oct 2012 and band was removed Feb. 13, 2014. Dr wouldn't do the surgeries together, so now I wait. I am a little anxious and also worried about making the right decision. I guess my fear is I will put the weight back on as I did with the band. I have "head hunger" bad! and I know that is not going to go away with more surgery. I am trying to research and "take notes" before my surgery in hopes that that will help me cope better. How did you guys cope with "head hunger"? . . Thanks!

Hi!! Welcome! I am just over a week out with dr posner. Same group! I have no regrets. But I haven't been hungry at all. Head or stomach. There is a support group on the third weds of the month. In box me for more information!!

There is a great support group on fb called the sassy sleevers. It is awesome! Pls check it out love it there!!

I will check it out! . . thanks!

Hi there,

I am new here. I am just starting the process for the sleeve at synergy. I also received the list for what is needed from IHA for the surgery. The 6 month diet and exercise is listed. How did u end up get past this? Did u have your doctor right a statement or was it never required?

Hello,

I am new just joined today. I am looking very forward to getting the sleeve done. Ready to move on with my life. I am currently scheduled at synergy for my pysch eval on the 20th as well as meeting with Dr Cavaretta on the 27th I have all my fundamental workshops scheduled in April. I am hoping, wishing I would be able to have my surgery scheduled before June. I have independent health and my plan renews in June. I have already met my deductible for the year. I am hoping this is possible. Any ideas? Does anyone have any feedback for this doctor?

Hello,

I am new just joined today. I am looking very forward to getting the sleeve done. Ready to move on with my life. I am currently scheduled at synergy for my pysch eval on the 20th as well as meeting with Dr Cavaretta on the 27th I have all my fundamental workshops scheduled in April. I am hoping, wishing I would be able to have my surgery scheduled before June. I have independent health and my plan renews in June. I have already met my deductible for the year. I am hoping this is possible. Any ideas? Does anyone have any feedback for this doctor?

I was just sleeved on 2/24 by Dr Cavaretta. He is a good doctor but has like no personality whatsoever. He Is very to the point and nothing more.

I actually took my workshops prior to my first appt. The morning of my first appt I has my psych eval. I chose to go outside of synergy because I was able to be seen more quickly.

Once they receive the psych eval and your workshops are complete, they submit to insurance. I was approved 2 days later. Since I was approved in January, they were still waiting on the operating room schedule so my op date took 2 weeks to get. It was scheduled 4 weeks out.

What ins do you have? Have you looked I to it as far as if any requirements are needed?

I have independent health. I am worried about needing the 6 months of diet and exercise plan from you doctor. My doctor did already sign off on the medical necessity form. Looks I should be on my except for I have all my classes scheduled in April. It would be nice if maybe I could start them this month. When Clair called to schedule she mentioned them starting April 2nd. Hopefully I can get this done before June as I have met my deductible and wouldn't have to pay for it.

I was just sleeved on 2/24 by Dr Cavaretta. He is a good doctor but has like no personality whatsoever. He Is very to the point and nothing more. I actually took my workshops prior to my first appt. The morning of my first appt I has my psych eval. I chose to go outside of synergy because I was able to be seen more quickly. Once they receive the psych eval and your workshops are complete, they submit to insurance. I was approved 2 days later. Since I was approved in January, they were still waiting on the operating room schedule so my op date took 2 weeks to get. It was scheduled 4 weeks out. What ins do you have? Have you looked I to it as far as if any requirements are needed?

I agree dr caveritta is a good dr but his bed side manner could be better

Edited by dfeickert25