Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

Will there be a support group meeting at Buffalo General for this month? If so, is there anything special planned?

Not this month because of the holiday, but there is one planned for next month.

Not this month because of the holiday, but there is one planned for next month.

Thanks Julia! I hate that I missed the meeting last month.

Thanks Julia! I hate that I missed the meeting last month.

There were quite a few people there last month! We got a packet of high Protein recipes for the holidays that they had the NUT put together for us.

Can anyone go to those support meetings or only if surgery was there?

Anyone that has had WLS is welcomed to attend! I hope there are more attendees that are 1+ year post-op that will attend. Hope to see you next month.

Thank you

Can anyone go to those support meetings or only if surgery was there?

I have asked before, even if you are thinking about having the surgery you are welcome there. You don't have to be a patient. They are good meetings, the LPN and the NP that hold the meeting are great and very knowledgable. All of the people I have met there so far are very nice and supportive. They are every 3rd Wednesday of the month, but there is no meeting in December.

Does anyone know if syngery baratics is having a suppourt meeting anytime soon after the holidays

The last I heard was sometime mid January, if they could find someone to host it... I hope there is one, I would sure like to go!

My surgery got bumped up 4 hours tomorrow. I'm beginning to get that "what the hell am I about to do" feeling and I can't seem to shake it. But then a moment of "you can do this!" creeps through and then I'm excited. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's felt this way! Oh well time to move forward and just get this done. See you all "on the other side" as they say :)

The last I heard was sometime mid January, if they could find someone to host it... I hope there is one, I would sure like to go!

My surgery got bumped up 4 hours tomorrow. I'm beginning to get that "what the hell am I about to do" feeling and I can't seem to shake it. But then a moment of "you can do this!" creeps through and then I'm excited. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's felt this way! Oh well time to move forward and just get this done. See you all "on the other side" as they say :)

Wishing you the best of outcomes tomorrow!!! See ya on the losers bench:)

For those of you on Facebook that have not "liked" the Bariatric Foodies page, I strongly urge you to do so. She posts lots of good information, articles, recipes, etc.. Head on over and see for yourself! Have a great day:)

The last I heard was sometime mid January, if they could find someone to host it... I hope there is one, I would sure like to go! My surgery got bumped up 4 hours tomorrow. I'm beginning to get that "what the hell am I about to do" feeling and I can't seem to shake it. But then a moment of "you can do this!" creeps through and then I'm excited. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's felt this way! Oh well time to move forward and just get this done. See you all "on the other side" as they say :)

hope. Your surgery goes well and and I hope so too with the support group

Hooray I made it!! :)

I had a wonderful experience at Sister's and Dr. Caruana was a charm! My incisions are barely noticeable and don't hurt a bit. I even have pictures because I asked him... pretty gnarly! First two days (at hospital) I did well but after coming home yesterday I hit the wall of cramping and nausea that was almost intolerable! But tonight the storm has calmed, and I feel much better especially after slowly eating a small bit of cream of wheat. After being so empty inside for almost two weeks no wonder all hell breaks loose in the guts. Looking forward to feeling much better day by day...

If anyone has knowledge of the support group dates please post, likewise I'll keep trying to find out the next one for Synergy.

Cheers and happy holidays everyone!! :D

Hooray I made it!! :)

I had a wonderful experience at Sister's and Dr. Caruana was a charm! My incisions are barely noticeable and don't hurt a bit. I even have pictures because I asked him... pretty gnarly! First two days (at hospital) I did well but after coming home yesterday I hit the wall of cramping and nausea that was almost intolerable! But tonight the storm has calmed, and I feel much better especially after slowly eating a small bit of cream of wheat. After being so empty inside for almost two weeks no wonder all hell breaks loose in the guts. Looking forward to feeling much better day by day...

If anyone has knowledge of the support group dates please post, likewise I'll keep trying to find out the next one for Synergy.

Cheers and happy holidays everyone!! :D

Congratulations!!! Make sure you're getting those fluids in above all else, ok!!!