Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Buffalo, Ny Out There?

Hi, to all WNY'ers!!! I, just know I'm not the only one out there, lol! I'm 6 days post op, overall, doing well!!! So, how's everyone else doing???

Hi Chilihot,

I am from Cheektowaga. I am having my Lap band removed tomorrow by Dr Hoffman at Buffalo General. He is also doing my Gastric Sleeve on October 1st.

Hope you are feeling well!!

Hi Ann48,

Hi Ann48,

Dr. Hoffman did my sleeve! He is wonderful! I'm doing well, other than gas issues and I'm tired of the liquids!!! No regrets and just accepting my new lifestyle! My 1st visit is Tuesday. I pray all goes well for you tomorrow and stay in touch! I'll be checking in on you

chilihot59

hi back at ya ;)

glad at 6 days your recovery is going smoothly

getting past these first few days of WLS,- smooth sailing ahead - with only good to happen - making you another "big loser"

i'm almost 8 months post PO, and things continue to go well for me

extremely happy w/my new best friend for life - my sleeve :)

BTW - shout out from Syracuse, NY ;)

good luck

kathy

Good to hear from you, Kathy, and you're doing well!!! Wow, 8 months seems like 8 years to me right now!!! Just taking it one day at a time. Each day is like a victory to me. Another day I didn't blow a day's, heck, a week's worth of calories in one or two meals, I haven't smoked a cigarette, a day I did something special for myself, and putting on my seatbelt for this ride!!! Glad to hear from you neighbor!!!

I'm from Rochester ! Hi back at ya! I am pre op, haven't gotten my date yet, working on all my testing

Well, hi SkinniRicki, good luck with your testing and let us know when you have your date! How are you doing so far???

Just did my sleep study last night, so I just have the follow up for that and 2 more visits with the NUT then they should be able to submit to my insurance

I'm with BGH and Dr. Hoffman is my surgeon as well! Just waiting for my date!

@Ricki, you probably need to get some sleep after your sleep study, lol!

Hi Riaa90, good to meet you! Dr. Hoffman is awesome and ball of fire! We got the luck of the draw :). Stay in touch, what ever questions you have I'm here! I'm going back to my sipping, wish it was a real sour apple martini, but, Crystal Light appletini is doing the trick :)

I dont know if u guys will see this or not, but l too am from Buffalo NY... I was sleeved on July 17th by Dr. Posner at Buffalo General.. I am actually trying to find some fellow Buffalo sleevers who may want to be workout partners, and take this journey together...

Hi bdiddy13,

I, was sleeved by Dr. Hoffman @ BGH on 7/30. Other than walking, he has not cleared me to workout. Tomorrow I start pureed and I pray all goes well! How are you coming along? Do you already belong to a gym? I've been getting info on the Y, more family orientated. Also, I have a friend who is coming up on her year anniversary who belongs to the Y. But, I'm still exploring my options and what my insurance covers.

Hi there, just in my pre op testing in Rochester here. Probably going to go with the sleeve, though I have been looking at the band also. Just might be a bad idea with my arthritis that is starting to get worse in my knees. My dr is dr dibenidetto at Rochester general. Seems like a pretty nice guy when I met him at the seminar but tough, kinda no nonsense. I like that in a surgeon. Have my sleep study consult on the 29 th but I don't get to meet with my nutritionist until October :(

Hi Pandabear,

I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees. I, was advised by my PMD and ortho that the more weight I could get off the better. The band has the lowest weight loss percentage of WLS options. The bypass was out of the question unless for whatever the sleeve wasn't an option. I'm so glad thus far that I got the sleeve. It's by no means a walk in the park. But, the weight I have lost, has helped my mobility, decreased my pain, and has had a positive impact. My ortho doctor will be prescribing a pain med that will not bother my sleeve, as I do have some stiffness and pain at night that Tylenol doesn't quite help. I, was placed on the south beach diet phase one at the start. You might want to get the South Beach diet book. It's a start and not as bad as people said. I was on phase one for 1 wk, then, went to phase 2, and so on. It was a good preparation for me. Also, use this forum for information gathering. You'll be well informed and gain a good support system. Whatever questions you have, have more than likely been asked and answered here! Wishing you the best in whatever you decide!!!