Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

I swear I get at least 50 to 60 grams of Protein a day. I was sleeved on 11/20 and my hair is falling out. Is anyone else having this problem? It really is quite upsetting.

I am having the same problem. Sleeved 11/19 and get about 50 grams protein a day and my hair is falling out like crazy. I am getting worried. Last week at my 3 month appointment my NUT told me it was completely normal and will stop around 6 months. I am scared I will have no hair by then! Thank goodness I started with a thick head of hair!

Sorry about the Hair loss. I was getting 60 grams in a day, and at my 3 months checkup the PA said to up my Protein. Now getting 70-80 a day, and went back to Water aerobics as I'm in a stall again. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop as my hair is not really thick to begin with.

I was having the Hair loss problems too..... I started taking Biotin twice a day. As long as I don't forget my Vitamins, and get 70g of Protein I don't lose much hair the next day.....seems to be the magic combo for me. My doctor told me biotin is not proven to prevent hair loss but it can't hurt either...... Twinlabs has a chewable dot too. Pretty cheap.

11/21 and haven't started losing hair yet, but am waiting for it to start. Might even be a good thing since I used new hair dye and it turned my hair into a HORRIBLE shade of orange. ;)

I have some Hair loss too. I have been using this on my roots to cover it up: bumble and bumble blondish hair powder. A spritz where it looks thin beefs it up. Hopefully it doesn't last long!

27/11 - I've been suffering the last few weeks with the dreaded hair fall, it has slowed a bit the last couple of days though thank goodness. I almost cried when every time I brushes my hair and my brush would get clogged. I have upped my Protein by at least 20g in the last week so am wondering if this is what has helped. Instead of 60-70 I now make sure (try) to get at least 90g per day, I have started a hair skin and nails pill as well so I guess in addition to my multi and Biotin this must be helping

Well I happy for me and sorry for you. I have not had any of the Hair loss that was possible since my surgery on 11/29/12. My hair was fine and thin to start with. I do take optisource with Biotin added in for post bariatric surgery patients. I get it online from Walmart (cheapest way to buy it at the time). I have it sent to my dad in the U.S. and then I have it sent to me here in New Zealand. We don't get it here. My NZ dietician said to get some when I was home in the states last summer, in anticipation of having surgery here. I have been taking it regularly for about 2 months. I have 2 more bottles to go, before I need to get some more. Strangely enough, my fingernails have improved dramatically. I am able to grow my own nails now and don't have to have fingertips put on. The old me/nails had splits, breaks, etc. all the time. I hated to look at may hands without nail tips. Yet another bonus to this surgery for me. Good luck with solving the hair loss mystery. BTW I too have heard the hair loss that might experience does end, mercifully. Stay Strong and Be Well, my friends!

Well I happy for me and sorry for you. I have not had any of the Hair loss that was possible since my surgery on 11/29/12. My hair was fine and thin to start with. I do take optisource with Biotin added in for post bariatric surgery patients. I get it online from Walmart (cheapest way to buy it at the time). I have it sent to my dad in the U.S. and then I have it sent to me here in New Zealand. We don't get it here. My NZ dietician said to get some when I was home in the states last summer' date=' in anticipation of having surgery here. I have been taking it regularly for about 2 months. I have 2 more bottles to go, before I need to get some more. Strangely enough, my fingernails have improved dramatically. I am able to grow my own nails now and don't have to have fingertips put on. The old me/nails had splits, breaks, etc. all the time. I hated to look at may hands without nail tips. Yet another bonus to this surgery for me. Good luck with solving the hair loss mystery. BTW I too have heard the hair loss that might experience does end, mercifully. Stay Strong and Be Well, my friends![/quote']

Who was your surgeon in Kiwiland? Also from NZ :)

Not at home so will weigh Monday and report in! Aggregated because once I hit 50 # my scale showed I gained 4 # and I don't want to get on it again! I 'm eating more Protein and drinking more as well as exercising more and wasn't losing! Grandparent duty until Sunday night!!

Went to the Bon Jovi concert last night in Cleveland in size 12 skinny jeans and tall high heeled boots. Beginning to feel "thin" - felt attractive for the first time in a long time and it felt good! Down 54 lbs since my surgery 11/19/12. Best decision ever!

Awesome. I went to a an ice hockey game at our coliseum. It was nice not to have to squeeze in and out of the seat every time you need to get up and let someone pass by in the row.. Also not to have pain in my thighs the next morning from the tight squeeze.

Hi everyone! I am officially over 1/2 way to goal! I can't believe it. Seriously... I just had this bad vibe that I'd screw up and nothing would work.

I was sleeved on Election Day. I'm down 87# and have about 30 more to go to hit my goal. Its amazing how things have changed in a mere 4 months! I can now fly on a plane without asking for the dreaded "extender". No more painful soars on the inside of my thighs. Instead of worrying about things being too tight, I worry they look too loose. I find that people smile at me more often. I actually enjoy socializing with people now. I asked out on a date (I declined - happily married for 18 years). The list goes on and on.... Most importantly, I actually feel healthy. I take in about 700 calories a day give or take. I usually meet the 60g of Protein with no problem, and I take my Vitamins religiously. My Water intake has been my biggest struggle. My pee always looks like apple juice so I know I'm behind in that area. Something to work on. I find that eating is now something that I NEED to do rather than something I WANT to do. It's so much easier to make good food choices now that I'm not feeling dependent on food to fulfill some sort of emotional void. This whole experience has been a true blessing!

I was sleeved on Election Day. I'm down 87# and have about 30 more to go to hit my goal. Its amazing how things have changed in a mere 4 months! I can now fly on a plane without asking for the dreaded "extender". No more painful soars on the inside of my thighs. Instead of worrying about things being too tight, I worry they look too loose. I find that people smile at me more often. I actually enjoy socializing with people now. I asked out on a date (I declined - happily married for 18 years). The list goes on and on.... Most importantly, I actually feel healthy. I take in about 700 calories a day give or take. I usually meet the 60g of Protein with no problem, and I take my Vitamins religiously. My Water intake has been my biggest struggle. My pee always looks like apple juice so I know I'm behind in that area. Something to work on. I find that eating is now something that I NEED to do rather than something I WANT to do. It's so much easier to make good food choices now that I'm not feeling dependent on food to fulfill some sort of emotional void. This whole experience has been a true blessing!

Mark, thank you for your post. I feel like you wre taking the words right out of my mouth.

I had my 99 day check up today and the Doc. said I was doing great. He thinks I MAY be at goal in 3 more months. I am down 55 pounds and try to stay on about 600 cals per day. I just bought a new pair of running shoes to walk in. I get in any where from 3-7 miles a day depending on number of hills and/or stairs.

I was not going to buy any clothes until I was at goal but I have no more pants (from long ago) that fit now. I do have plenty of tops and sweaters that I am loving and feeling really good in. :rolleyes:

Although, I am THINKING maybe cosmetic surgery MAY be in my future.

All my best, always....Ainslee