Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Congrats to all of you! I can't believe we are all doing so well. I'm a little behind y'all, but I will get there eventually. SW: 298 CE: 245. That's 53 lbs gone forever! It's great to be on the losers bench with all of you. Have a great day.

I was sleeved on 11/14. Down 64 pounds. I had a bunch of mini stalls the longest lasting two weeks. I did some research on line and everything pointed to increasing Proteins, increasing calories (I was at 600 went up to 800) and finding the right carb count to keep the weight coming off. I am also exercising 3-4 times a week for 20 minutes and doing strength with 2 lbs weights to keep my metabolism going. I am sure I will have more stalls but its coming off. Keep plugging away. Do not give up. What we have gone through was hard. Whenever the scale stops I freak out thinking that's it. I have another 50 to go. That number does seem doable but I am giving myself smaller goals. Like wonderland. My mini goal at the beginning of January was to break 200 by end of January. It was 10 pounds and I thought it was a stretch. Once I saw the smaller goal it seemed more doable. But I also made a pack with myself not to beat myself up if I didn't make it. I came in a week early. My reward... Went shopping for new jeans (thrift store) I went from size 18 to size 10-12 so far depending on the type of jeans. If I can do this (and I was the biggest procrastinator and had the worst track record for weight loss) you can do this too. Sink in and put you mind to small accomplishments and goals. Maybe "I wi increase my Protein by 5 grams today and tomorrow". If you meet this goal, make another one. One day at a time is the biggest mind change I am working one. Baby steps!!! And I expect someone to copy and paste these words for me when I stall again. Hehe!!!

Hi fellow November sleevers! It's awesome to share such a wonderful bond with each one of you. It sounds like everyone is doing great and working really hard' date=' congratulations! As for me, I couldn't be happier. I started my journey at 296 pounds on the date of my pre-op diet, November 4th. Date of surgery was November 19th. Since november 4th, I have lost 71 pounds! I am currently at 225 pounds, the first time I've weighed this in a long time. With a goal weight of 150, I still have a lot of work to go. I've been doing spinning classes at a local gym and have been LOVING THEM. Basically, life is good :)[/quote']

Wow, very encouraging! I am still in a stall since Jan. 2. Looks like I need to make some more changes. I was sleeved 11/1 and have dropped 34 lbs. I need to see movement here soon.

Its good to see everyone is doing so well. I'm feeling better everyday. My hair is thinning a bit but I can live with that. As of right now I'm down 103lbs. My weight loss is crazy to me I called my doc n asked her was this normal lose so much in such a short time.

Its good to see everyone is doing so well. I'm feeling better everyday. My hair is thinning a bit but I can live with that. As of right now I'm down 103lbs. My weight loss is crazy to me I called my doc n asked her was this normal lose so much in such a short time.

Wowser! That's an incredible loss! Tell us your secret. What is your daily calorie, carb, Protein and Water intakes? Are you working out like crazy? Please share. :)

I'm not sure if I ever posted anything before in this forum. I am barely a November 2012 sleever! I was sleeved on November 29th, 2012. I am just about 2 months out and feel I am doing well. Funny thing is, I am the last person that seems to notice how well I am doing. I have posted both "before" and "after" photos of myself in the same outfit. You can see changes clearly in the pictures, however, I don't seem to be as aware of the changes as others are. When I had my hair cut, as in my profile picture, I saw the changes much more clearly. My brain keeps painting my image in the mirror, as being fatter than it really is. The brain does play tricks on us I think. Anyway, in total, to date, I have lost a total of around 65 lbs., since I saw the surgeon in April of 2012.

Just thought I would share this with all the graduating class of November 2012! All of you keep up the good work! Stay strong and be well!

Karen

I'm not sure if I ever posted anything before in this forum. I am barely a November 2012 sleever! I was sleeved on November 29th' date=' 2012. I am just about 2 months out and feel I am doing well. Funny thing is, I am the last person that seems to notice how well I am doing. I have posted both "before" and "after" photos of myself in the same outfit. You can see changes clearly in the pictures, however, I don't seem to be as aware of the changes as others are. When I had my hair cut, as in my profile picture, I saw the changes much more clearly. My brain keeps painting my image in the mirror, as being fatter than it really is. The brain does play tricks on us I think. Anyway, in total, to date, I have lost a total of around 65 lbs., since I saw the surgeon in April of 2012.

Just thought I would share this with all the graduating class of November 2012! All of you keep up the good work! Stay strong and be well!

Karen[/quote']

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Can anyone tell me their daily calorie and carb intake? I've been in a stall and my nut said not to worry about anything but my Protein. I'm looking for ways to break this stall and keep the weight coming off.

Can anyone tell me their daily calorie and carb intake? I've been in a stall and my nut said not to worry about anything but my Protein. I'm looking for ways to break this stall and keep the weight coming off.

I was in a stall for about 4 weeks on top of not losing very quickly. It was emotionally upsetting. I increased the amount of protein I was getting in. My daily goal is now 50-60. Protein Shakes work best for me. I also ramped up my exercise schedule. I do four 45 minute aerobic workouts and one weight workout per week. The scale began to move again.

Keep it up. You will make it. I know it's disheartening, just visualize yourself as the thinner, healthier you. The scale will move again.

I do 60 to 70 protein no more than 40 carbs, 20 fat and 40 sugar. I exercise 3-4 times a week and wear a pedometer to make sure I am moving as much as possible as I sit at a desk all day. Calories total no more than 800

When I stalled for 4 days I upped carbs and protein 10 grams and within a week and a half stall broke and then I dropped back down and weight loss sustained at 1 to 3 pounds a week since so far.

Oh and Water water water. Good luck let me know how you do.

Hi fellow November sleevers! It's awesome to share such a wonderful bond with each one of you. It sounds like everyone is doing great and working really hard' date=' congratulations! As for me, I couldn't be happier. I started my journey at 296 pounds on the date of my pre-op diet, November 4th. Date of surgery was November 19th. Since november 4th, I have lost 71 pounds! I am currently at 225 pounds, the first time I've weighed this in a long time. With a goal weight of 150, I still have a lot of work to go. I've been doing spinning classes at a local gym and have been LOVING THEM. Basically, life is good :)[/quote']

Please tell me foods, exercise step by step what you're doing to be so successful. I need help. I've gone in clothes size but weight pounds are so slow nov 20 sleeved and only lost 35 pounds! I'm frustrated I too want to be in onederland.

I do 60 Proteins a day. Doc says very important to stay at this.

30 fat grams. Doc says 25-50 is fine.

30 carb grams, again 25-50 is fine.

600 calories. Usually I am under and sometimes over, but never by more than 100.

I walk every day between 2 and 4 miles. Depending on speed or who I am walking with. Yesterday, I added 1# hand weights. I feel it in my shoulders.

Best wishes and see you in onderland real soon.

Ainslee

Sleeved 11/13

Start weight: 248

Current weight: 198

I've gone from a tight size 20 to a 14- and even bought a 12 in a dress today! Super excited!

post-44833-13813662802857_thumb.jpg

Sleeved 11/13

Start weight: 248

Current weight: 198

I've gone from a tight size 20 to a 14- and even bought a 12 in a dress today! Super excited!

I'm puzzled how does anyone get 90 g of Protein down and yet stay under 600 cal every time I put a scoop of protein into something and each scoop has about 100 to 180 cal is there someone using a different protein that maybe would help me? I've been using Atkins everything and sick of it?

Part of my Protein intake is Premier Protein shake for breakfast...it's 160 calories 3gs of fat...I think maybe 6 carbs. And it tastes like chocolate milk to me.