Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Well, my 50th birthday last week gave me a "hiccup" on weightloss and this week it has surely slowed down again. However, I did lose a pound and I'm happy to see the scale move. I know the inches have come off, as I had several people at my "surprise party" last Friday make comments about me "shrinking". They hadn't seen me in a month so that was so encouraging!

I did slow down on my activity level but this week, upped it again. I am also going to be seeing a doctor and will have my hormone levels checked, as I feel my metabolism is slow and that may be attributed to that and the big "M" coming on. We shall see!

Found myself starting to munch here and there on things that are not going to do me any good (pretzels, tortilla chips, etc. and other crunch carbs) and although I didn't have very many, this is something I am NOT going to do. I guess as I've healed, I am feeling a bit hungrier, but I need to make that time count with something healthy going in my body, like a fruit, more Protein, etc. Any ideas for a "snack" would be appreciated. I don't seem to get in enough fruits and vegetables.

Also, are any of you taking a Vitamin and what do you use? I am using a chewable bariatric support vitamin, along with dissolvable B12, fish oil, coq10, dissolvable Biotin, and D3, with a chewable Calcium.< /p>

I feel pretty good with enough energy. I

I finally broke a stall and am down 37.5 pounds. Sleeved 11/12. I'm 66 and can wear some smaller sizes but... My waist doesn't allow me to get away from saggy but!!

Greeting everyone. I'm feeling great & I have been getting back to a normal life finally. Today I step on The scale after a week in I'm down again. YESSS. As of right now from my date of surgery 11/7 to now I am 92lb down.

Please tell me moment by moment what goes in your body for nutrition ? I was sleeved 11/20 and I'm down almost 30 only one pant size but I must be down inches or my body's shifting because lately everyone is commenting on my curvy figure. Ha even had an 18 yr old make moves on this old 50 yr old lady. I'm not satisfied with loss at all. Pretty sure not eating right and I definitely need tricks to keep me from wanting to eat at night. Bad habits are hard to break cuz I'm not hungry.

Still mainly Protein as I have a hard time getting that in and all the fluids. Have recently tried turkey legs, chicken breast, and pork loin. Still sometimes eat too fast and get sick . Yuck!!! Love shrimp and usually do well with that. Also keep Protein Bars as a backup and protein foods.

Please tell me moment by moment what goes in your body for nutrition ? I was sleeved 11/20 and I'm down almost 30 only one pant size but I must be down inches or my body's shifting because lately everyone is commenting on my curvy figure. Ha even had an 18 yr old make moves on this old 50 yr old lady. I'm not satisfied with loss at all. Pretty sure not eating right and I definitely need tricks to keep me from wanting to eat at night. Bad habits are hard to break cuz I'm not hungry.

I don't really drink any juice but when I do dilute it with Water depending on the drink its a lot of water. I have been doing a 50 day no meat diet. No starch food. I do sneaks throughout the day that is a cottage cheese with fruit. N I go to the gym often.

My surgery was 11-26-12 and I have done great...until 9 days ago :/! I was taken off all of my medications with the exception of Prilosec and Topamax (for migraine) well one of the meds I was on Spiranolactone was a diuretic, 3 days after stopping it was my weigh day and I put on 5 pounds. I cannot get the scale to budge at all not even one ounce.

I am getting all my Water, protien and if I am not doing Zumba or Kettle bell workout I am walking heck I even roller skated this past weekend with my daughter. Still no budge with the pudge. I am getting so frustrated. Back when I could when I hit a plateau I would binge eat forget the diet I was on gain it all back plus some.

So I am hoping to see the scale move SOON!!

THE scale WILL MOVE! I promise I was on a stall for 2 weeks and grew more and more depressed. For the first time in 3 years I am under 230 pounds. The scale finally moved this morning. I was so freaked out I weighed myself at least 3 times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Sleeved 11-20-12 and have lost 40 pounds.

My surgery was 11-26-12 and I have done great...until 9 days ago :/! I was taken off all of my medications with the exception of Prilosec and Topamax (for migraine) well one of the meds I was on Spiranolactone was a diuretic' date=' 3 days after stopping it was my weigh day and I put on 5 pounds. I cannot get the scale to budge at all not even one ounce.

I am getting all my Water, protien and if I am not doing Zumba or Kettle bell workout I am walking heck I even roller skated this past weekend with my daughter. Still no budge with the pudge. I am getting so frustrated. Back when I could when I hit a plateau I would binge eat forget the diet I was on gain it all back plus some.

So I am hoping to see the scale move SOON!![/quote']

I stall all the time my scale won't move for like 10 days and then I will lose a pound a day 4days in a row.I know what you mean about the binge and forget it syndrome I used to do that too but it is now a thing of the past and hopefully for good.Don't worry just keep doing what you are doing it will move :)

My surgery was 11-26-12 and I have done great...until 9 days ago :/! I was taken off all of my medications with the exception of Prilosec and Topamax (for migraine) well one of the meds I was on Spiranolactone was a diuretic, 3 days after stopping it was my weigh day and I put on 5 pounds. I cannot get the scale to budge at all not even one ounce.

So I am hoping to see the scale move SOON!!

It's hard not to lose confidence that this will work after everything that we've been through.

Sounds like you're doing everything right. Maintain the rage - the scale will move! I'm sure that extra water weight will come off soon too. Sounds like it was just your body reacting to coming off the medication.

Had to chime in. I officially am in wonderland. Have been dancing around it for a week. God this feels good!!!!

Had to chime in. I officially am in wonderland. Have been dancing around it for a week. God this feels good!!!!

I am in onederland also. Been 4 days now. Happy Dance.

I also, have not posted in a while because, like Tina, I was quite sick and in back in the hospital. So I got off my exercise routine and will start again today. Still losing weight though, but I am not enjoying any foods. I stay under 600 calories everyday.

Freja, (Meishe) I admire your exercise routine. It is impeccable. I am following you on my fitness pal and you are my role model.

The weight will come off.

I was sleeved Dec. 6 and am down 39 pounds.

All my best to all.

I am in onederland as of this morning and I have been smiling all day! Good bye to the 200's forever!

I also' date=' have not posted in a while because, like Tina, I was quite sick and in back in the hospital. So I got off my exercise routine and will start again today. Still losing weight though, but I am not enjoying any foods. I stay under 600 calories everyday.

Freja, (Meishe) I admire your exercise routine. It is impeccable. I am following you on my fitness pal and you are my role model.

The weight will come off.

I was sleeved Dec. 6 and am down 39 pounds.

All my best to all.[/quote']

I finally broke my stall. That was 5 painful weeks. It turns out, I needed to increase my Protein an Water intake. I also amped up my exercise regimen. Just glad to be going down again! Congratulations on getting to onederland. I will be ecstatic when I get there.

Hi fellow November sleevers! It's awesome to share such a wonderful bond with each one of you. It sounds like everyone is doing great and working really hard, congratulations! As for me, I couldn't be happier. I started my journey at 296 pounds on the date of my pre-op diet, November 4th. Date of surgery was November 19th. Since november 4th, I have lost 71 pounds! I am currently at 225 pounds, the first time I've weighed this in a long time. With a goal weight of 150, I still have a lot of work to go. I've been doing spinning classes at a local gym and have been LOVING THEM. Basically, life is good :)