Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

I so feel like I'm not losing fast enough. Most of the time I'm not hungry but then time for bed and I grab some cheese cubes beef Jerky or almonds. Very hard to get all the liquids In and Proteins. It's 2 pm and I've had 25 GM Protein and 16 oz of liquids. Surgery on 11/20 severe complications that kept me in hospital 5 days then I got the flu so I'm just coming around to eating. I've lost 28 lbs I exercise at work each weekday walking and stair climbing usually for 20 to 30 mins. On weekends I try to go somewhere and walk. Just feeling defeated. Some of you have lost in the 50-60 range with close to the same surgery date. What are you doing that I'm not doing. I'm also obsessed with the scale

I sent you a private message. You may want to do what I'm doing and start weighing once a week. As long as you are going down, don't worry about how fast you are losing. However, you may want to try and get in more protein and definitely more Water. I am drinking at least 8 glasses a day (64 oz) between my meals. I don't drink with my meals (same as band), but I do start my day with drinking a large cup (3 or 4 glasses) before I eat Breakfast. I take my prilosec (doctor gave me enough for 2x a day for 60 days, but I've missed some at night). This ensures me getting in water before noon. I then have the rest of the day to get in the rest. I always have a water bottle with me in the car wherever I go. I work with patients in Physical Therapy so no time to drink that much at work, but I do keep a bottle of water handy, so I can go over and take a sip when my patients want me to get water for them. I was trying to drink this much water before I had surgery, because I notice a difference in my energy level, my skin, and just overall body functions.

I also did not have to do a strict liquid only pre-op. My doctor wanted me to do low carb, high protein and I did that loosely, so I was only down about 1.5 lbs. before my surgery. I feel healthy and I'm losing all over. I've lost pounds but I definitely have shrunk in inches. I didn't measure (dumb me) but my trainer measured me, so I will have measurements now. Again, I decided to free myself from the scale and only do a 1x a week weigh in. I also am not competing against others but concentrating on the lifestyle change and plugging away. The biggest competitor I have is my own former bad habits, emotional eating, etc. These are the things that I need to leave behind!!

Well, keep on plugging away and we WILL reach our goal!!!

I sent you a private message. You may want to do what I'm doing and start weighing once a week. As long as you are going down' date=' don't worry about how fast you are losing. However, you may want to try and get in more Protein and definitely more Water. I am drinking at least 8 glasses a day (64 oz) between my meals. I don't drink with my meals (same as band), but I do start my day with drinking a large cup (3 or 4 glasses) before I eat breakfast. I take my prilosec (doctor gave me enough for 2x a day for 60 days, but I've missed some at night). This ensures me getting in water before noon. I then have the rest of the day to get in the rest. I always have a water bottle with me in the car wherever I go. I work with patients in Physical Therapy so no time to drink that much at work, but I do keep a bottle of water handy, so I can go over and take a sip when my patients want me to get water for them. I was trying to drink this much water before I had surgery, because I notice a difference in my energy level, my skin, and just overall body functions.

I also did not have to do a strict liquid only pre-op. My doctor wanted me to do low carb, high protein and I did that loosely, so I was only down about 1.5 lbs. before my surgery. I feel healthy and I'm losing all over. I've lost pounds but I definitely have shrunk in inches. I didn't measure (dumb me) but my trainer measured me, so I will have measurements now. Again, I decided to free myself from the scale and only do a 1x a week weigh in. I also am not competing against others but concentrating on the lifestyle change and plugging away. The biggest competitor I have is my own former bad habits, emotional eating, etc. These are the things that I need to leave behind!!

Well, keep on plugging away and we WILL reach our goal!!![/quote']

Well said! I concur.

I so feel like I'm not losing fast enough. Most of the time I'm not hungry but then time for bed and I grab some cheese cubes beef Jerky or almonds. Very hard to get all the liquids In and Proteins. It's 2 pm and I've had 25 GM Protein and 16 oz of liquids. Surgery on 11/20 severe complications that kept me in hospital 5 days then I got the flu so I'm just coming around to eating. I've lost 28 lbs I exercise at work each weekday walking and stair climbing usually for 20 to 30 mins. On weekends I try to go somewhere and walk. Just feeling defeated. Some of you have lost in the 50-60 range with close to the same surgery date. What are you doing that I'm not doing. I'm also obsessed with the scale

I swear I am going through the same THING! I'm eating anywhere from 300 to 600 calories a day and walking for at least 30 minutes a day during my lunch break and check the scale everyday. It moves so slowly!! I've lonely lost 30 pounds since 11/20. Congratulations to all those who have had tremendous success. Hopefully I will someday soon be where you are.

I swear I am going through the same THING! I'm eating anywhere from 300 to 600 calories a day and walking for at least 30 minutes a day during my lunch break and check the scale everyday. It moves so slowly!! I've lonely lost 30 pounds since 11/20. Congratulations to all those who have had tremendous success. Hopefully I will someday soon be where you are.

Same boat . Not getting enough Protein or Water. I lost 20 lbs sine 11/14. I know everyone is different, this is not what I expected. Some tell me I'm not eating enough. Not sure if I believe that. Not sure what the problem is. What do you eat!? I eat a big variety of foods. Not getting full often.

I eat cottage cheese, yogurt, hummus, baby bell cheese, string cheese, chicken, eggs and fruit and vegetables. . Also try to get Beans in. Have a few cravings that I'm trying to get over. Good luck to you too.

same problem here. down 33lbs in about 2 months. had sleeve on 11/15. major problems with bm's. i feel like im losing so slow. the scale even said i gained today! im just so frustrated

I was sleeved 11/15/2012 and down 28lbs so far. It's coming off alot faster then when I had the lap band 2 years ago.

Today I was talking to someone who made me feel bad for the amount of weight I lost. At 80plus lbs down I'm down alot more than others whom was sleeved in November. My situation is different b/c I was unknowing starving myself for about 3weeks and once I seem my DR they out me back on track for I need to be doing. On top of that I am blessed to have a cook & a personal trainer who keep me motivated & taking care of myself. I'm not strapped down by a "normal" or anything unlike most ppl which can add stress to the process. I feel like instead of hating be happy for me in how far I have come in my situation is what I told the person. Each persons process is different in I wish nothing but success for everyone those who are sleeved n the ones who are hoping to be. We did this for health needing a tool to help us live a life better than b4. Peace & blessings to you all I wish u continued success in your journey. This forum has given the window to express what in going in my life.

Wow who would be mean. That's awesome. I've lost 55 since 11/14. People loose at different rates. Stay focused on the good and remove the bad is my motivation these days. I would love a cook and trainer but I also think I am learning more by doing it myself. Good for you that you worked hard to get those things. Enjoy your success and your journey. I think it gets more fun every day!!!

Loose the scale!!! I had to as I was obsessed as well. Eating before bed isn't good either as you're metabolism slows way down when you sleep.

Sounds like you aren't getting enough protein. Drink a Protein Shake. I had a 3 week stall and added protein and Water and changed up my exercise everyday. I read that your body will get used to it and slow down. Also do some weight lifting. That will help your metabolism as well.

My weight comes off slow some weeks and in chunks the next. Remember as long as the scale is going DOWN be happy!!! I set mini goals. Right now I am hoping to lose 10 by end if January. I am down 5 so if I can lose the next 5 then I am going to Good Will and look for new jeans????. And if I don't well I will shoot for it still and get the jeans when I get there. (I want to desperately be under 200 and this goal gets me there. What's your goal?

I had my surgery on 11/14 and have lost a total of 34 pounds. He hoped to have a bigger loss but here we are. Walking more and increasing my Protein has helped. It is a journey.

I havent been here in awhile but Im glad to see everybody on the losing end of things Surgery 11-26-13 as of 1-7-13 I am down 30 pound almost in wonderland. I havent been feelin to good though. I can do salad, and fruit, and finally can do milk. However anything else I get like this burning feeling in my stomache like I just drank a shot of tequilla and I was just wondering has anybody else had a feeling like this. I am mostly doing Water and grapes cause my stomache really doesnt like to much else. I did try chocolate once it was the worst never wanna feel like that again in my life. I know im not gettin in what I need either, but I am still losing. I tried to work out was on the elliptical boy that was the worst at 12 minutes I almost died, I stayed for 22 minutes and had to get off.smh...I dont have energy but its cause im not eating but I cant eat I dont know what I should do does anybody have suggestion cause I am hungry, some days I dont even eat just to avoid the bad feeling from eating. I wonder if it could be because I had a herniated esophagues.. Wishing you guys well regardless kick those pounds ASS ladies and gents!

I havent been here in awhile but Im glad to see everybody on the losing end of things Surgery 11-26-13 as of 1-7-13 I am down 30 pound almost in wonderland. I havent been feelin to good though. I can do salad, and fruit, and finally can do milk. However anything else I get like this burning feeling in my stomache like I just drank a shot of tequilla and I was just wondering has anybody else had a feeling like this. I am mostly doing Water and grapes cause my stomache really doesnt like to much else. I did try chocolate once it was the worst never wanna feel like that again in my life. I know im not gettin in what I need either, but I am still losing. I tried to work out was on the elliptical boy that was the worst at 12 minutes I almost died, I stayed for 22 minutes and had to get off.smh...I dont have energy but its cause im not eating but I cant eat I dont know what I should do does anybody have suggestion cause I am hungry, some days I dont even eat just to avoid the bad feeling from eating. I wonder if it could be because I had a herniated esophagues.. Wishing you guys well regardless kick those pounds ASS ladies and gents!

Wondering if your doctor put you on any type of prilosec? My doctor has me taking a type of prilosec (it's in Spanish but the medical name is the same that is on prilosec) in the morning and at night to help reduce acid. If you are not on one, maybe call your doctor and find out if you should be or you can be. Either way, I think you should speak with your physician. I am able to eat everything at this point, even some chocolate (early on rich foods made me feel sick), although I am staying away from it, lol!! Hope this is figured out and you can get to where you are having energy and able to exercise and eat!

One month post op visit today: I have lost 50 pounds in five weeks. (aaaaaiiiiieeeeeee!!!! :Cajun yell:)

Happy for you, but I'd also like to slap you!!! LOL!!! (You men)

One month post op visit today: I have lost 50 pounds in five weeks. (aaaaaiiiiieeeeeee!!!! :Cajun yell:)

Congrats That's good. That's how I was at my 1 month mark and by the 2nd month I was 82lbs.

I was sleeved 11/5. Down 46 lbs since surgery. I had a stall last week. Little discouraging but Im not going to get down about it. I have been exercising 4-5 days a week. Pretty happy with the results thus far