Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Happy New Years everyone!

Mine is starting off great! I started off at a size 20 and yesterday I realized my 16w's were a little big. I tried on a pair of regular 14's and they fit. So ecstatic!

Happy New us!!! Happy New Years sleevers! I am still not hungry, and this is a very interesting state of mind. I have ALWAYS been hungry. (as a child my transitional object was a pork chop) I still prefer the milk/yogurt/2 oz of fruit smoothies to purée de protien. I have already lost two sizes but now there is a tricky part. Everyone is telling me I am acting peculiar (even for me) not focused, I an having difficult sleeping. Anyone else feeling the same or am I having a behavioral issue?

I am down 20 pounds since Dec 6 and it is all above my waist so no problems with clothes. But, I do have the mind thing going on. I can't remember how to spell many words. I can barely write on this site because it doesn't have spell check. That is totally unlike me. I read a lot, I write well. speak well, and read a lot. My NUT says it is the extreme cutback of carbs. That once our mind and bodies assimilate to the new nutrients it will go away. I hope she is right and I hope this applies to you. Best wishes, Ainslee

I am down 20 pounds since Dec 6 and it is all above my waist so no problems with clothes. But' date=' I do have the mind thing going on. I can't remember how to spell many words. I can barely write on this site because it doesn't have spell check. That is totally unlike me. I read a lot, I write well. speak well, and read a lot. My NUT says it is the extreme cutback of carbs. That once our mind and bodies assimilate to the new nutrients it will go away. I hope she is right and I hope this applies to you. Best wishes, Ainslee[/quote']

Wow. Thanks or that information. That is interesting. I will be sleeved in a couple of weeks and will remember this.

This is the first time EVER in my lifetime I have not only lost weight over the holidays (the scale finally budged from a 3 week stall) but also I am feeling energized, enthusiastic and ready for 2013!! I have a goal to try and loss 9 pounds by the end of January... I want to be in Onederland so badly! Is this realistic?

What's going on room. Feeling great finally feeling like me just much much healthier. 85lbs down. Ppl who haven't seen me since b4 the surgery are amazed. I look the same in face but my overall body is much much smaller.

What's going on room. Feeling great finally feeling like me just much much healthier. 85lbs down. Ppl who haven't seen me since b4 the surgery are amazed. I look the same in face but my overall body is much much smaller.

Just curious when did you have your surgery?

Just curious when did you have your surgery?

I had mine 11/7/2012 I'm the Bx

Checking in to say that I am not winning any weightloss races here, but I am consistently losing!! The week of Christmas I had company and baked and cooked a lot and ate everything I wanted (smaller quantities of course) and lost!!! I was a bit surprised as I allowed myself some "goodies". (no lectures please) This week, I've continued to lose and don't feel like I'm dieting, which is the goal, right? This is a lifestyle!! Try to be sure to get in my Protein, drink Water, and am moving more!! Worked out with a trainer on Wednesday, went to the pool Thursday, and will go for a long walk today!! I actually think that adding more calories helped me and the extra movement, as about week 3 and 4 I seemed to be stalled. I'm down 28 lbs. since surgery (Nov. 10). I turn 50 this coming week and this is my year to reach my goal!!!

I'm happy to say I've lost a total of 40 lbs...surgery was 11/6/12. I'm not exercising like I should but I am very strict about only eating 1/4 cup three times a day. I usually just eat what the rest of the family is eating, chilie, beef stew, etc. my goal is to drink more and exercise!

Checking in to say that I am not winning any weightloss races here' date=' but I am consistently losing!! The week of Christmas I had company and baked and cooked a lot and ate everything I wanted (smaller quantities of course) and lost!!! I was a bit surprised as I allowed myself some "goodies". (no lectures please) This week, I've continued to lose and don't feel like I'm dieting, which is the goal, right? This is a lifestyle!! Try to be sure to get in my Protein, drink Water, and am moving more!! Worked out with a trainer on Wednesday, went to the pool Thursday, and will go for a long walk today!! I actually think that adding more calories helped me and the extra movement, as about week 3 and 4 I seemed to be stalled. I'm down 28 lbs. since surgery (Nov. 10). I turn 50 this coming week and this is my year to reach my goal!!! [/quote']

You go girl! I would never judge sounds like you handled the Holidays the same way I did. We have to live also I'm eating in the same way that you are. Surgery was the 20 of November and I'm down about 25.we can stay in touch and keep encouraging each other. I just turned 50 last month so we're in the same boat can't wait to hear from you

Happy New Year to you all!!! I am currently 46 lbs down since 11/19. I did well during the holidays. Had a my Protein which was pork then some butternut squash and that is all I could eat. I stayed away from the goodies but was really craving ginger ale soda but I fought the temptation. I did get sick for the new year...some sort of cold virus which was terrible so I haven't worked out this week, but for Christmas I got money for a trainer so I am excited for that. 2013 will be our year fellow sleevers. Here is to being big losers this year

Today I was talking to someone who made me feel bad for the amount of weight I lost. At 80plus lbs down I'm down alot more than others whom was sleeved in November. My situation is different b/c I was unknowing starving myself for about 3weeks and once I seem my DR they out me back on track for I need to be doing. On top of that I am blessed to have a cook & a personal trainer who keep me motivated & taking care of myself. I'm not strapped down by a "normal" or anything unlike most ppl which can add stress to the process. I feel like instead of hating be happy for me in how far I have come in my situation is what I told the person. Each persons process is different in I wish nothing but success for everyone those who are sleeved n the ones who are hoping to be. We did this for health needing a tool to help us live a life better than b4. Peace & blessings to you all I wish u continued success in your journey. This forum has given the window to express what in going in my life.

Hi! I' m traveling and trying to stay with the soft Proteins as some are still making me sick. 66 now as of yesterday Nd sleeved 2 months ago. Was down 30 pounds but scales don't agree so I'm not sure now if I'm stalled or what.

Not losing in my stomach yet but in my butt. Bought a new top and jeans at the outlet mall. Smaller than I have worn and out of the 200, first time in more years than I can remember!!!

Not losing in my stomach yet but in my butt. Bought a new top and jeans at the outlet mall. Smaller than I have worn and out of the 200' date=' first time in more years than I can remember!!![/quote']

I so feel like I'm not losing fast enough. Most of the time I'm not hungry but then time for bed and I grab some cheese cubes beef Jerky or almonds. Very hard to get all the liquids In and Proteins. It's 2 pm and I've had 25 GM Protein and 16 oz of liquids. Surgery on 11/20 severe complications that kept me in hospital 5 days then I got the flu so I'm just coming around to eating. I've lost 28 lbs I exercise at work each weekday walking and stair climbing usually for 20 to 30 mins. On weekends I try to go somewhere and walk. Just feeling defeated. Some of you have lost in the 50-60 range with close to the same surgery date. What are you doing that I'm not doing. I'm also obsessed with the scale