Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

I've been in a stall since December 3rd. :-( it's starting to get me down..... Anyone break there stall?..... And how did you do it?!?!?!!??!!

I've been in a stall since December 3rd. :-( it's starting to get me down..... Anyone break there stall?..... And how did you do it?!?!?!!??!!

I just did. Add Protein and fluids. Up your exercise. Broke pretty quick once I did that. Watch you salt and days too.

Hello,

I had my sleeve 11/7. I have lost 30# at my 4 week f/u visit this week. I am however completely frustrated with eating. I am completely milk intolerant - can't take Isopure, whey Protein, cheese, yogurt, lacto free milk, etc.

I am just started the soft phase of the diet. I am trying to get small amounts in over several meals but find that I have a 3 tbs limit which just makes it so hard to get the 60-70 grams of protein in each day.

Does anyone have suggestions? Protein Shakes are out of the question since I am completely whey intolerant.

I also had a hiatal hernia repair at the time of my surgery, the NP thought this might me making me have a harder time with eating right now. She said to keep trying to get as much protein as possible.

I would love any suggestions.....

I love the Unjury chicken broth. It is very mils flavored and a like warm soothing temp. Very easy for me.

I also posted in the past about freezing Isopure in to small cubes. I freezw them and take them out other wise they want to stick. I leave them in a tupperware bowl and try not to make more than a days worth. I cannot drink Isopure either.

Hello all,

I haven't checked in for a while, but just wanted to say hi to all Nov Sleevers! I'm just about 1 month out and am loving life! I've lost 30 lbs. and am down a size. WOW! I feel great, have tons of energy and can't wait to go to my first yoga class. I've kind of been just trying out certain foods outside of the soft and moist phase. I have found that adjusting some recipes I can cook again and enjoy a hot meal every evening. Went to see my surgeon yesterday and she told me that I can eat soft veggies, seafood, chicken, ground meats and berries! I told her that I was so sick of Protein Shakes and she suggested that I add Peanut Butter, strawberries or greek yogurt to the shake and blend well. I can't believe my weight loss, and certainly expect things to slow down soon. Hope all is going well with you and that you too are loving life with your sleeves!

Checking in to say that today, two people noticed my weight loss. I've decided to only weigh on Saturdays as it seems my weight loss has slowed down. I broke the stall a week ago but I got on the scale Tuesday and no movement. I was a bit mad at myself for not just waiting until Saturday. Trying to up my Protein, Water, and movement. Will start with my trainer on Monday. I've been walking about 2.25 miles a day and also back to work. I have a physical job where I'm moving a lot. Although I only work 1/2 days, I feel the extra movement will help with the metabolism. Noticed that I'm getting a bit of head hunger for some of my "old trigger foods". Avoiding those as I desperately want to reach my goal by the time I Celebrate my 1 year revision surgery!

Excited about the compliments and have even shared with some people that I had the surgery. I know that some don't want to share this but I decided that at some point as I lose the weight, people are going to ask and well, I don't mind telling them. I'm proud that I did what was necessary to lose weight and get to a healthy size. Don't really care if I'm "judged" for that. I recognize this is a tool and that it's helping me on the road to health, wellness, and looking better! Proud of myself and I thank God that I was able to get the band out and have the sleeve done with no complications!!!

Hello everyone I am a 65 yr old widow from Central NJ and was sleeved on Nov 29th. My goal is to lose 150 lbs and become a "cougar" :) Surgery was Thursday...Friday I'm home feeling wonderful. Then bam...starting Saturday night something hit me...I had a Migraine, nothing staying down pain and misery. It took until Monday to realize the pain and nausea medication was giving me side effects. As soon as I stopped taking them I'm back to normal.

I even went back to work a week early:) In no way shape or form is this an easy fix as many ppl believe....I'm just glad I had the opportunity, an excellant doctor, nutritionist and a family who supports my decision. As we travel on this road to a better life may I just say I never want to hear the words "CLEAR PROTEIN" ever again!

I've always heard that when your at a stall you need to change up what your doing and attempt to speed up your metabolism by exercising more and perhaps something different ride or treadmill , different foods if your sticking with the same thing

Hello everyone I am a 65 yr old widow from Central NJ and was sleeved on Nov 29th. My goal is to lose 150 lbs and become a "cougar" :) Surgery was Thursday...Friday I'm home feeling wonderful. Then bam...starting Saturday night something hit me...I had a Migraine, nothing staying down pain and misery. It took until Monday to realize the pain and nausea medication was giving me side effects. As soon as I stopped taking them I'm back to normal.

I even went back to work a week early:) In no way shape or form is this an easy fix as many ppl believe....I'm just glad I had the opportunity, an excellant doctor, nutritionist and a family who supports my decision. As we travel on this road to a better life may I just say I never want to hear the words "CLEAR PROTEIN" ever again!

You go girl. Don't forget to post pics of all those younger men!

We all have our issues in recovery, I am having plenty. It all gets better.

All my best,

Ainslee

Checking in to say that today, two people noticed my weight loss. I've decided to only weigh on Saturdays as it seems my weight loss has slowed down. I broke the stall a week ago but I got on the scale Tuesday and no movement. I was a bit mad at myself for not just waiting until Saturday. Trying to up my Protein, Water, and movement. Will start with my trainer on Monday. I've been walking about 2.25 miles a day and also back to work. I have a physical job where I'm moving a lot. Although I only work 1/2 days, I feel the extra movement will help with the metabolism. Noticed that I'm getting a bit of head hunger for some of my "old trigger foods". Avoiding those as I desperately want to reach my goal by the time I Celebrate my 1 year revision surgery!

Excited about the compliments and have even shared with some people that I had the surgery. I know that some don't want to share this but I decided that at some point as I lose the weight, people are going to ask and well, I don't mind telling them. I'm proud that I did what was necessary to lose weight and get to a healthy size. Don't really care if I'm "judged" for that. I recognize this is a tool and that it's helping me on the road to health, wellness, and looking better! Proud of myself and I thank God that I was able to get the band out and have the sleeve done with no complications!!!

Awesome news. I am thinking about letting the cat out of the bag when I go back to work. It is going to be so obvious because I am not going back until Feb.

I went to a Christmas party last night. The host is a chef and man it was cruel, the food looked incredible. I brought lots of Decaf tea, Unjury chicken broth and made it. ONe of my coworkers asked me if I was on a diet. I told her yes. No explaination needed.

We'll see.

Best wishes,

Ainslee

The scale is finally moving again. Weighed in at 278 this morning. 8 pounds left to my ultimate Christmas goal. Preop weight was 320, day of surgery 315 so a total of 37 down. My surgery was 11/20/12. Very happy this morning.

Congratulations Tally!! So happy for you.... my scale is slowly starting to move again. I've made it down to 223.8 as of this morning woot woot. May have to reconsider my Christmas goal though, stall kinda zapped the original goal of 199.... so, I'm gonna shoot for 215. Again congratulations and God Bless

Sent from my DROID4 using VST

I was sleeved on nov.8 and to this day my stomach seems to have consistent discomfort. I'm still not eating really Water and maybe a yogurt a day. How are the rest of you all doing.

I learned the hard way that my sleeve and coffee do not mix. I had a small skim milk latte and not even 10 minutes later I felt nauseas and had to run to the bathroom. Thankfully it came out the other end, but it was horrible! Can anyone here handle coffee?

I'm currently testing half caff right now.