Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

I did. I lost 9 lbs the first week after surgery and then gained 4 lbs the next two weeks' date=' eating 600-800 calories per day. I was soooo frustrated.

Now in week four, it is finally coming off. I am back below my lowest post-op weight, and I am knocking on wood that it is going to continue for a while now![/quote']

Thank you for this! It is so encouraging to know that I am not alone in this and we are all going through the same thing.

having a bad week...woke up Monday drained, so fatigued and then I had a low grade fever...but I kept up with my fluids and I threw up this morning...turns out I have a virus...I was around little kids this weekend and they also got sick...so I caught it...fun...I was suppose to start puree foods today but I am holding off till tomorrow or Thursday and I was suppose to start work tomorrow but I have pushed it back till Monday...I miss my students but I have to feel better before I teach them...other then that down 25lbs in 2 weeks....and I am down a size!! Hope evryone else is doing well

having a bad week...woke up Monday drained' date=' so fatigued and then I had a low grade fever...but I kept up with my fluids and I threw up this morning...turns out I have a virus...I was around little kids this weekend and they also got sick...so I caught it...fun...I was suppose to start puree foods today but I am holding off till tomorrow or Thursday and I was suppose to start work tomorrow but I have pushed it back till Monday...I miss my students but I have to feel better before I teach them...other then that down 25lbs in 2 weeks....and I am down a size!! Hope evryone else is doing well[/quote']

Happy for u n sad for u at da same time ......get well soon n yay for da 25 pounds

Congratulations! Feel better!

I finally felt like cooking something .... Made turkey meatballs with a side of Italian seasoned ricotta cheese with basil garlic Tomato sauce and a pinch of shredded cheese.... Baked together and tasted oh so yummy! Granted the portion was teeny tiny but I ate it and feel great!

I totally agree with Tally. I am a week out tomorrow as well. Today, I walked on the treadmill for only 10 minutes, but then walked around my block this evening. I find the binder to be quite helpful. Life gets better every day :-). Be positive and know your boundaries. Walking will make you feel so much better :-)

Hi Bev,

What type of "binder". I'm sure that must help and I would like to have it before my surgery.

Thanks!

Dana

Hi Bev' date='

What type of "binder". I'm sure that must help and I would like to have it before my surgery.

Thanks!

Dana[/quote']

It is a binder they gave me at the hospital. They measured me before I went back and it was on me when I woke up from surgery. It was awesome. It is velcro and cotton. Very comfortable and seemed to hold my insides in place, if that makes sense. Ask your nurse if u can get one if they don't just automatically give you. The same hospital gave me one two years ago when I had a hysterectomy...I didn't wear it then near as much as I did with this surgery.

Good luck!

Oh I saw someone wearing one and when I asked about it they said it was for back surgery :(

Oh I saw someone wearing one and when I asked about it they said it was for back surgery :(

It's called an abdominal binder. You can buy them online or in places like Walgreens, Walmart, etc. Or you can do what I did and get a compression garment. Got mine at Walmart. It's one of those tank tops that smooths out lumps and bumps, etc. it goes along way to helping you move and be somewhat active.

A while ago I posted that if and when I stalled, I'd just accept it and continue on. Well, I am here to tell you that lied, lied, lied!

It's been 8 or 9 days and I am going crazy!! I am behaving really well. I keep my nutrional manual open and follow it to the letter. This morning I gained a pound!!!!!

Yesterday and Saturday I walked 2.5 miles and I am heading out to walk today just as soon as I am finished venting. My poor dogs are getting tried of all this walking. My cheerful disposition has left. I am getting in all my Water. I am not cheating. I am measuring. All I can say is GRRRRRRR!!!!

A while ago I posted that if and when I stalled' date=' I'd just accept it and continue on. Well, I am here to tell you that lied, lied, lied!

It's been 8 or 9 days and I am going crazy!! I am behaving really well. I keep my nutrional manual open and follow it to the letter. This morning I gained a pound!!!!!

Yesterday and Saturday I walked 2.5 miles and I am heading out to walk today just as soon as I am finished venting. My poor dogs are getting tried of all this walking. My cheerful disposition has left. I am getting in all my Water. I am not cheating. I am measuring. All I can say is GRRRRRRR!!!![/quote']

I am UN-eagerly awaiting my stall. All I can say is up your Protein and water. Water will help especially if you're walking. Put your head down and "walk" your way out of this. Do not weigh yourself for a few days. Or a week if you can tolerate it. I know it's hard but just keep on keeping on.

A while ago I posted that if and when I stalled' date=' I'd just accept it and continue on. Well, I am here to tell you that lied, lied, lied!

Yesterday and Saturday I walked 2.5 miles and I am heading out to walk today just as soon as I am finished venting. My poor dogs are getting tried of all this walking. My cheerful disposition has left. I am getting in all my Water. I am not cheating. I am measuring. All I can say is GRRRRRRR!!!![/quote']

Im sooo sorry! I am in one myself, but hopefully it will be over soon since I started kickboxing this week;) how have you been otherwise? Drs appt on Monday! Can't wait to get on there scales;)

I'm not gaining but I am flipping between 219 and 220. I think it's the dreaded 3 week stall!!!

My surgery was 11/20 and I have been at 219 and 220 for a week, very depressing!!! I have a theory that those of us who lost more on the pre-op liquid diet (I lost 14lbs in 12 days) are hitting the stall a little earlier than those who lost slower pre-op. I gained 4 lbs in the hospital from the fluids and lost that plus 6 more. I am following my plan accordingly and have no trouble getting in my Protein and Water.

We need to step back and think "have I been this successful before?" I have lost 24 lbs since November 7 and am very proud of myself. The scale might not be moving, but my body is definitely changing shape. I am loving that my co-workers say "the weight is melting off of you". I have 2 pair of pants that I can wear, one is very baggy. I will be Goodwill shopping this weekend!

My hubby said last night that my "hiney" looks like it did when he met me 33 years ago! I laughed and said imagine how good it will look in 5 months???

Let's all hang in there, one day at a time!!!! Congrats to us for being on the losers bench!!!

My surgery was 11/20 and I have been at 219 and 220 for a week' date=' very depressing!!! I have a theory that those of us who lost more on the pre-op liquid diet (I lost 14lbs in 12 days) are hitting the stall a little earlier than those who lost slower pre-op. I gained 4 lbs in the hospital from the fluids and lost that plus 6 more. I am following my plan accordingly and have no trouble getting in my Protein and Water.< /p>

We need to step back and think "have I been this successful before?" I have lost 24 lbs since November 7 and am very proud of myself. The scale might not be moving, but my body is definitely changing shape. I am loving that my co-workers say "the weight is melting off of you". I have 2 pair of pants that I can wear, one is very baggy. I will be Goodwill shopping this weekend!

My hubby said last night that my "hiney" looks like it did when he met me 33 years ago! I laughed and said imagine how good it will look in 5 months???

Let's all hang in there, one day at a time!!!! Congrats to us for being on the losers bench!!![/quote']

Thanks. We just need to keep each others spirits up. It's gotta move eventually

A while ago I posted that if and when I stalled, I'd just accept it and continue on. Well, I am here to tell you that lied, lied, lied!

Yesterday and Saturday I walked 2.5 miles and I am heading out to walk today just as soon as I am finished venting. My poor dogs are getting tried of all this walking. My cheerful disposition has left. I am getting in all my Water. I am not cheating. I am measuring. All I can say is GRRRRRRR!!!!

And this morning I am up 2 pounds. 500-600 calories a day, walking, drinking. Scientifically impossible, but still true. I am officially the first vertical sleeved, very compliant patient to defy science. Welcome to my pity party. Bring your own water.