Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

November 27th in St. Louis. No pain, swelling or nausea. Amazing experience. Lost 130lbs during the 6 months prior to surgery. Hope to lose another 185lbs

Thanks! Yes WE can!!!!! How are you doing?

other than this right side pain I'm good .....n u ??

Anyone else just not interested at alllllllllll in eating? I have no nausea.... No vomiting..... Water and Protein going down fine (as long as I remember) but ZERO interest in food...... I'm not complaining.... I'd rather this than be craving all my old comfort foods.... But I'm trying to figure out what's going on!

Anyone else just not interested at alllllllllll in eating? I have no nausea.... No vomiting..... Water and Protein going down fine (as long as I remember) but ZERO interest in food...... I'm not complaining.... I'd rather this than be craving all my old comfort foods.... But I'm trying to figure out what's going on!

Me!!!!!! I have to make myself eat n drink

Me!!!!!! I have to make myself eat n drink

I'm so relieved! Everywhere I look people are so happy to move to puréed food or to soft foods.... I've had the ok for ground soft foods and well chewed crackers even and I just have no interest whatsoever!! I need to start eating but jeez.... Why bother? Lol

i guess that's most of us. When i got switched over to mushy i did all this food shopping and it's like i don't want to make any of it or see it. Today I made shelly's ricotta bake and got down 1.3 oz. I don't know what's wrong but i'm scared i'm not getting eenough in.

I'm not interested in eating either and for once in my life I have to remember to eat! It's awesome!!

Was sleeved nov. 6th, and I can finally get almost a 1/4 cup down....it's such a waste cause you either have left overs for 2 weeks or you toss a lot of food. Who wants to eat the same thing over and over when you're not hungry to begin with? I've yet to get my calories over 400 a day including my Protein Shakes. It's crazy!

other than this right side pain I'm good .....n u ??

I am doing great the only complaint I have is periodic hives in different areas. No where near my incisions but everywhere else. No pain anymore. Is yours gas? If it is, walking or standing helped me expel it. Mine was always right sided as well. Have you advanced to full liquids? shakes, or thinned fat free cream Soups? I tried my first little bit of Soup two nights ago and put pepper on it BIG mistake! My stomach burned all night. I thought I was on fire.

I was sleeved Nov. 30th and so far no complaints. Been getting down 35oz so far.... warm liquids much better than cold. Still on clear liquid diet.... down 7 lbs woot woot

Has anyone else gained weight when they went to the soft food phase of the post op diet?

I don't understand how it's possible. I'm still eating less then 600 calories a day and walking.

Hey everybody things are looking up I am feeling soooooooooo much better. I have had my ups and downs but so far things are going really good. The weight lost is going good. I went into surgery at 233 pounds and then after surgery I was 247(NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT) I am home now and good and happy to say as of yesterday being a week out of surgery I am 232 POUNDS! So from Nov 26th to Dec 3 I have lost 15 pounds so I am happy with that, As from beginning weight of 233 im down to 232 which is only a pound but its not 241 any more. When I see 229 I think Im going to tap dance...lol...I wish everybody well on their journey and continue to chime in....NOVEMBER BABY WE WINNING!!!

Has anyone else gained weight when they went to the soft food phase of the post op diet?

I don't understand how it's possible. I'm still eating less then 600 calories a day and walking.

Bayou your body is probably holding on to whatever it can to compensate Im sure your weight loss will begin once it gets used to something new. I am on liquids for a month and then pureed food after that for two weeks and then soft food for two weeks after and then on to trying regular food. I have tried a shrimp or crab just to chew but have paid for it. I just say stick to your plan it will all get better in the coming time...Keep us informed im sure somebody will have some info for you!

I did. I lost 9 lbs the first week after surgery and then gained 4 lbs the next two weeks, eating 600-800 calories per day. I was soooo frustrated.

Now in week four, it is finally coming off. I am back below my lowest post-op weight, and I am knocking on wood that it is going to continue for a while now!

I'm not gaining but I am flipping between 219 and 220. I think it's the dreaded 3 week stall!!!