Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

My surgery is scheduled for November 12th. I'm on the 2 week pre-op diet right now. Thanks for sharing your experience. It's nice to know what to expect from someone who has experienced it.

My sleeve sister!

Trying to get through as many post as I can, I will eventually just got my surgery date today!!! NOVBER 29, 2012 it is :))))

So excited my name is Michelle 31 from Los Angeles, CA I'm the San Fernando valley single mother of 2, JJ just turned 12 yesterday and Lia is 4 1/2. I almost had the lapland in Mexico 2 years ago While unemployed, but then I got a really good job offer and has to put it on hold and I'm so glad I did because I now believe that the sleeve is the best thing for me. I've always struggled with weight even at my thinnest I weighed in at 145-150 way heavier than my skinny friends now I can only hope to get in onderland. I look forward to getting ready for the rest of life as an active person and enjoy many activities with my children and not have to worry that they will be picked on because I'm overweight.... There are so many great ideas on this thread I will continue reading and preparing for the big day :))))

Dear November Sleevers:

Well guys, there seems to a be a trend in here lately. Why is everyone so frightened? You are doing something very positive to preserve the quanity as well as the quality of your life! This decision to have WLS is a proactive one and not one made in the middle of an acute medical crisis. Yes it is major surgery! However, the risks are very low and I would venture to say that most of our surgeons are very experienced and competent. Mine has told me that he, to date, has never lost anyone in surgery, and that he doesn't begin to start now (with me lol) .

I am having a struggle getting back to the 4 weeks of the pre-op diet again and getting back into the groove with my exercise routine. I had surgery about 5 weeks ago and am feeling a lot better from my hernia surgery, but I managed to rip the toenail of my big toe. This means I can't wear a shoe to allow me to use my cross-trainer. Nothing is ever simple is it. I hope that I can get myself back on the diet over this weekend. My surgery date will be here soon enough. I need to get my act together quick. The 29th of November will be here soon enough. I am happy that the surgery is sooner rather than later. I have had 4 surgical procedures in the last 2 years. I guess that's why I am not afraid of the surgery. I am happy with my decision, so should all of us be. Stay strong my friends and be well!

Karen

I can't believe it's November! I start my pre op diet Sunday- 6 Optifast shakes a day! Surgery all set for November 19th :) it can't possibly come soon enough!!!!!

Let's enjoy the first month of our "new lives" November sleevers!!!!

<3

2 days 22 hrs and 20 minsdde33dde03dde33

oh my god, me too! I'm in full panic mode!

oh my god' date=' me too! I'm in full panic mode![/quote']

You're going to do amazing! There is no need to panic. It is going to be what it's going to be. Just let life take you where it will. Enjoy the ride. Hugs!

To all my November sleevers...November is here!!! Finally we made it! I just wanted to wish everyone here a safe and speedy recovery and I pray that all doubt fear and anxiety are replaced with excitement, confidence and pure joy for this your new journey. This is a big deal and I'm excited for all of us who decided to take this step to being a healthier you. I'm 1 week from getting my sleeve...yes I'm nervous, but I'm ready :) You all have been an incredible support group for me in more ways that I can type (lol). I hope that we can continue to support each other through this journey. For those of you on Youtube, I have created a channel to capture my wls journey. You can find me at ChallengeMeVerticaly. I'm still a newbie to youtube so bare with me.

Now lets get ready to rock these sleeves out!!!!

I start pre-op tomorrow! AHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Its time to get it in!!! I am really interested to hear about your experience and how well you do with weight loss as I am a revision as well!

I start pre-op on Tuesday. I'm getting more antsy every day. Lol!

Me too! It was rough at first. I am just trying to find a shake I can live with for the next 5 weeks!

My surgery date is November 12th. I've on the pre-op diet since Monday (2 Protein Shakes a day, low fat/carb dinner, and one sugar free snack a day). I'm not really nervous about the surgery. I'm excited and read for the 12th to get here. I don't like this pre-op diet. I have had a slight headache since starting it, but I know it will all be worth it in the end. I'm sure the night before, I will be a ball of nerves though.

Me too! It was rough at first. I am just trying to find a shake I can live with for the next 5 weeks!

I drink Beverly International (both Cookies & cream and chocolate). I love them. I mix the powder with super skim milk. They taste really, really good. I put a small amount of Peanut Butter in the chocolate ones. I also add ice sometimes.

I drink Beverly International (both Cookies & cream and chocolate). I love them. I mix the powder with super skim milk. They taste really, really good. I put a small amount of Peanut Butter in the chocolate ones. I also add ice sometimes.

Your pre op is a little easier. I can't have anything but shakes..... <_<

Omg! I didn't think November would ever get here but now with just two weeks to go I think I'm getting scared! : /

I hear you! Have you started your pre-op? I have just started. I'm not totally clear on what is allowed. I think I'll have to talk to the nutritionist....