Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Hi MsShaunaMarie, we are being sleeved the same day;) and I am also from Ohio! What part?

Congrats on a date!

Hey Jess Im from the cleveland area, I live in twinsburg! you? and thank congrats too you as well!!!

Hey Jess Im from the cleveland area' date=' I live in twinsburg! you? and thank congrats too you as well!!![/quote']

I have always wanted to go there! I have a twin brother;) I have clients that go every year, there identical twins!

I am from nw Ohio, tiny little town, but I think your only about 3 hours away!

I love that I found someone somewhat close to me that has the same date! That's awesome

I have always wanted to go there! I have a twin brother;) I have clients that go every year, there identical twins!

I am from nw Ohio, tiny little town, but I think your only about 3 hours away!

I love that I found someone somewhat close to me that has the same date! That's awesome

3 hrs away that is not bad at all! we should find each other on Facebook and chat, how far along are you in this whole process, are you just waiting for surgery day like me now?

Hi November sleeves! I was originally suppose to be sleeved in October but was pushed back to November. My date is November 14th! It can't come fast enough. I was a bit sad it's right before Thanksgiving at first, but I don't really mind missing the holiday this year if it means getting healthy lol I'll just make myself some turkey stock and call that my thanksgiving feast lol

Hi November sleeves! I was originally suppose to be sleeved in October but was pushed back to November. My date is November 14th! It can't come fast enough. I was a bit sad it's right before Thanksgiving at first' date=' but I don't really mind missing the holiday this year if it means getting healthy lol I'll just make myself some turkey stock and call that my thanksgiving feast lol[/quote']

We are sister sleevers! I am also the 14th! Congrats!

My surgery is noe definitely scheduled for November 8th. I am on the second day of my Optifast diet. It's hard. But, I am doing it. Anyone else in my shoes?

We are sister sleevers! I am also the 14th! Congrats!

Yay sleeve sister! :D So excited!

New Jersey here' date=' Valley Hospital. Just got my date, November 6.

[/quote']

Congratulations!!! 3 days before my surgery. We got this

Not yet but we're here for you! When it gets hard, just send out a post to us. We support your efforts! You can do this!

My surgery is noe definitely scheduled for November 8th. I am on the second day of my Optifast diet. It's hard. But' date=' I am doing it. Anyone else in my shoes?[/quote']

Congratulations on ur date! I'm on the 9th! I don't have to do a pre op however I'm doing on to help transition mentally. Protein Shakes and liquids start on Monday. We can and will do this:)

Hello November Sleevers. My name is Christina. My sleeve date is 11/12. I feel like I might be older than most at 61. I am pretty nervous, yet excited. I've chosen not to tell most people, except for my closest friends and family. Not telling my elderly dad. He'd be so supset and worried.

Like alot of you, I am a WW failure, also I flunked HCG, HMR(hospital supervised with their shakes and food), cabbage Soup, slimfast, sensa, juicing (I like juicing) Atkins, sparkpeople.com. You name it, I tried it. It didn't work.

Before kids, I was a runner (40 miles a week),118 lbs. no diet needed. I added maybe 10 pounds a year after kids. I want it gone, I want to be in control of my weight, I want to have the desire and ability to exercise regulaly. I want to not hide from cameras. I want to walk in a room without scanning it to see if I am the fattest person in the room. I want this to work. I get it that it's just a tool. I am willing and able to follow the rules so this tool should work. I hope so.

Wow. I'm not the only mature (age, not attitude) getting sleeved in November. YAY! 61 and counting this as my rebirth as well. I have a good 25 to 30 years of active living left and I (you too) am going to live them healthier and thinner than the last 25 years!

Sadly, I'm mature too! I've wasted my entire life being fat -- I'm hoping this will be the start of my second "birth".....

Hi November sleeves! I was originally suppose to be sleeved in October but was pushed back to November. My date is November 14th! It can't come fast enough. I was a bit sad it's right before Thanksgiving at first, but I don't really mind missing the holiday this year if it means getting healthy lol I'll just make myself some turkey stock and call that my thanksgiving feast lol

Awesome Im also Nov 14th :)

Christina,

I am also 61. Thank you so much for sharing your feelings. I was so moved that I read them to a small group of work friends. Which led to a very nice discussion about weight. One woman said she always thought heavy people felt the same as thinner people. The fact that you walk into a room and "size up the crowd" was a learning experience. Then I shared my thoughts too. Like tonight on the bus on the way home from work. The only seat left was one in the middle of 2 fat people. So I stood up. I was tired. I had worked on my feet for 5 hours. Last week, I was sitting in one of those 3 person seats and 2 heavy people squeezed in all I could imagine, was how funny we must have looked and maybe the bus would tip over, haha. I also can't wait to want to be in a picture again. I had some friends come to visit and they took pics and they posted them on FB. I nearly died. I was outed to all the people who had only known me as thin. Terrible. Well, all of that will soon be over. I wish we were closer in surgery dates.

Anyone else, the last week of November?

I have to loose 10 more pounds before my surgery. But, I am thinking about doing a green liquid fast. Because, I want to save the thicker stuff for after surgery. the Doctor doesn't care how I loose the 10 only that I do.