Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What I Ate On Vacation (Sleeved July 2Nd)

We were sleeved the same day and you are doing great! I need to start calculating what I eat but it is so minimal that I haven't done so yet. I really focus on Protein like you. This morning I had a Protein Shake and crystal light that I have mixed in with a Protein Powder. I had Beans last night with ground turkey. You are doing great...Keep up the good work!

My normal days are different...this was my vacation with my husband. Today I had a scrambled egg for Breakfast, 3 oz of boiled shrimp for lunch and half of a chicken burger patty (ground chicken breast and seasonings I made myself!) with a tablespoon of guacamole.

Most days I eat some form of fish.....I try to get my 60-70g of Protein a day. What do you see a normal day for you after surgery?

Not sure. 1 have 5 stages of food one week each for a post of diet, clear, full, mushy, soft, then a very gradual introduction of food. I was told no beef for a while, bread like substance should be lite slice must be toasted...i mean it seems pretty strict, I don't think I would be able to eat egg rolls, or quiche lorraine, tacos until at least 6 months out. Just going by my surgeons requirements

I am 4 weeks out from lapband to sleeve revision I am starting to try different regular foods. I get full after only 2-3 bites . I get nauseus often. It's hard to get used to eating real food after almost 5 years with the lap band.and a diet of crackers and ice cream. Even though I can only eat very small amounts. It feels great to be able to eat real food

I am 6 weeks out and I still have problems with nausea and vomiting sometimes. Even though I eat slow, I never know if I'm going to get the nausea, then foamies and pain in my esophagus and then throw up. Tonight I had a few bites I the chopped chicken from Garbanzo's and I had to stop eating because I got nauseous. Other ones I have no problem eating. I have been eating regular food since week four. I went out to eat with my family and had 3 bites of a cheese omelette and 1/2 piece of toast. I just wish food didn't cause me so much anxiety over eating.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

It's funny how each surgeon has different requirements. Mine, like someone else who posted, said I'd be virtually food free for 5weeks postoperative. It goes through stages and starts with clear liquid ending with soft food. Each stage lasting a week or longer if not tolerated well. Also, No RED meats for 1year.and no bread like EVER. Makes me wonder how much is medical fact and how much is opinion. I'm getting nervous and go tomorrow to possibly get my date.

I look forward to eating a variety like you! Good luck , it sounds like you're doing wonderfully. :)

I will be 5 weeks romorow and can already be on a healthy balanced diet. Was one week clear then next week full liquids. Then four days purée followed with one week soft. And now anything. But just testing and no trying to over do it

I was allowed red meat when I was allowed solid foods wwhy do some doctors say not for a year. I have been lucky I have never gotten sick or the slimes. I eat steak, burgers no bun I have not tried bread or Pasta the only time I had rice was on sushi no potatoes either or sugar I am 4 months out

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

I was allowed red meat when I was allowed solid foods wwhy do some doctors say not for a year. I have been lucky I have never gotten sick or the slimes. I eat steak' date=' burgers no bun I have not tried bread or Pasta the only time I had rice was on sushi no potatoes either or sugar I am 4 months out

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST[/quote']

My doctor never said no red meat. When I was having trouble getting Protein Shakes down, they had me start softs early and I told them I had been eating chili and they were fine with that because it was a good source of Protein. I'm almost 4 weeks out and have had no trouble tolerating red meat.

I've been lucky too. No vomiting, very little nausea, no sliming. My doctor said you're basically healed and out of "leak" danger at 3 weeks, though you continue to heal over time. It's all a matter of what you can tolerate. My NUT said the point is to get in the nutrition, not to starve, and to just make sure you chew really well and eat slowly. I've glad my doctor and NUT have been so flexible - I never would have survived on liquids for 5 weeks! They were goin right through me and I don't have the kind of job where I can run to the bathroom every 5 minutes!

TLP I have often wondered the same thing. The surgeons differ so much. I have eaten bread (1/2 piece). I've even had a small piece if cheese pizza. I believe in everything in moderation an as long as I get a minimum of 65 grams of Protein in. I think people react differently to bread and beef. I tolerate them but I have to get up an moving after I eat them because they sit heavy in my sleeve. I say eat slow, try things slowly and see what works for you.

Well....I've been researching a lot, and what I came up with is that, what u can & can't eat depends on a number of factors, first, ur operation whether it was surgery or by lapriscope. Then the size of the removed portion of your stomach, that differs from one person to another, and ur surgeon decides that..... and last, ur body tolerance.... I'm in my 7th week prior, and could eat what most sleevers couldn't... At first I was upset and thought there was something wrong with my surgery, but then I learned that not all sleevers turn out the same way :)

I am 6 weeks out and I still have problems with nausea and vomiting sometimes. Even though I eat slow' date=' I never know if I'm going to get the nausea, then foamies and pain in my esophagus and then throw up. Tonight I had a few bites I the chopped chicken from Garbanzo's and I had to stop eating because I got nauseous. Other ones I have no problem eating. I have been eating regular food since week four. I went out to eat with my family and had 3 bites of a cheese omelette and 1/2 piece of toast. I just wish food didn't cause me so much anxiety over eating.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I am so sick of the nausea. It seems since I have progressed to more normal foods (which haven't been many) that I stay nauseated. Drinking Water even nauseates me. So if I am not fighting nausea most days lately, I am also battling Constipation.

I am 6 weeks post op today. Epic sadness right now.

I know what ur going through.....besides you, I still have problems with protein... meat, chicken and fish... can't eat more than 2 or 3 bites, then I feel very nauseated and want to throw up. Tried eating spaghetti but threw it up after a while, I think because it's not easy to chew, it just slides down ur throat.... but I can eat toast, omelets, and almost everything else.

I know what ur going through.....besides you' date=' I still have problems with protein... meat, chicken and fish... can't eat more than 2 or 3 bites, then I feel very nauseated and want to throw up. Tried eating spaghetti but threw it up after a while, I think because it's not easy to chew, it just slides down ur throat.... but I can eat toast, omelets, and almost everything else.[/quote']

I guess we will just have to hang in there and I am sure we will move past this but being nauseated all the time or on the verge of throwing up is getting old.

I was also sleeved in July. Been doing good with different foods. Still not doing any breads. talked with my dr today and was told just listen to my body. Told me the sleve is well passed healed and not to worrie about leaking.So We have been going out to eat and I had some " chard broiled oysters" sleave loved it and so did I.... Lol. Plus it's great to eat what I want. and i get to bring the rest home for lunch and diner the next night.

Oysters are one of my favorites!!!