Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here From Oklahoma!

Hey all! I just had my surgery on Tuesday and I feel like I could die. I'm jealous of everyone that says the feel great. I am 35/F preop weight was 244.5 at my last dr visit. I don't remember what it was the morning of surgery because I was already sick before then, my husband drove me to the hospital that morning and I laid the seat back with my eyes covered the whole way there. :-(

Anyway, so here I am only 4 days post op and I feel no energy, tired, and how in the hell am I gonna make it the rest of the 2 weeks, or 10 days. I'm feeling very discouraged at this point. I'm barely getting in my liquids, in fact getting nowhere close to what they want me to be at and these Protein Drinks and crap my husband bout from them taste like spit! It's already 1/2 after four pm and I've maybe had a little over 20 oz.

I just want the 10 days to pass ASAP so I can start adding in foods again. I'm hungry. Can we have milk products? I wanna make some sort of smoothie! lol

At 4 days post op, my program had us on full liquids. You might try making some cream Soups, cream of chicken or mushroom, using milk instead of Water as the base. Make sure you strain the solids out and drink only the cream. We could also eat sugar free pudding and yogurt, as long as we didn't eat the solid fruits.

Fellow Oklahoman here! Where'd you have your surgery?

Weight wise in Edmond.

Awesome! I'm in the midst of pre-op with Dr. Broussard. Hoping for September surgery.

Dr. Broussard is my Dr.! I work for Mercy Hospital so I only had to see them for 90 days before surgery though it took longer! My first visit to see the Dr was March 24 I believe! I just had my surgery Tuesday. I am miserable right now do don't listen to me! ;-)

You drive up from Tulsa? Well I guess I'm not much better I live in southern ok! Lol it's a good 1.5 drive there to Edmond.

You drive up from Tulsa? Well I guess I'm not much better I live in southern ok! Lol it's a good 1.5 drive there to Edmond.

Yeah, but it's not too bad. I'm self-pay so I don't have as many requirements. Had my first consult about 3 wks ago, dietician/exercise/psych last week. I see the Dr again on the 27th and I'm hoping to get my date then. My biggest obstacle is that he's making me lose 10% of my weight: 36 lbs! I'm down 11 so here's hoping.

Hey all! I just had my surgery on Tuesday and I feel like I could die. I'm jealous of everyone that says the feel great. I am 35/F preop weight was 244.5 at my last dr visit. I don't remember what it was the morning of surgery because I was already sick before then' date=' my husband drove me to the hospital that morning and I laid the seat back with my eyes covered the whole way there. :-(

Anyway, so here I am only 4 days post op and I feel no energy, tired, and how in the hell am I gonna make it the rest of the 2 weeks, or 10 days. I'm feeling very discouraged at this point. I'm barely getting in my liquids, in fact getting nowhere close to what they want me to be at and these Protein drinks and crap my husband bout from them taste like spit! It's already 1/2 after four pm and I've maybe had a little over 20 oz.

I just want the 10 days to pass ASAP so I can start adding in foods again. I'm hungry. Can we have milk products? I wanna make some sort of smoothie! lol[/quote']

Hi Jessica. Hang in there. I reckon day 4 was the worst day for me. Can I suggest that you don't worry about the Protein for now. Staying hydrated is far more important in week 1 than protein is. I had trouble getting liquid in to, so I set my alarm/stop watch to go off every 15mins then I drank 30ml of Water. This method worked absolute wonders and each day I just increased the amt. However by day 6/7 I was drinking fine and didn't need the alarm.

Once you can handle the Water then move to protein. I'm day 11 post op and returning to work tomorrow.

Hope you find some comfort soon. Each day truly does get easier.

My liquid diet included smoothies, however they must be strained and have no lumps or seeds etc. Mind you milk drinks don't go down to easy.

Jessica--how are you doing now? I was sleeved on 10/23 by Dr. B as well. And I work for Mercy :) since u said u drive from SW ok, I'm assuming Ardmore? I work at OKC! Hope you are feeling better now.

Hi! Just thought I'd say hello! I'm in Oklahoma as well! (I went to MX though.) I had my surgery 9/27. I am still having a difficult time with liquid intake. Water makes me feel sick. Which really is sad! I love water! Going to try to set a timer tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. :P

Glad there are others from OK. Being sleeved on 10/27....having a hard time giving up soda...ugh