Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goal In One Year! With Video Slide Show Of The Journey!

Thanks for sharing...what an awesome video! You look so happy and really great in a bikini!!! What a transformation! This has inspired me so much! I hope I can be as successful (I'm scheduled for Oct. 8th). :D

You can do this too! It has been a roller coaster of emotion, going through the stalls and wondering if I was done losing, trying to believe the dream wasn't over yet.. I hung in there and kept on keeping on and I made it. You can too.. just keep in mind the end result and you will push through those plateaus! They are a necessary part of the process. I had plenty of them.. you can look in my signature and see that there were months with only a 3 pound loss and I was lucky to get that! I want you to believe in yourself, put yourself first for a change and enjoy the ride!!! You can do it girl!

Wow! Awesome! And what a sweet guy you have there. I'd venture to say he's a proud hubby..and he should be, you're beautiful with a smile to match. : )

Ok...that video was awesome and so inspirational. Congrats.

Wow! What an amazing journey! Thank you forsharing it with us.

That was awesome journey video....it made me cry...thank those loved ones and friends who keep us going! Bless you, you are beautiful! Before and after! xox

That was great! I love the song your hubby chose as well. Can I ask what was your starting weight? Your journey is so encouraging. I am 4 weeks out. I stalled for two weeks at only one week out, which broke my heart as I realized that perhaps I was one of those that woukd lose weight with great difficulty. My starting weight was 260. Seeing your videi makes me think there is hope. Thanks for sharing.

That was great! I love the song your hubby chose as well. Can I ask what was your starting weight? Your journey is so encouraging. I am 4 weeks out. I stalled for two weeks at only one week out, which broke my heart as I realized that perhaps I was one of those that woukd lose weight with great difficulty. My starting weight was 260. Seeing your videi makes me think there is hope. Thanks for sharing.

I am 5'4 and I started at 234. You will see in the video that two weeks after surgery, I had a kidney stone that nearly killed me! I was in the hospital for a week near death, kidneys were blocked by a huge stone. I had a second surgery on my left kidney and a stent placed. Notice the extremely swollen face! I emerged from that hospital stay bigger than I started on my preop liquid diet at 236. It was like starting over at three weeks out from surgery. I was very sad about that. I stuck to Protein first, tried hard to get liquids in for fear of another stone, mostly, and just took it one day at a time. I tracked my intake so I could be sure I was getting as much Protein as possible for the first few months especially. I never really got the 70 grams until much later in the journey, though I did try. I could not eat but a few bites at a time. I have great restriction. I had a bunch of plateaus along the way. You can see in my signature there were months where I hardly lost.. 3 pounds per month for some of them. I thought it was close to over for me in June/July because I really didnt lose much and I would gain that back and lose it again. I kicked it in high gear these last three weeks, lowered my carbs to 30 and it took an extra 7-8 pounds and I acheived my goal of making goal by one year. I am going to continue at about 50-60 gr of carbs for the next few months in hopes of reaching 125 by November so I can have plastic surgery. I want to have a lower body lift and I want to be below goal so I have some room to bounce back 10 pounds. My dr. says we will bounce back about 10 over the next couple of years so need to go below goal alittle so we can maintain the weight we want ultimately. That is my plan.

You can do this. Just take it one day at a time and dont let the scale control your emotions. The stalls are a necessary part of the journey. Your body must stop and wait every so often, like having rest time, in between drops in weight. Its normal and it doesnt mean you are done or this wont work for you or you will be a slow loser. It means you are doing it right and you must have faith. Eat your protein first always and that is all you really need to remember. If you do that, you wont have room for junk and chips and crap and the weight will fall off, trust me. Enjoy the journey and keep the faith! best wishes, Tammi

I am 5'4 and I started at 234. You will see in the video that two weeks after surgery' date=' I had a kidney stone that nearly killed me! I was in the hospital for a week near death, kidneys were blocked by a huge stone. I had a second surgery on my left kidney and a stent placed. Notice the extremely swollen face! I emerged from that hospital stay bigger than I started on my preop liquid diet at 236. It was like starting over at three weeks out from surgery. I was very sad about that. I stuck to Protein first, tried hard to get liquids in for fear of another stone, mostly, and just took it one day at a time. I tracked my intake so I could be sure I was getting as much Protein as possible for the first few months especially. I never really got the 70 grams until much later in the journey, though I did try. I could not eat but a few bites at a time. I have great restriction. I had a bunch of plateaus along the way. You can see in my signature there were months where I hardly lost.. 3 pounds per month for some of them. I thought it was close to over for me in June/July because I really didnt lose much and I would gain that back and lose it again. I kicked it in high gear these last three weeks, lowered my carbs to 30 and it took an extra 7-8 pounds and I acheived my goal of making goal by one year. I am going to continue at about 50-60 gr of carbs for the next few months in hopes of reaching 125 by November so I can have plastic surgery. I want to have a lower body lift and I want to be below goal so I have some room to bounce back 10 pounds. My dr. says we will bounce back about 10 over the next couple of years so need to go below goal alittle so we can maintain the weight we want ultimately. That is my plan.

You can do this. Just take it one day at a time and dont let the scale control your emotions. The stalls are a necessary part of the journey. Your body must stop and wait every so often, like having rest time, in between drops in weight. Its normal and it doesnt mean you are done or this wont work for you or you will be a slow loser. It means you are doing it right and you must have faith. Eat your protein first always and that is all you really need to remember. If you do that, you wont have room for junk and chips and crap and the weight will fall off, trust me. Enjoy the journey and keep the faith! best wishes, Tammi[/quote']

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I cried. Actually, still am. It just seems so incredible that something good like this will happen to me. Thank you for taking the time to talk to me. Hugs.

Girl you rocked that bikini. Congrats on your success your really a great inspiration. I absolutely loved the video.

Wow, that is so sweet and so incredible and it brought tears to my eyes. You look amazing and so happy. You seem to have had an amazing, supportive husband. Which is the beauty of it all. Going down this road with the people that love you and care about you. Congratulations on making it to goal.

I am so happy for you! Congratulations and enjoy the new you!

:P

What a wonderful slideshow of your journey - makes me think maybe I should take some photos during this process rather than hide from the camera like usual :) Your journey is very inspirational - hope I can be close to those 130's this time next year.

Thanks for sharing, and your hubby is a sweetie for putting that together.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us I am sure you renewed hope for many people

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

Oh thank you for sharing - You look beautiful in a bikini! Thank you to Dave for allowing us all a look at your transformation - a picture really is worth a thousand words:)

Congratulations I am so proud of you!! Loved the video of your journey!