Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok Let The Hair Loss Begin

Went to get my hair done to***ht my friend who is also my hairdresser told me I lost about half my hair I thought it looked thinner the funny thing I have been getting so many compliments on my hair recently . I am also growing new hair so I guess I can live with it. Glad I had alot of hair to begin with

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

It really bites! I've been reassured so many times that the loss will slow down soon, but every day I get sick to my stomach watching so much of it fall out!

BTW - I love your new avatar picture!

I'm thinking hair extensions.... I have a lot of hair but it is very fine. My friend that is a hairdresser suggested it. We shall see.... I might just cut it all off!

Is it inevitable? Does Hair loss happen to everyone?

From what I have read it happens to most everyone to one degree or another around the 4 month mark. I have started all my Vitamins preop, plus Biotin. Not sure if it will help but it sure can't hurt. I also went and got my hair cut and layered all over and it looks really thick now. I color my hair on a regular basis, I am thinking I will color it right before surgery and try to make it last as long as possible. Just my thoughts ...

staring to lose mine also :-(

This is the 2nd post I've seen where the forum *** out the letters "n-i-g" in basic words like "to***ht" -- isn't that odd?

Yep, hair loss sucks. Thankfully mine has thinned, but it's not really obvious to most people besides me and my husband b/c he witnesses the small furry, lumps on the bathroom floor.

I saw the posts with the to***ht weird

Happening to me too. Thank goodness I have a lot to begin with cause it's coming out like crazy. When is it supposed to stop or atleast slow down?

I lost some starting at 3.5 months out. It was traumatizing at the time. But I look normal and always did. It's just hard to see so much hair in the drain and brush. It will be ok! You will not go bald and if you lose hair it does grow back!

A friend of mine is seven months post and she hasn't experienced much hair loss at all. It probably is partly genetics and the rest is the amount of Protein and Vitamin consistency.

Oh, and the ***ht....it's a filter on the sight that keeps profanity and slurs in check. So, even though a ton of people posting type in n i g h t it will bleep the n - i - g of n i g h t because it is detecting it as a "slur". Clearly there are some flaws in the filter!

I am hoping it won't be more than post pregnancy. With fine hair, I have found that if I go blonder, it appears thicker. I have my color all planned out. Probably having my color done around the 2 month post op, probably a few more foils.

I lost some starting at 3.5 months out. It was traumatizing at the time. But I look normal and always did. It's just hard to see so much hair in the drain and brush. It will be ok! You will not go bald and if you lose hair it does grow back!

Thanks for the inspiration! I'll hold on to any glimmer that I can at this point!! :-D

I went to the dermatologist yesterday about my already thinning hair. Seems its hereditary....yay! Anyway, she said massive weight loss will cause you to lose hair. I asked about Protein intake (because even at 2 months out I still don't get 60 grams a day) and she said that doesn't really cause your hair to fall out. She said to take the Biotin and another Vitamin called AG Pro which is some type of amino acids. She also suggested using men's rogaine once I'm done having kids.

Thought some of you might find the use of the AG Pro helpful!