Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Do I Do It?

i get those urges too.. i took a bite of a nugget and immediately had to throw up.. thank God for the sleeve or else i would have chowed down the whole danmn bucket

On 8/1/2012 at 6:55 PM, UTGal99 said:

No, I have not been sleeved yet. I am expecting to have surgery in late September/early October. I just can't imagine why I would do such a thing. I know it is not right and I am trying to change my ways. Ay yi yi - what a process! Old habits really do die hard!

you did it because it tastes good and thats what you have done in the past. You are still working on yourself. Once sleeved you probably will have difficulty eating one of those.

Lol me too! I crave pizza have one bite and then only eat the toppings! But I have been there as well. Be VERY proud of yourself for catching it and making a good decision! Your must be doing something right :)

On 8/2/2012 at 0:55 AM, UTGal99 said:

No, I have not been sleeved yet. I am expecting to have surgery in late September/early October. I just can't imagine why I would do such a thing. I know it is not right and I am trying to change my ways. Ay yi yi - what a process! Old habits really do die hard!

To have that willpower before your sleeve is amazing. Don't beat yourself up even after its hard to forget old habits. But it hurts the tummy to much to give in for me. I have forgotten I had a sleeve when I first was on normal food. Ordered a small burger and fries. A few bites I vomited. Didn't even touch the fries lol oops.

Point is your a human and you got through it and you should be proud of yourself. Now I don't go Mac Donalds but i have since that event got a burger a small one and ate half the pattie for lunch. Half the pattie for dinner. Without the bun or sauce lol. Did it for me. No fries.

In the uk we don't get ice tea at mcds that's interesting.

On 10/12/2017 at 2:46 AM, Nancy MBGC said:

If you haven't been sleeved yet, that's not that weird at all. You could have easily eaten the whole meal. Hmmm.. guess I don't get this post.

Because she feels now she is about to imbark on this journey that her frame of mind would be changing by now. She feels she shouldn't have almost done what she feels she should not be doing on this new path though she has not had the surgery yet.

What is so confusing ?

She could have eaten the whole meal but she wants to change her way of eating and eat healthier before surgery which is commendable. I on the other hand did this a lot before surgery and was scared it meant I wouldn't do well post surgery. Luckily the sleeve stops me from eating the wrong things. I needed more than willpower alone. I am admiring this lady for still being able to eat this kind of food. But still chose not to. Amazing.

On 8/2/2012 at 11:50 PM, Catracks said:

I used to get a either a:

Big Mac, Filet O'Fish and super sized fries OR

Double cheeseburger and a 10 piece chicken McNugget and super sized fries

Here are the stats for the first meal:

Calories 1430 Cholesterol 115mg (39%) Protein 47g Calories from Fat 650 Sodium 1960mg (82%) Vitamin A 380IU (8%) Total Fat 72g (111%) Total Carbs 148g (49%) Vitamin C 12mg (20%) Saturated Fat 17g (86%) Dietary Fiber 11g (45%) Calcium 450mg (45%) Trans Fat 1.5g Sugars 15g Iron 8mg (45%)

Here are the stats for the second:

Calories 1470 Cholesterol 150mg (50%) Protein 54g Calories from Fat 710 Sodium 2620mg (109%) Vitamin A 500IU (10%) Total Fat 79g (122%) Total Carbs 136g (45%) Vitamin C 14mg (25%) Saturated Fat 20g (98%) Dietary Fiber 12g (48%) Calcium 330mg (35%) Trans Fat 2g Sugars 14g Iron 6mg (35%)

Considering I eat about 750 calories a day, I am flabbergasted. This is one of 3 meals plus Snacks. I was headed for 300 pounds on a 5' frame. OMG!!!!

I was 244 5 foot 2 and only didn't get bigger because I dipped in an out of dieting but I used to order 3 burgers and nuggets and fries I am so disgusted. I don't know if I regretted it honestly. It was a binge and then I'd forget about it as it was obviously the last binge before a diet lol. Always. But never.

1 minute ago, dreamingsmall said:

I was 244 5 foot 2 and only didn't get bigger because I dipped in an out of dieting but I used to order 3 burgers and nuggets and fries I am so disgusted. I don't know if I regretted it honestly. It was a binge and then I'd forget about it as it was obviously the last binge before a diet lol. Always. But never.

That is a lot of food. And fast food can make you feel really terrible. My downfall was eating 5 pieces of fried chicken at once, along with a side like fried pickles or okra.

1 minute ago, jaminator said:

That is a lot of food. And fast food can make you feel really terrible. My downfall was eating 5 pieces of fried chicken at once, along with a side like fried pickles or okra.

It makes me feel sick thinking about it. I am still tempted for bad food but I don't want to waste my money buying something I will have one piece of and I won't go the effort to make it lol.

I've never heard of a side of okra next to fried chicken!

This conversation is making me hungry actually but my first goal to get to 197lbs before November is more important lol

Just now, dreamingsmall said:

It makes me feel sick thinking about it. I am still tempted for bad food but I don't want to waste my money buying something I will have one piece of and I won't go the effort to make it lol.

I've never heard of a side of okra next to fried chicken!

This conversation is making me hungry actually but my first goal to get to 197lbs before November is more important lol

Ha souther cooking! I am in Texas and there is a place chicken Express and you can get okra with anything.