Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in the same boat, but I'm already half way there. Don't worry, the time will go by quickly.

Aghh.....girl I feel your pain. Whenever anyone feels me they're starting the process I always suggest they start a supervised diet just in case. A word of advice do not do or say anything to sabatoge your doctors recommendations. My doctor told me to exercise 5x a week, and on one of my visits I told him the last 2 weeks I was only able to exercise 3x a week and I got denied because of that and had to do another whole 6 month diet. Well good luck, and trust me time goes by faster that you think.

Wow.....seriously??? That is one HARSH doctor. I would be pissed. I'm sorry you had to go through that craziness. I think my doctor would have been jumping for joy if I'd been working out 3 times a week.

Do you see your regular doctor often. They always weigh you when you come in. You may be able to go back 6 months to get a record of your weight. I don't know if it will help, just a thought, Good luck hang in there

That stinks some insurance coordinators are better than most. I went to a doctor who had a bariatric coordinator who did not return calls. I actually switched offices to another practice. Life is too short to deal with ratchet arse bariatric coordinators. I am a stressor so I need someone on their job. I am sorry for your troubles' date=' I hope things get better.[/quote']

RATCHET..... LOL (you so ratchet)

My supervised diet is w my pcp .. On my first visit my doc ask me what kinds diet I wanted to do I told him high Protein and low carbs .. He also said exercise as often as u can like walking .. Each visit I go to he weight me and oh dont forget to let him do your height .. But anyway on each vist he document my weightloss my exercise routine in the doctors notes .... Some insurance want u to use weight in paper the write on so u might. Wanna check that out

I had to have a 2yr weight history...my pcp pulled from my past visits. I also had to do 3 months NUT visits.

Just stay as busy as possible...I know it is hard when you want something so badly and have to wait.

Wishing you a speedy 6 mths!!!

We had to take a 3 month class and lose a certain amount of weight. I'm glad we took the classes...it prepared me more for the whole thing.

Good luck you can do it.

That sux. People can say that a 6 month diet is 'commom', but really u feel like insurance just tries to throw as many obstacles as possible & keep patients in the dark. I called my ins 2x, different answers within a 48 hr period. When my doctor referred me to a bariatric surgeon, my primary MD's office called me in a panic asking if I knew if I had approval to see the surgeon& ho

& where to send it. Um, isn't that your job? Stay strong!!!

I had to have a 2yr weight history...my pcp pulled from my past visits. I also had to do 3 months NUT visits.

Just stay as busy as possible...I know it is hard when you want something so badly and have to wait.

Wishing you a speedy 6 mths!!!

Yea well ive been over weight since i was 10. It is hard, and now the days seem so long and jan sounds so far away. Im takin this time to learn alot more. Im going to checkn c how many nut visit they require in my insurance.

Thank u

U kno i feel a lil jealous when i see people post surgery dates.. Lol even though im happy they getting them i want mys so bad. I wanna be able to play with my boys without running out of breath. Oh n sleeping through the nite without feeling out of air would be a plus. I would love to shop n find something cut that i like in my size.

Just venting

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and cry. I heard that crying burns 1.3 calories per minute. Every little bit counts you know???? Seriously...I know it could be disappointing when they say 6 months and you see others moving along with much faster times. Insurance companies have their own policies and rules. Most of them derived from abuse and failure rates of past patients. You must constantly check because they can change at any time. But having insurance is so crucial. I had no problem jumping through any of their hoops because I didn't have the money to self pay plus if I killed over I wanted someone to sue. (Nothing happen....I'm doing extremely well) Everything everyone above have stated is true. I just want to add or reiterate what everyone else have said. Do your homework, jump through the hoops, and use this time to get yourself together. Break it down into manageable months if you have to. They are not saying you have to lose a gillion pounds. Don't look @ it that way. Congratulations on taking the first steps. Don't give up because you are worth it. If this was easy...everyone would be doing it. One more thing...insurance companies do have a clause saying just because you meet most or all requirements they can still deny your surgery. Some people get denied the first time. So...stay proactive and ask questions. Plus you get to learn from all of our mistakes. And.....medical advancements in surgery may happen and you can benefit. Best wishes, good luck, and stay encouraged!!!

I'm sorry to hear that your insurance requires 6 month diet' date=' that would suck so bad. My surgeon doesn't require the supervised diet because he believes that most people who seek wls do so as a last resort and they've mostly tried every single diet out there.[/quote']

It's what insurance requires, not the surgeon. Insurance is the one writing the check, so they get to make the rules.