Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to have 5 years of documented weight. Your 6 months is child's play. Your doctor can't possibly know the requirements of every single insurance company he works with.

I had to have 5 years of documented weight.

I did too but through records. I just asked the doctors I'd used over the last 5 years to send in the records. Did you actually wait 5 years?

You guys all docs are not the same some dont take the time to inform and others

My surgeon has an insurance lady who on the first consult asked me who my insurer was and they had a stack of requirement sheets for each insurance carrier. She pulled out the one for my insurance. Took 10 seconds. So, yeah, there should be someone in the office who has a pretty vast knowledge of what the major carriers require. Regardless of the type of doctor, that's a major part of how they get paid so someone in the office has to know.

I think I will grab a box of tissues and commiserate with you. Good thing I am not an emotional eater; I eat when bored.

I am going to barix clinic and they gave me all the requirements of both my insurance, which was only a psyche eval, and the surgeons requirements which were endoscope, sleep study and cardiac clearance. I am glad that my doc had these requirements as it ensures that I am healthy enough to deal with the surgery and the recovery process. Hang tight Gelen's change, it will happen you just have to follow the rules set. Good luck!

They game me a list but something told me to call the ensurance to see if i need anything else to qualify and i got the 6 month surprise. I did all the phyc and ecg and blood and all i needed was ugi. Damn im so mad i had no clue.

I kno how u feel guess what happen to me my previous insurance didn't require a 6 month so when I found out the company I worked for was changing ppo providers and the insurance was changing beechstreer to Aetna with in a month I decided to follow Aetna requirements and I need a 6 month so I'm will be in my third at the end of this month ... It's frustrated cause we just want to start our journey but this has allowed me to start dieting track my food and change a view thing

They game me a list but something told me to call the ensurance to see if i need anything else to qualify and i got the 6 month surprise. I did all the phyc and ecg and blood and all i needed was ugi. Damn im so mad i had no clue.

That stinks some insurance coordinators are better than most. I went to a doctor who had a bariatric coordinator who did not return calls. I actually switched offices to another practice. Life is too short to deal with ratchet arse bariatric coordinators. I am a stressor so I need someone on their job. I am sorry for your troubles, I hope things get better.

You and I both

Hello everyone I need a personal buddy too go through this process with. I have a date for August the 21 and believe me I can't wait.

My insurance company had their requirements online. However, I called them to double check. Then when I went to my initial surgical consult, I met with the insurance coordinator who confirmed all the requirements. I'm sorry that not all doctor's offices do their jobs so well. But that's why we have to be our own advocate. Believe it or not, the six months go by really fast. Hang in there!

Saw my PCP today for my first weigh in for my 6 month diet. Had I been at 40 BMI I would not have had to do this. I was 39.18! I understand how frustrated you are! My PCP summed it up pretty well, she said that I need this 6 months to prepare myself for this major life change and proove that I am serious and capable of following the strict diet recommendations that this type surgery requires. I felt much better about the situation after that. Start the diet for the first full day tomorrow and signed up with a fitness center today. Here we go! Let's do this!