Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I meet my plastic surgeon on 25th sept, about having a Tummy Tuck, im rather excited but a little nervous too. I am at my personal target weight so it should be ok to go ahead !! Fingers crossed all will be ok.;):)

Thankyou so much aussie chick. I hope my op goes as well as yours did, ill let you know what happens when i meet the surgeon. You are looking great a real insperation to many of us on here xxx

Congrats, I look forward to reading about how this progresses. I am sure I am going to need one and have already started saving for one, even though I have a lot more weight to lose before I will actually have it done.

:update: i met the plastic surgeon yesterday, and all went as well as i could expect, he wants me 2 return on the 8th january, and if im still maintaing my weight and packed up smoking he will do a apronectomy at the latset 18 weeks after the 8th of january, so im pleased with what he said, cigarettes have to go as from monday lol so i may be a bit grumpy next week, never mind it will all be worth it in the end.:) :) :)

Sounds like things are moving along great. I wish you the best with quitting smoking, I know that will be tough, but you can do it. Are you doing the patch or anything to help you? My ex father-in-law had smoked for over 30 years, 2 packs a day. He tried everything to quit but never succeeded. Then, when my son was born and had asthma and severe allergies, and could not be around the smoke, he decided to quit. His doctor gave him a prescription pack and it worked. He hasn't smoked in 12 years.

Hi Sugar plum

I also live in England and have been banded - self pay - I will also want a TT next year when I have lost more weight - my question is if you are ready for the TT why do you have to wait so long

susan hi ty 4 your reply, yes i will be giving up smoking with nicotine replacement theripy, so it should help alot !!

cozzie hi, i got to wait so long for my Tummy Tuck as it will be done on the nhs im not self pay so i got to wait 3 months and be tested to see if i packed in smoking, the initial 18 weeks after that is the general guide lines for the waiting list but i will probably be done well b4 that, the t/t isnt normally done on the nhs, but its a follow up op as i had the band on the nhs also.

how do they know if you quite smoking?:faint:

helen they get u to blow in 2 a breathiliser which detects carbon monixide, if im telling porkies im BUSTED lol :confused:

Well, my plastic surgeon said that he can tell immediately about a patient smoking - just by their skin and tissue.

He prefers not to do any surgery on anyone who has used tobacco within 3-6 months depending on the surgery. He says smokers fare worse during anesthesia & surgery, have more complications, have more pulled incision lines, tend to have necrotic (dead) tissue after surgery and generally heal slower and worse than non-smokers.

He prefers not to do multiple (combination) procedures in one surgery on smokers because they don't do well with longer surgeries.

If he senses patients are 'fudging' about how long it's been since they last smoked he won't touch them, and he'll postpone their surgery.

Once he gets in the O.R. however, he can really tell as soon as he gets in there how long it's been since they have last smoked.

He says other surgery doesn't compare to plastic surgery for smokers and occasionally patients will think 'Oh I smoked before my knee surgery so I can do it before my plastic surgery.' And they're wrong.

Later when they have necrotic tissue (Google pictures of "necrotic tissue" - but only if you have a strong stomach) that is dying, then they realize their mistake.

It's just not worth it.

Newsho, thank god I don't smoke. That sounds horrible. Imagine what smoking does, not only to your lungs but also to your skin, tissue, organs. Very scary stuff.

yes guys u guessed it im seeing the nurse tommorow about nicotine replacement Patches, its bye bye to my cigarettes ! so it will be grumpy old me 4 a while lol