Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Ever Wake Up......

I didn't second guess myself, I knew I needed this surgery and it was the only way that I could lose the weight and keep it off. I was, however, terrified. I was self pay in Mexico (I live in Canada) and left my husband, my 3 year old son and my 15 month old daughter back home. I was doing it for them just as much as for myself, but I kept thinking, what if something would happen to me, what would they do. But in my worries, I decided the risks of surgery outweighed all the health problems and risks of being obese would start having on me.

It is a huge, life-altering decision, so I would be more worried if you didn't give it a second thought and jumped right into it without knowing what you are getting yourself into.

I didn't second guess myself, I knew I needed this surgery and it was the only way that I could lose the weight and keep it off. I was, however, terrified. I was self pay in Mexico (I live in Canada) and left my husband, my 3 year old son and my 15 month old daughter back home. I was doing it for them just as much as for myself, but I kept thinking, what if something would happen to me, what would they do. But in my worries, I decided the risks of surgery outweighed all the health problems and risks of being obese would start having on me.

It is a huge, life-altering decision, so I would be more worried if you didn't give it a second thought and jumped right into it without knowing what you are getting yourself into.

I get so happy when I hear great stories on why people decide to go thru surgery. I am glad you gave yourself that opportunity to live a healthy life and be there for your family.

That is one if not the most important reason I want to do it.

From what I've read it's pretty normal to second guess our life changing decision. I know in my heart that this is the only thing that will help me with all of my comorbitity diseases.

I thank you for your support.

amazed that you are taking less of the epilepsy medication.

scaredoftheunknown

i knew my co-morbidities (msp) diabetes, high bp etc. would be alleviated by the sleeve, but never thought my epilepsy meds also would be affected 4 months after WLS and about 60 lbs lighter

wasn't thinking, but as in other meds, your dosage goes by your weight. An 8 lb baby would get less meds than a 235 lb women - well, i'm no baby, but baby look at me now - down 85 lbs in 7 1/2 months and less pills to take ;)

kathy

scaredoftheunknown

i knew my co-morbidities (msp) diabetes, high bp etc. would be alleviated by the sleeve, but never thought my epilepsy meds also would be affected 4 months after WLS and about 60 lbs lighter

wasn't thinking, but as in other meds, your dosage goes by your weight. An 8 lb baby would get less meds than a 235 lb women - well, i'm no baby, but baby look at me now - down 85 lbs in 7 1/2 months and less pills to take ;)

kathy

Woooo hoooo!! Way to go Kathy.

Focus on the positives and how this surgery will change your life! The past is behind us and if we could have done it, we would have. You can do this! We are all here for support!

I changed my mind after every required class my insurance made me go to. Then I'd change it back before the next class only to change it again after. Glad I went through with it.

I changed my mind after every required class my insurance made me go to. Then I'd change it back before the next class only to change it again after. Glad I went through with it.

I thought I had this under control and knew exactly what I wanted. I went to all my testing and phych. evaluation all went well then I had my sleep apnea results come back stating I have mild 9.3 sleep apena. Using that machine has been a hassle, making me tired and with headaches. That is when I would wake up thinking if I really wanted to do this also just trying to talk myself out of it because I think of the "what if's".

Then I have been reading everyone's replies and just assures me that this is a normal feeling.

I do want to share that I did go back to the sleep clinic and they changed my mask as well as told me it tacked it down letting them know I was successful. Now I have to wait 10 days to get it and then after that I see the surgeon on the 17th. and I hope that once I have the surgery and lose weight I can get off the machine. Even the sleep dr. said it looked very promising.

Thanks for your support.

Thank you. You know that is why I really won't give up on having the surgery. I am diabetic and the medications for it make me very sick. I too have hbp. How long ago was your surgery?

Thanks for your support.

My surgery date was 12/31/11. I have lost 116 lbs in a little more than 8 months. I'm no longer obese and I feel great! You can do this!! :)