Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exactly, How Did You Loose Weight...?

Okay. So. I was sleeved July 17 and the weight is not "melting" off like I thought it would. lol. I mean I'm down like 18lbs since the 17th but I thought I would be down wayyyyyyy more. Am I being ridiculous or what? So, I just wanted to know exactly how did you post-op sleevers loose weight at a decent pace? I've been walking but I'm not sure if I should amp up my cardio or what. How much exercise were you doing? Or what type of plan did you have to melt the fat (lol)..?

Also, did anyone ever not exercise and loose weight quickly?

Thanks for sharing!

I've been following my doctor's plan which suggests 60 - 90 grams of Protein a day. I've lost 11.something pounds since my surgery a week ago yesterday. 17 pounds is nothing to sneeze at - that's only what, two weeks ago? Just make sure you are getting in the calories, protein, and fluids. Exercise is essential as well. I think the weight loss comes off faster for people who weighed more when they got sleeved.

I think that is really great! That is more than 1 pound a day - actually it is 1.28 pounds per day! :) Maybe if you look at it that way it will help you view it differently.

I saw great work and keep it up!

Hey i have the VSG on july 16th i have lost 13 pounds.. Im not complaining at all.. Remember if u loose weight real fast is difficult to put all ur skin together.. Stick with Protein Drink, walking or running .. And u r going to feel great..Whats ur weight right now? I was 215 , i manage to loose 30 pounds before surgery.. In my liquid diet i lost 11 pounds.. Pre op weight 172.. My current weight is 159 ..

Just try to keep perspective. This is a new way of life, not a race. If you were trying to lose weight before your surgery, and were losing over a pound a day, I'm guessing you would be doing a big happy dance. Just think of where you will be in another two weeks, and then another, and so on! Try to keep the bigger picture in mind, and don't let the numbers control you.

Your weight is melting off. 18 pounds in 2 weeks is 9 pounds a week which is awesome. Know though, it will not continue at that pace. It will slow down so don't be alarmed when it does. Follow your doctor's plan and you will lose weight.

Good luck to you on your journey!

I agree, your weight is dropping off--you're losing fast! You're young, so please listen when I say: EXERCISE. It's not about dropping the weight faster--it's about retaining your shape and strength as you lose the weight. I'm going to be--gulp--50 this month and I didn't/don't exercise. Yes, I dropped the weight anyway, but I am paying for that lack of exercise and fast loss with MUCH loose skin and odd bumpy shapes on my belly--skin droooops, and you do not want that! You want to look HAWT when you're done and be able to show off that gorgeous shape without worrying about floppiness. Exercise will help tighten stuff up. Trust me, please; unfortunately, I know what I'm talking about. My skin isn't so loose that it flaps (some people do lose so much so fast that their skin cannot keep up and it literally flaps), but it is NOT pretty and everything--"everything"--lost perkiness. So exercise. :-) Hugs to you--keep doing what you're doing but ADD EXERCISE!

I've been following my doctor's plan which suggests 60 - 90 grams of Protein a day. I've lost 11.something pounds since my surgery a week ago yesterday. 17 pounds is nothing to sneeze at - that's only what, two weeks ago? Just make sure you are getting in the calories, Protein, and fluids. Exercise is essential as well. I think the weight loss comes off faster for people who weighed more when they got sleeved.

I think so as well. *sigh*! How many calories are you taking in per day?

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Sometimes I get wrapped up into the whole racing/rapid results mentality. I didn't realize 18lbs in 15days is a decent amount of weight loss until I read your posts. This is why I love this forum.

@Cita - I am 236 now. I'm so close to onederland. I can't wait!

Thanks Everyone :D !!

I agree with everyone else, 18 lbs in 2 weeks is ahead of the pace! The important thing to remember is to do your best NOT to compare to others. Everyone's bodies are different and everyone loses at different rates. Some will lose slower, some will lose faster...there are just too many variables to look at when looking at the rate of weight loss. If you start comparing, you are only setting yourself up to be depressed, frustrated, and down on yourself. There will always be someone that loses faster, and it is not worth the heartache.

Okay. So. I was sleeved July 17 and the weight is not "melting" off like I thought it would. lol. I mean I'm down like 18lbs since the 17th but I thought I would be down wayyyyyyy more. Am I being ridiculous or what? So, I just wanted to know exactly how did you post-op sleevers loose weight at a decent pace? I've been walking but I'm not sure if I should amp up my cardio or what. How much exercise were you doing? Or what type of plan did you have to melt the fat (lol)..?

Also, did anyone ever not exercise and loose weight quickly?

Thanks for sharing!

First and foremost you are losing OVER A POUND A DAY. How is that not quick? It is a ton of weight lost!! Look at any other weight loss website, people lose like 2 pounds a week and that's a LOT.

You did not gain this weight a pound a day. And eventually your weight loss will probably slow down to a couple pounds a week. And that's still a large loss!

I think we all get so caught up in that we just want the weight to be gone gone gone that we lose sight of the fact that if the weight all disappeared over 2 months we would be incredibly sick. It is healthy to lose weight at a reasonable pace, even if it's not as exciting as now now now.

And when we get down to it....a loss is a loss is a loss. As long as it's a pound off my bum - even if it's just one or two - it was worth my time!

Enjoy your loss. 17 pounds! That's the size of a small/med dog. A young child. A large cat. A big bag of groceries.

And exercise! Not only will it help you with loose skin, but it will also help with your general health. You can be skinny as a rail and not healthy at all. Adding a bit of exercise will increase your cardio and pulmonary function, decreasing your risk of a great number of diseases.

I too had my surgery on the 17th. My dr office says that the average lose in the first month is 20-25# with some losing less/more.

I am only walking right now...no pulling, lifting, or hard core exercise until 1 month.

I totally understand how your mind gets the better of you and you think that you should be losing like 5# day!! The first 2 weeks was taking in about 300-400 calories/day. At my appointment yesterday, they told me to start mushies and aim for 800.

I have found that I feel lighter overall with the amount I have lost. Try to look at the long view of your healthier life you have given yourself. You are doing great...try not to be so hard on yourself (advice that I too struggle with ;-}).

Everyone loses at a different pace......it's not a contest..:) Just follow yout dr's plan, stay away from all foods that have no Protein value, excersize, excersize, and when yout tired, excersize some more.....it will come off.....If you lose too fast, you may expercience exessive hair loss, and none of us want that.....lol

Be patient, follow the plan, and it will happen.

Congrats on the loss so far.

You are doing great! I agree with everyone you need to exercise, being only a few weeks you don't need to go hard core, I was still taking long naps at 3 weeks out. You need to get into good exercise habits now cause eventually the weight loss will slow and you will need your exercise for the weight to continue to fall off.

Also it seems that some people lose fast, then slow down and some lose a few pounds a week consistently, but at the 8-9 month mark the pounds for both sets of people are pretty similar. Also, the more you have to lose, the faster it will come off. good luck and enjoy the ride.

July 17th? At only 15 days out, you're still in the healing phase, so be sure to take care of that end of things first. You're doing fine, but you do NOT want to jeopardize your long-term health for the sake of a few extra pounds lost now. Be patient, this is a lifelong change, not a six-week miracle diet.