Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was on July 30. I don't think I have ever been in so much pain. The surgery went well, I just have a hard time waking up from the anastheia. The first day there I didn't walk as much as I should have because I was so nauseous. I think the morphine had something to do with it. My throat is very sore and I really dont have a voice. It also hurts like the devil to cough, and everytime I get up to walk I get horrible hiccups. Honestly right now I'm not sure why I had the surgery, but I know that is just the pain talking.

Amanda

I agree,,,i had mine done the same day and all i can think is "why did i do this to myself?". The gas pains finally left this morning,,.but it is so hard to get my fluids in,,.i hope we see the light soon

Hang in there. I too bad horrible pain and nausea. I had my buyer's remorse lying in the hospital bed. Every day gets better and better. It's worth it. I'm down 22lbs in 4 weeks. It wouldn't have happened if I hadn't had the surgery. Rest. Walk when you can. It's going to get better. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Yeah for both of you, you did it!!! I think just about every post I've read about the first day or two after surgery, everyone has the thought of "why did I do this to myself." It will get better, just hang in there. We are all here cheering you on and every day gets a little better.

As the sleevers say, sip sip sip and walk walk walk. Truly, I think it's the walking that helps with the pain because it helps all of the gas dissipate.

Please keep us posted on your progress! Today will be a better day :)

I was sleeved July 17th. I had none of the issues you speak of. I know everyone is different but I'm sure it will get better. I too was on morphine. I had a little bit of nausea but it wasn't bad enough to where I couldn't walk. It just made me very weak so I was afraid to walk. Eventually I got up around 3AM and forced myself to walk. Mind you my surgery was at 7:30AM (on time) and yes I was laying around for that entire time!

The gas pains are terrible. In fact, I didn't find walking helpful at all (in regards to releaving the gas). I was chewing gas-x like it was noones business. That somewhat relieved me. Otherwise I just dealt with it.

I didn't have any throat pain. They told me they were going to put a breathing tube down my throat so I suspected my throat would be sore when I woke up but prayerfully it wasn't. However, when I had the endoscopy done my throat was hella sore! OMG. So I definitely feel your pain.

And yes, coughing hurts like hell! Unfortunately, I caught a cold on day 3 and oh boy was it painful to cough. Sheesh.

Anyway, I understand what your going through. Just take your pain meds, walk a little each day and I'm sure it will get better.

Take Care :) ~!

Oh I'm so sorry you are feeling like poo :(

I've heard from so many people that the frist couple of days are the worst, and people are often wondering why on earth they got the surgery! But it gets better and it turns out to be the best decision they ever made! I am being sleeved tomorrow and told my husband to remind me of this when I am lying in bed complaining. Keep us posted, just know it will get better!

I was sleeved on7/25. Still in hospital. Fluid does not go down. All I do all day is spit and vomit saliva. They just put in a pick line yesterday. I am sitting here with heartburn. I can not see the light at the end of this tunnel. I have no idea what is wrong with my esophogus. My dr said it just a waiting game. I feel I am in purgatory. Yesterday was my boo hoo day. I don't know how much longer I can take. This is so much more than buyers remorse. :(

I'm sorry to hear that it's been so difficult for you. I strongly encourage you to let your nurses know that you're still in pain and that you're having a lot of nausea. They can increase the pain medications and give you something for the nausea.

I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but just in a few short days you will be feeling much better. Hang in there!

I was sleeved on7/25. Still in hospital. Fluid does not go down. All I do all day is spit and vomit saliva. They just put in a pick line yesterday. I am sitting here with heartburn. I can not see the light at the end of this tunnel. I have no idea what is wrong with my esophogus. My dr said it just a waiting game. I feel I am in purgatory. Yesterday was my boo hoo day. I don't know how much longer I can take. This is so much more than buyers remorse. :(

Do they have you on a proton pump inhibitor for the acid reflux?

I'm sorry that you're having so much pain and vomiting. Have they tried changing drugs for nausea?

I know it's hard, but try to keep faith that it will get better. It seems horrible right now, and you seem to have drawn some unlucky cards, but in time your body will heal and you will be better. You're still less than a week out of surgery, so you probably have a lot of swelling still. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

My surgery was on July 30. I don't think I have ever been in so much pain. The surgery went well, I just have a hard time waking up from the anastheia. The first day there I didn't walk as much as I should have because I was so nauseous. I think the morphine had something to do with it. My throat is very sore and I really dont have a voice. It also hurts like the devil to cough, and everytime I get up to walk I get horrible hiccups. Honestly right now I'm not sure why I had the surgery, but I know that is just the pain talking.

Amanda

It IS the pain talking. Lord willing, a few months from now, that will be a distant memory and you will be THRILLED with yourself for having the surgery. Many have the buyer's remorse in the hospital bed. I hope you feel better quickly!

Thanks y'all for the words of encouragement. I have a good support group at home, but none of them have had the surgery. It's so nice to have found this group and to realize that I'm not alone in my journey.

On a side not, it's a little easier to cough today.

I had my surgery on Monday as well. I'm doing pretty good no pain only when I get up but its tolerable. Been waking every hour. Hope everyone feels better

Keep up the good work and ebby please please keep us posted....very worried about u!!

Hi, I had my sleeve yesterday and lucky for me, I haven't had a lot of pain. I imagine just soreness around the incisions. I've been walking even got a Popsicle today. Life is good!!

Did anyone use a tummy binder for support getting up and walking around? I have surgery in a couple weeks and won't get a lot of down time. Was thinking about getting one it helps.