Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tip For Protein Ice Cream

I had tried making Protein off Eggface's Blog before, and was so not happy with it. I tried to split it up into different little containers and freeze. I didn't want to have to thaw out a whole batch to eat some of it. Ended up having to falling out of my freeze, uneven melting, etc. So I gave up on it. That was until another another sleever told me "oh, I just pour mine in popsicle molds". Holy S**T, I said to myself, how come I never thought of that.

So if you are having trouble with protein ice cream or storing it, try freezing it in popsicle molds. Then you just pop out one at a time. Portion Control and a nice yummy, creamy treat!!

thanks for the tip!! I will definately be trying the Protein icecream once I am sleeved.

I have one of those little dessert freezers that you put the container in the deep freeze overnight and next day pour in your ice cream mix and turn it on to spin. I never thought of making ice cream with the shakes! Sounds yummy! Another thing you could do if you wanted a creamier texture is put it into a zip-lock bag and freeze and squeeze every couple of hours. I will see if I can get me some popcicle molds too!

I have one of those little dessert freezers that you put the container in the deep freeze overnight and next day pour in your ice cream mix and turn it on to spin. I never thought of making ice cream with the shakes! Sounds yummy! Another thing you could do if you wanted a creamier texture is put it into a zip-lock bag and freeze and squeeze every couple of hours. I will see if I can get me some popcicle molds too!

I have an ice cream maker, just mix up and pour in and viola, Ice Cream!..I have been experimenting trying to find good combinations, but is sure a nice change from the mundane!

Cuisinart ice cream maker on sale at amazon! $60 instead of $110.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043XYHLS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

making popsicles is easy with paper cups and the wooden sticks you can buy in the dolllar store or a craft store. They are sold in large quanties and I've even be able to reuse them(washing up in between of course)